Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 348 of 563 FirstFirst ... 248298338346347348349350358398448 ... LastLast
Results 5,206 to 5,220 of 8437
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    He legitimately believes that the number of deaths would have been exactly the same with or without the lockdown. That if we had not had a lockdown, we'd still be at exactly 214,000 dead.
    Does he really though or is he just being a cheerleader?

This was some good stuff to see. Bringing receipts and calling out all the fools who are actively undermining our response to COVID...and yes that includes Trump.

Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    The US economy has been moving away from personal contact for quite some time. Online shopping was growing by leaps and bounds. As were delivery systems. Colleges and universities were already experimenting extensively with online classes. Robots have been replacing workers and it is clear that they will continue to do so. Financial workers supplanted manufacturing workers, and they can do virtually all of their work from home. Television has dominated professional sports for some time.

The pandemic has simply accelerated what was already in the offing. The exception to this general shift towards distancing was leisure time-gathering places (restaurants/bars/theaters/churches/stadiums) and their support systems (hotels/airlines/cruises). Those, because of the pandemic, are probably dead (though not drive-in donuts/fast food/movies and the travel channel).

The economy was already changing, and there were red flags ahead anyway. It just got pushed faster. That said, the economic consequences of the covid-19 pandemic are merely a taste of whatís to come when the real feces hits the fan.
    Happy doomsday everyone.

Your bubble is very depressing and not representative of reality.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Happy doomsday everyone.

Your bubble is very depressing and not representative of reality.
    So says the virtual entity who is currently interacting online.

Oh, and Amazon is not doing well? Or FedEx and UPS? Robots are not emerging as the future of workers in manufacturing (such as it is)? Zoom isnít booming? Microsoft and Apple arenít two of the biggest corporations in America?

What of course you fail to note is that I never said the economy is doomed. I said it is rapidly changing (accelerated by the pandemic).

Are there opportunities to be had? For sure.

But we are never going back to ďnormalĒ, much less to the dreamworld of MAGA.

And, yes, climate change will present another enormous challenge (hence, my red flags).

What we're at the beginning of now is similar to where we were 20 years ago re businesses/jobs/careers.
    Just like that was the beginning of change due to businesses changing over to being expressly computerized, now we're likely to see both a wave of job descriptions changing to accommodate more people working from home (and debate about associated wage structures), but also the creation of job classifications never before needed (i.e. contact tracers).

Since my move earlier this year, I've been contemplating finding a lot on a nearby lake to buy...either to retire on or just invest in until I flip it when I retire. Recently I took a drive to a development and in the course of conversation found out that 6 of the last 8 lots they'd sold...they'd sold to people moving from Minneapolis (4 hrs away), all with plans to move there and telework, not just have a summer place on a lake.

My business relies heavily on construction as the bulk of our product is installed in new construction. We're already seeing projects put on hold for redesign or even completely canceled because of changes Covid has created. The amount of office space needed is different....less, or redesigned to allow for safer spaces. Even new retail is being redesigned to adapt to more contactless shopping, etc.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Economists value a human life at about $10,000,000. So if we count all the 210,000 dead, I believe thatís $2,100,000,000. There is the simple answer to anyone who ever squawks about how Republicans are pro-life.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Economists value a human life at about $10,000,000. So if we count all the 210,000 dead, I believe thatís $2,100,000,000. There is the simple answer to anyone who ever squawks about how Republicans are pro-life.
    It's 2.1 trillion, not 2.1 billion, but who's counting
    But the rest of your comment is saying what exactly?

210,000 dead is horrible, obviously. However, we also know a percentage of those would have died no matter how good our response would have been. We also know another percentage would have died no matter how good Republicans themselves responded. Trump's response has been horrible, we know. But how many deaths are you thinking you're justified dropping on pro-life Republicans?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Kamala Harris wants a plexiglass divider between herself and Mike Pence. Obviously Trump and his campaign are making jokes about it. But Penceís own committee recommends physical barriers where possible. There is one candidate running a campaign on trusting the experts...and then there is the Republicans.

Timelines:

NY Shutdown:
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/News/timel...ry?id=71292880

Trumps "15 Days to Slow the Spread"
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/articles/...s-slow-spread/

You can see the dates.

Yes, NYC was hit hard but not every city looks like NYC. To suggest that everyone should shut down like NYC is ridiculous. It was obviously unnecessary based on the fact that NYC is still the hardest hit place, even with relatively new outbreaks. No one has even come close to hitting the numbers that NYC did.

BTW pay close attention March 25th. (Hint: this is when the order placed on nursing homes to accept covid+ patients was placed)

On March 20th, Cuomo ordered the state to be shut down (4 days after Trumps 15 Days to Slow the Spread Order), April 17th, NY reaches its highest daily death count.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/new-york/

https://covidtracking.com/data/longtermcare
    Last edited by The20thK; 10-06-2020 at 06:20 AM.
    "But yeah...this is the BLM era and the Dems are running a mass incarceration ticket." ManRam

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post

Trumps "15 Days to Slow the Spread"
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/articles/...s-slow-spread/

You can see the dates.

]
    [emoji23][emoji23] look at their 6 point plan on march 16. TWO MONTHS after the virus popped up, this was the **** they came up with.

Looks like a godam 6th grader came up.with the ****. What a joke. Just read it, it's a joke.

By that time in March I was thinking to myself uh, no travel restrictions, no crowd restrictions, no mask restrictions??? No temperature screening?? All based on the fact that 10 years ago I took ONE throwaway medical course called epidemiology, yet our active government came up with that ****in 6 pt plan [emoji23][emoji23]

Even right now, in october, we have no travel restrictions within the US. Absolutely mindless. Just think about it, all the countries in the world have travel restrictions on other nations during these times based on spikes in those other nations because DUH. Now think how big America is, doesnt it make sense, like no ****in duh sense to have travel restrictions within the country??

A man 1500 hundred years ago in the desert told us this, yet today with microscope technology and genetic technology, these idiots cant figure this out?

I still cant get over the fact that NYC had an active outbreak yet their airports were fully functional and sending flights all over America. Even Pakistan wouldnt let some **** like that happen, how did that happen in America?

Makes no sense. False govt.

Give me back my taxes please?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nastynice; 10-06-2020 at 06:30 AM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    [emoji23][emoji23] look at their 6 point plan on march 16. TWO MONTHS after the virus popped up, this was the **** they came up with.

Looks like a godam 6th grader came up.with the ****. What a joke. Just read it, it's a joke.

By that time in March I was thinking to myself uh, no travel restrictions, no crowd restrictions, no mask restrictions??? No temperature screening?? All based on the fact that 10 years ago I took ONE throwaway medical course called epidemiology, yet our active government came up with that ****in 6 pt plan [emoji23][emoji23]

Even right now, in october, we have no travel restrictions within the US. Absolutely mindless. Just think about it, all the countries in the world have travel restrictions on other nations during these times based on spikes in those other nations because DUH. Now think how big America is, doesnt it make sense, like no ****in duh sense to have travel restrictions within the country??

A man 1500 hundred years ago in the desert told us this, yet today with microscope technology and genetic technology, these idiots cant figure this out?

I still cant get over the fact that NYC had an active outbreak yet their airports were fully functional and sending flights all over America. Even Pakistan wouldnt let some **** like that happen, how did that happen in America?

Makes no sense. False govt.

Give me back my taxes please?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Not one state had plan in place before Trumps plan. Just because you don't like what he did (gave governors the autonomy to govern their own states) doesn't mean it wasn't the right thing to do. Some did well (Iga)... some did horrible (Cuomo).

You can't ban,e Trump for not wanting to control the states actions... heck man, he was ridiculed and called a Xenophon for lockdowns on China flights and then again with Euro flights.
    "But yeah...this is the BLM era and the Dems are running a mass incarceration ticket." ManRam

According that site I posted, 41% of all Covid deaths were patients in LTC's. It is actually more because NY refuses to report the same way as most, if not all, the states. They only count LTC deaths if the patient actually died in the LTC. If they transported to the hospital and died there, they don't count it as a LTC death.

So lets say 45% of all deaths were in LTC's. Thats almost 100,000 deaths. Which is horrible and they never had to die. But to use those numbers to justify the % of likelihood that you or I would get Covid and die is disingenuous at best and plain fear-mongering at worst.

When you remove the population that you and I can't possible be associated with, a population that was contained in an environment and exposed to the virus by mandating of some governors, you are left with less than 120000 death (some of which aren't verified). That is 1.5% of those who got Covid regardless of age. Take into account age and it is literally fractions of fractions for the avg US Citizen.

Yet you all want to continue to shut down the economy cause it takes away the one glaring and well known success that Trump had? Ridiculous.

Is it the size or the diversity of the White House that excuse it for having more cases and many counties now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    Not one state had plan in place before Trumps plan. Just because you don't like what he did (gave governors the autonomy to govern their own states) doesn't mean it wasn't the right thing to do. Some did well (Iga)... some did horrible (Cuomo).

You can't ban,e Trump for not wanting to control the states actions... heck man, he was ridiculed and called a Xenophon for lockdowns on China flights and then again with Euro flights.
    It was the wrong thing to and you can absolutely blame him

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    It was the wrong thing to and you can absolutely blame him

Well we don't live in Communist China so...

You know FULL WELL that if Trump had mandated a full scale lockdown, the media and the left would have tore him up. IF you would just be honest for ONE SECOND, you'd admit that the dude cannot ever do right in the yes of the media and the left.

What in the Sam Hill does Trump have to do to get the media to recognize even one good decision?