Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 372 of 427 FirstFirst ... 272322362370371372373374382422 ... LastLast
Results 5,566 to 5,580 of 6401
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Funny that the 'America bad at Covid' while 'Europe is the golden standard' BS has suddenly evaporated.
    I could be wrong but aren't you one of the guys that kept propping up Sweden as some great example of how to handle this pandemic?

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    This idiot is posting this image without any context such as it being to a German airline that runs mostly flights to and from Germany. This is important because it’s our terrible response to COVID that causes the German (among many others) to bar our citizens from traveling there for fear we will bring COVID outbreaks like the ones we see each and every day because other idiots won’t follow basic guidelines.

I literally just got back from DC this Sunday and flew in and out of Dulles. It was packed.

Funny that the 'America bad at Covid' while 'Europe is the golden standard' BS has suddenly evaporated.
    lol, when was europe the standard!! Italy had a outbreak worse than ours!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I could be wrong but aren't you one of the guys that kept propping up Sweden as some great example of how to handle this pandemic?
    Nope.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Silly them, since we are the gold standard for the things not to do during a pandemic. We are number one in positivity rate and death. So dissing other countries is foolish.
    We not the covid gold standard.

We the covid **** hole.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I literally just got back from DC this Sunday and flew in and out of Dulles. It was packed.
    Packed...hmm
    I visit my brother in Honolulu every Christmas and had ZERO idea when I bought my tickets in June...that I'd be heading into the winter months unsure whether the trip was a good idea or not. I don't particularly relish the idea of spending 7 hours in a tube at 30,000 ft with 300 strangers in a NORMAL year, let alone now. Did it feel safe, questionable, scary, what? If ANYone is filling middle seats by December (maybe they already are) it'd be any flight overseas.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Packed...hmm
    I visit my brother in Honolulu every Christmas and had ZERO idea when I bought my tickets in June...that I'd be heading into the winter months unsure whether the trip was a good idea or not. I don't particularly relish the idea of spending 7 hours in a tube at 30,000 ft with 300 strangers in a NORMAL year, let alone now. Did it feel safe, questionable, scary, what? If ANYone is filling middle seats by December (maybe they already are) it'd be any flight overseas.
    My wife and I had purchased tickets to go to Hawaii but had to postpone due to covid, but they are only redeemable for up to a year so we have to decide whether to go to Hawaii in April or not.

Did it feel safe? The Airport itself everyone tried their best to keep a reasonable distance and wore masks, but the plane itself was about 1/3 full, but because all the passengers are cheap bastards like myself who bought economy tickets, they crammed us all together in the back the of the plane.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    FDA Approves First Treatment for COVID-19

Today, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration*approved*the antiviral drug Veklury (remdesivir) for use in adult and pediatric patients 12 years of age and older and weighing at least 40 kilograms (about 88 pounds) for the treatment of COVID-19 requiring hospitalization. Veklury should only be administered in a hospital or in a healthcare setting capable of providing acute care comparable to inpatient hospital care. Veklury is the first treatment for COVID-19 to receive FDA approval.
    Read more below

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pres...tment-covid-19

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Nope.
    I believe that was Fingerbang.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    FDA Approves First Treatment for COVID-19

Read more below

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pres...tment-covid-19

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Thats great news...

I'd rather have an effective antiviral than an effective vaccine.

Somehow Trump is going to take credit for Retenol getting approved.......probably did during the debate tonight.

The coronavirus is spreading more rapidly in rural areas of the U.S. than in urban areas. But one rural state continues to do a fabulous job keeping the virus away: Vermont (often laughingly referred to by the right wing as “The People’s Republic of Vermont”.) The starkest sign of Vermont’s success is that it has not recorded a single Covid-19 death in more than two months.

Vermont is succeeding partly because it has not allowed the virus to become a partisan issue. The Republican governor, Phil Scott — unlike many other Republican politicians around the country — has consistently told people to take the virus seriously. “He started wearing a mask early in the pandemic and has stood at the back of the room in many of the state’s coronavirus briefings, letting Dr. Mark Levine, Vermont’s answer to Dr. Anthony Fauci, dominate proceedings,” Bill McKibben, a Vermont resident, wrote in The New Yorker.

Vermont also benefits from having a high degree of social trust among its residents, and Vermont has two strong local media organizations — VTDigger and Seven Days — that keep residents informed and that both took an intriguing step early in the pandemic, McKibben notes: They shut down their comments sections, to prevent misinformation from spreading.

EDIT: There are some resonable Republicans left in the country (at least here in New England).
    Last edited by Crovash; 10-23-2020 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    The coronavirus is spreading more rapidly in rural areas of the U.S. than in urban areas. But one rural state continues to do a fabulous job keeping the virus away: Vermont (often laughingly referred to by the right wing as “The People’s Republic of Vermont”.) The starkest sign of Vermont’s success is that it has not recorded a single Covid-19 death in more than two months.

Vermont is succeeding partly because it has not allowed the virus to become a partisan issue. The Republican governor, Phil Scott — unlike many other Republican politicians around the country — has consistently told people to take the virus seriously. “He started wearing a mask early in the pandemic and has stood at the back of the room in many of the state’s coronavirus briefings, letting Dr. Mark Levine, Vermont’s answer to Dr. Anthony Fauci, dominate proceedings,” Bill McKibben, a Vermont resident, wrote in The New Yorker.

Vermont also benefits from having a high degree of social trust among its residents, and Vermont has two strong local media organizations — VTDigger and Seven Days — that keep residents informed and that both took an intriguing step early in the pandemic, McKibben notes: They shut down their comments sections, to prevent misinformation from spreading.

EDIT: There are some resonable Republicans left in the country (at least here in New England).
    Their are a few but it’s hard to find them.

We set a new record going back to July for new daily cases. Why won’t this country take this **** seriously?

it's not fully as simple as that.......the pandora's box has been opened and containing a released virus is like cat herding X a million

not that taking it more seriously isn't called for, just saying it will STILL take some time even if we did