Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 382 of 565 FirstFirst ... 282332372380381382383384392432482 ... LastLast
Results 5,716 to 5,730 of 8462
  1. #5716
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    29,029
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    It came from Gina!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    vagina? so it's some woman's fault.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  2. #5717
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    So this entire conversation has been a waste of everybody's time?.
    Given the participants, I am not surprised.

  3. #5718
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    15,304
    So now I don't know what to think regarding some of this.
    I had a conversation last night with a local nurse friend of mine I've not really talked to for months.

    Now, caveat...while she used to work in the local hospital/ER she is currently a nursing administrator at a nursing home- still well connected, but not on the front lines per se.

    SHE thinks more along the line of numbers being overreported, both in cases and deaths. AND she's of the mind (tho not sure how she'd know) that hospitals are getting extra money NOT just from Medicare patients (even tho that's what the CARES Act includes). Her husband, herself, and her kids all tested positive despite all being asymptomatic. She also claims to know of people who've died weeks/months after testing positive and getting over it...that were still tagged as Covid deaths.

    I've trusted her at other times for years, so that conversation throws me off a bit in multiple ways.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  4. #5719
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,205
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I never said that. I said dont make bets you know people arent gonna take. It exposes your bravado.

    I always bet gimmes. Dont you?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I offered you $1,000 to show me your MD license. Should be a gimme for you if what you said is true. Let's do it?

  5. #5720
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,632
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    I offered you $1,000 to show me your MD license. Should be a gimme for you if what you said is true. Let's do it?
    He doesn’t have one. He’s a phony stoner who thinks he’s smart.

  6. #5721
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,632
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    So now I don't know what to think regarding some of this.
    I had a conversation last night with a local nurse friend of mine I've not really talked to for months.

    Now, caveat...while she used to work in the local hospital/ER she is currently a nursing administrator at a nursing home- still well connected, but not on the front lines per se.

    SHE thinks more along the line of numbers being overreported, both in cases and deaths. AND she's of the mind (tho not sure how she'd know) that hospitals are getting extra money NOT just from Medicare patients (even tho that's what the CARES Act includes). Her husband, herself, and her kids all tested positive despite all being asymptomatic. She also claims to know of people who've died weeks/months after testing positive and getting over it...that were still tagged as Covid deaths.

    I've trusted her at other times for years, so that conversation throws me off a bit in multiple ways.
    Sounds like your friend doesn’t understand infectious diseases.

    Another “I know a guy” perspective is my general practitioner telling me about the four patients he sent to ER with COVID-19 who are now on ventilators and the frustration he has with patients thinking they don’t need to wear masks when they’re at the doctor.

    This **** is ****ing real, man.

  7. #5722
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    15,304
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Sounds like your friend doesn’t understand infectious diseases.

    Another “I know a guy” perspective is my general practitioner telling me about the four patients he sent to ER with COVID-19 who are now on ventilators and the frustration he has with patients thinking they don’t need to wear masks when they’re at the doctor.

    This **** is ****ing real, man.
    I never suggested it wasn't real....or that SHE did.
    And I guarantee she understands infectious diseases.

    What I was saying wasn't suggesting this is a hoax for cripes sakes...just a suggestion that the actual numbers may be inflated. The conversation started because I asked where all these new positives in our county were coming from (small numbers, rural area...but after having no more than 15-25 actives at any time for months, suddenly it's grown to over 300 in a few weeks). She said (again, this is HERE) the vast majority of our positives are asymptomatic. We just had our 5th death tagged as Covid out of 1400 total positives.

    Again, I wasn't suggesting she was suggesting this is no big deal...only that JUST looking at the spike in positives may not be AS worthy of alarm as some make it out to be.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  8. #5723
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,205
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    He doesn’t have one. He’s a phony stoner who thinks he’s smart.
    He disappeared and then proceeds to call me low IQ for claiming that there are Trump supporters who are afraid of being vocal Trump supporters.



    He clearly doesn't understand much of anything. And how ignorant does someone have to be to not know that vocal Trump supporters are blackballed by large companies because these large companies don't want to face negative PR? But hey, if he's an MD, I would stay away from him. No way am I trusting a doctor who can't accept basic info.

  9. #5724
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,205
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I never suggested it wasn't real....or that SHE did.
    And I guarantee she understands infectious diseases.

    What I was saying wasn't suggesting this is a hoax for cripes sakes...just a suggestion that the actual numbers may be inflated. The conversation started because I asked where all these new positives in our county were coming from (small numbers, rural area...but after having no more than 15-25 actives at any time for months, suddenly it's grown to over 300 in a few weeks). She said (again, this is HERE) the vast majority of our positives are asymptomatic. We just had our 5th death tagged as Covid out of 1400 total positives.

    Again, I wasn't suggesting she was suggesting this is no big deal...only that JUST looking at the spike in positives may not be AS worthy of alarm as some make it out to be.
    The numbers are inflated. You're actually months old on this. Hospitals make more by reporting COVID patients because they get more federal funding. The incentive for hospitals to link patients to COVID is highly profitable. Now, I'm not saying these individuals are sick and twisted money hungry scumbags but it's just how the process is when money is involved and since there is still much to know about COVID, listing COVID as the cause of death is easier to do. The story came out months ago that COVID alone is mainly life threatening if you're an elder or have a compromised immune system. So if you're obese and have lung problems, then you are highly susceptible to being really ill from COVID. To the majority of young population, COVID isn't going to be life threatening in the overwhelming amount of cases. Inflated? Yes. Still deadly? Also yes. Hospitals are notorious for overcharging and milking the system. People who blame healthcare being so expensive in America... yeah, look at your hospitals for that. My grandma has medicare because she is of age. She felt ill three years ago when it was freezing cold. After a day, they determined that all she had was a small case of pneumonia. She should have been good to go home that same day but they pressured her into staying in the hospital for at least three more days. Why? Because the hospitals can fill up one more bed and charge the government for more $ despite knowing that all she needed to do was rest up and turn the heat on higher. Hospitals are very corrupt but since they are also saving lives, people don't see it as such.

  10. #5725
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,538
    Sounds like capitalism at its finest.

  11. #5726
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Sounds like capitalism at its finest.
    It's called crony capitalism. Fed government shouldn't be giving up money to hospitals anyways. Hospitals should operate based on the service provided as long as they meet the regulations to be safe. People pay. If they can't afford, they get their insurance involved. But with how corrupt the healthcare and government are, it's really not capitalism at all.

  12. #5727
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    15,304
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    The numbers are inflated. You're actually months old on this. Hospitals make more by reporting COVID patients because they get more federal funding. The incentive for hospitals to link patients to COVID is highly profitable. Now, I'm not saying these individuals are sick and twisted money hungry scumbags but it's just how the process is when money is involved and since there is still much to know about COVID, listing COVID as the cause of death is easier to do. The story came out months ago that COVID alone is mainly life threatening if you're an elder or have a compromised immune system. So if you're obese and have lung problems, then you are highly susceptible to being really ill from COVID. To the majority of young population, COVID isn't going to be life threatening in the overwhelming amount of cases. Inflated? Yes. Still deadly? Also yes. Hospitals are notorious for overcharging and milking the system. People who blame healthcare being so expensive in America... yeah, look at your hospitals for that. My grandma has medicare because she is of age. She felt ill three years ago when it was freezing cold. After a day, they determined that all she had was a small case of pneumonia. She should have been good to go home that same day but they pressured her into staying in the hospital for at least three more days. Why? Because the hospitals can fill up one more bed and charge the government for more $ despite knowing that all she needed to do was rest up and turn the heat on higher. Hospitals are very corrupt but since they are also saving lives, people don't see it as such.
    I'm months old, ok dude...I've known that as possible for months, all I did was state what a friend said last night. My apologies for not then also laying out the timeline of my entire thought process.

    The incentive for hospitals BY THE CARES ACT only involves Medicare patients...not EVERY Covid patient. If hospitals are getting more federal funds for others, it is coming from another source or is being done illegally or at least incorrectly.

    Don't come in here lecturing me on this stuff like YOU have all your facts straight. You can't state AS FACT that the numbers are inflated. You can't state AS FACT that hospitals are highly incentivized by federal money they weren't getting pre-Covid.

    I also don't need to be told how the virus has been working. I KNOW the morbidity rate skews significantly upward as age and/or health risks increase. I KNOW many young people are asymptomatic.

    Understand something too...a hospital is highly unlikely to 'fill a bed' with a Medicare person unnecessarily. In fact it's generally the opposite. The rates Medicare pays for ALL services is BELOW the rates charged for non-Medicare patients. In business, you don't make up for losses with volume.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  13. #5728
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,205
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I'm months old, ok dude...I've known that as possible for months, all I did was state what a friend said last night. My apologies for not then also laying out the timeline of my entire thought process.

    The incentive for hospitals BY THE CARES ACT only involves Medicare patients...not EVERY Covid patient. If hospitals are getting more federal funds for others, it is coming from another source or is being done illegally or at least incorrectly.

    Don't come in here lecturing me on this stuff like YOU have all your facts straight. You can't state AS FACT that the numbers are inflated. You can't state AS FACT that hospitals are highly incentivized by federal money they weren't getting pre-Covid.

    I also don't need to be told how the virus has been working. I KNOW the morbidity rate skews significantly upward as age and/or health risks increase. I KNOW many young people are asymptomatic.

    Understand something too...a hospital is highly unlikely to 'fill a bed' with a Medicare person unnecessarily. In fact it's generally the opposite. The rates Medicare pays for ALL services is BELOW the rates charged for non-Medicare patients. In business, you don't make up for losses with volume.
    Lol. Are you still upset because I claimed you were confused by your illegal immigration stance? Woah, buddy. It's okay to admit you are wrong. But to burst your bubble, no, the CARES ACT doesn't only apply to Medicare patients. That is only one subset.

    It seems you think I am here to school you and are personally offended + got triggered. Please tell me if that is the case because I am not here to 'offend' you. And me saying you were months late isn't to say you are slow or have been uninformed on the subject for months. It's to say that a story already came out months ago. It wasn't a personal dig at you. Don't take it so serious, please.

  14. #5729
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    15,304
    Upset? lol I had nothing to be upset about, my thinking wasn't wrong or confused. You simply chose to read it that way.

    Please tell me what part of the CARES Act allows for money to be sent to hospitals for non-Medicare Covid patients. My recollection (and I read a LOT of it) doesn't allow for that, unless you're talking about funds sent (their version of PPP money) to help with Covid expenses, which wasn't specifically incentivizing Covid.

    But yes, you were trying to school me. You may not have intended to, but that's certainly how it came off.

    The only thing I'm really taking seriously...is this damn pandemic.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  15. #5730
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    55,517
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    He doesn’t have one. He’s a phony stoner who thinks he’s smart.
    lmao savage

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •