Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 342 of 370 FirstFirst ... 242292332340341342343344352 ... LastLast
Results 5,116 to 5,130 of 5547
  1. #5116
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    13,948
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I have more trouble understanding what people say when I can't see their mouths because my hearing is not very good and I realized that I read peoples lips to differentiate the sounds.
    sorry, that 'joke' doesn't work well in text....it's a thing I'm prone to do when someone tells me they didn't hear something

    but, as someone who values hearing possibly more than sight, I can tell you there are just far too many new developments regarding hearing appliances to not do something about it....I fought my father for years on that and he simply wouldn't do it..........in my case, I still feel in my 60s I have above average hearing, but I also know some of it is learned listening skills...only in the last few months I've developed some tinitis and I don't like it
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  2. #5117
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Yes, and what is out there can be interpreted in many different ways. Disregarding per capita is essentially lying for instance.
    I have an idea. Consider per capita deaths over the past four months (after we really learned how virulent this disease is and after we found ways to mitigate its virulence) vis a vis other developed countries. We fubarred it.

  3. #5118
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,362
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    sorry, that 'joke' doesn't work well in text....it's a thing I'm prone to do when someone tells me they didn't hear something

    but, as someone who values hearing possibly more than sight, I can tell you there are just far too many new developments regarding hearing appliances to not do something about it....I fought my father for years on that and he simply wouldn't do it..........in my case, I still feel in my 60s I have above average hearing, but I also know some of it is learned listening skills...only in the last few months I've developed some tinitis and I don't like it
    I worked security front of stage for rock shows for a while. Ear plugs don't stop enough sound. I found out later in life that riding a motorcycle you need to seal the helmet because the wind noise is destructive to your hearing over time.

  4. #5119
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    94,041
    Somehow amazing but not surprising...

    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/30/u...?smid=tw-share
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  5. #5120
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,362
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Somehow amazing but not surprising...

    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/30/u...?smid=tw-share
    Not really surprising since he has the biggest platform and can't keep his stupid mouth shut.

  6. #5121
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Not really surprising since he...can't keep his stupid mouth shut.
    So tired of this defense. He knows exactly what he is doing and why.

    The majority of his base (almost 60 million Americans) already believe the upcoming election is rigged against him. Why? He has been relentless in pounding out all these lies and misinformation.

    And consider where that will leave us after Nov. 3.

    This is not stupidity; this is strategy.

  7. #5122
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    34,215
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I worked security front of stage for rock shows for a while.
    Dang Scoots, you was beating people up..?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  8. #5123
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    So tired of this defense. He knows exactly what he is doing and why.

    The majority of his base (almost 60 million Americans) already believe the upcoming election is rigged against him. Why? He has been relentless in pounding out all these lies and misinformation.

    And consider where that will leave us after Nov. 3.

    This is not stupidity; this is strategy.
    I didn't say he was stupid, but he can't keep his stupid mouth shut. He gets himself in trouble just so people say his name.

  9. #5124
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,362
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Dang Scoots, you was beating people up..?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Nah, mostly protecting people from getting beat up or explaining where they need to go and when.

  10. #5125
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I didn't say he was stupid, but he can't keep his stupid mouth shut. He gets himself in trouble just so people say his name.
    OK. But, more important, you said he canít keep his [stupid] mouth shut, implying that he acts on impulse.

    And I am saying no ó that it is by design, all part of a larger strategy. He chooses not to keep his mouth shut for the very reason you mention: so that he will remain in the public eye. Thatís the strategy.

    Itís not that he canít help himself - that is the defense I believe is dead wrong.

  11. #5126
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    OK. But, more important, you said he canít keep his [stupid] mouth shut, implying that he acts on impulse.

    And I am saying no ó that it is by design, all part of a larger strategy. He chooses not to keep his mouth shut for the very reason you mention: so that he will remain in the public eye. Thatís the strategy.

    Itís not that he canít help himself - that is the defense I believe is dead wrong.
    Yeah, I know it's not all spontaneous, but I think a lot of the stupid stuff is unplanned.

  12. #5127
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    34,215
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Yeah, I know it's not all spontaneous, but I think a lot of the stupid stuff is unplanned.
    That's the plan tho, lol.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  13. #5128
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    94,041
    Hope Hicks appears to have COVID, which means itís a good chance Trump gets it. I hope not but she is like the 6th Trump kid.

  14. #5129
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    103,400

  15. #5130
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    52,251
    .
    Last edited by spliff(TONE); 10-02-2020 at 01:59 AM.

    PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •