Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 332 of 475 FirstFirst ... 232282322330331332333334342382432 ... LastLast
Results 4,966 to 4,980 of 7122
  1. #4966
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    19,505
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    This first paragraph seems like you are making an assumption. By reality I mean things that actually happened like posts on a forum about a specific topic (Kavanaugh). Is that not reality? What is ignorant and arrogant about knowing what I have posted before? Why did you assume I meant random other stuff?

    I am talking about you specifically taking this approach in another thread and apparently here again making assumptions about another poster without even understanding what they are talking about.
    Youíre welcome to show me an example of when I did this and Iíll address it.

  2. #4967
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    19,505
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I think everyone agrees there are bad doctors out there (I know of several military ones I wouldn't want operating on me). But it just seems odd to randomly make that post in this thread without a point.
    It wasnít random. Someone (canít recall who and too difficult to go back and look on my phone) said we should listen to health experts. I said itís a term used entirely too loosely these days and then made the comment that there are plenty of doctors who are total boobs.

  3. #4968
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    19,505
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    *oh yeah....also claiming that my entire existence revolves around Trump half a dozen times per day or so too

  4. #4969
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    36,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    It wasnít random. Someone (canít recall who and too difficult to go back and look on my phone) said we should listen to health experts. I said itís a term used entirely too loosely these days and then made the comment that there are plenty of doctors who are total boobs.
    Ah. I see. I think the difference is the word experts vs. expert. As more people in the medical community agree, the higher the likely hood it is accurate. Dr. Oz telling me to drink his secret weight loss formula isn't going to compel me, but 95% of all scientists stating the way to lose weight is via diet and exercise will.

  5. #4970
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    19,505
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Ah. I see. I think the difference is the word experts vs. expert. As more people in the medical community agree, the higher the likely hood it is accurate. Dr. Oz telling me to drink his secret weight loss formula isn't going to compel me, but 95% of all scientists stating the way to lose weight is via diet and exercise will.
    Iím with ya on that.

  6. #4971
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,018

    COVID-19 Response: An issue that shouldn't be at all political....yet here we are

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Youíre welcome to show me an example of when I did this and Iíll address it.
    Well you just gave another with you calling a stance ignorant/arrogant based on your assumptions, Spliff mentioned another looking back at you doing some of this with him/Trump.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Kavanaugh rape hoax? lol I'm sure you thought that was all legitimate, didn't you?
    Here is your comment when it was asked for proof of Democrats doing what the Republicans did to Obama when he tried appointing a judge and after noting many instances like Crovash did. You pushed the idea you were "sure I thought ______ about it".

    So it would appear you often make assumptions about others no matter what they have actually said/thought/posted in the past but here is that specific example. When you do this on a regular basis in this manner is it possible people might start making assumptions about why you keep ignoring reality or making ridiculous assumptions about others despite the reality (whether it be my thoughts on Kav or that my stance of knowing my own thoughts/posts is somehow arrogant/ignorant)?
    Last edited by mngopher35; 09-23-2020 at 10:41 PM.

  7. #4972
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    19,505
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Well you just gave another with you calling a stance ignorant/arrogant based on your assumptions, Spliff mentioned another looking back at you doing some of this with him/Trump.
    My remarks about Spliff are of his own doing. I wouldn't have any reason to believe he's obsessed with Trump if he didn't follow me around the forum replying to my posts and making some comment about Trump in all of his replies.

    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Here is your comment when it was asked for proof of Democrats doing what the Republicans did to Obama when he tried appointing a judge and after noting many instances like Crovash did. You pushed the idea you were "sure I thought ______ about it".

    So it would appear you often make assumptions about others no matter what they have actually said/thought/posted in the past but here is that specific example. When you do this on a regular basis in this manner is it possible people might start making assumptions about why you keep ignoring reality or making ridiculous assumptions about others despite the reality (whether it be my thoughts on Kav or that my stance of knowing my own thoughts/posts is somehow arrogant/ignorant)?
    Your use of the word reality is what I took issue with before, and again here. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems you're using the word reality here to mean "truth". What you believe is "reality" isn't necessarily what's truthful or factual. It's just what you believe. It's an opinion. We all have them.

  8. #4973
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    54,050
    Lofl

  9. #4974
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    19,505
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Lofl
    It took me four hours to get back to him. It took you 2 minutes to post after I showed up. Obsessed much?

  10. #4975
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    54,050
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    It took me four hours to get back to him. It took you 2 minutes to post after I showed up. Obsessed much?
    So is it Trump or Jacko I'm obsessed with? Starting to feel like you're the one that's obsessed tbh.

    Good to see you keeping track of people's reply times though. Very pertinent info. I don't know where we'd be without you.

  11. #4976
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    19,505
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    So is it Trump or Jacko I'm obsessed with? Starting to feel like you're the one that's obsessed tbh.

    Good to see you keeping track of people's reply times though. Very pertinent info. I don't know where we'd be without you.
    There's a time stamp directly above every post, genius. lol

  12. #4977
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    54,050
    No ****, Sherlock.

  13. #4978
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    19,505
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    No ****, Sherlock.
    I gave you far too much credit before.

  14. #4979
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    My remarks about Spliff are of his own doing. I wouldn't have any reason to believe he's obsessed with Trump if he didn't follow me around the forum replying to my posts and making some comment about Trump in all of his replies.



    Your use of the word reality is what I took issue with before, and again here. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems you're using the word reality here to mean "truth". What you believe is "reality" isn't necessarily what's truthful or factual. It's just what you believe. It's an opinion. We all have them.
    I am referring to things that have actually happened not some made up bs. Reality. I have actually posted and have ideas different than your assumptions. It isnít only opinion what I have posted before it can be quoted and proven. It actually happened lol.

    The same reasoning you give for your assumptions on spliff apply far better towards yourself given the clear hypocrisy and stances you have taken which often seem partisan based. Maybe thatís your issue with him too? You make ridiculous assumptions then canít actually respond when people point out what actually happened (in real life not what your partisan brain makes up).


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #4980
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    It wasnít random. Someone (canít recall who and too difficult to go back and look on my phone) said we should listen to health experts. I said itís a term used entirely too loosely these days and then made the comment that there are plenty of doctors who are total boobs.
    I am sure I am one of those who said listen to the health experts.

    I looked at the other options (priests, auto mechanics, prison guard, Walmart greeters, the president) and I figured health experts were the best bet as a group for assessing health issues.

    Do I trust only one expert? No. But when I assess them as a group regarding their recommendations, I am confident enough in my ability to discriminate to say that they are giving me better advice than, say, Mike (ďpray away the gayĒ) Pence.

    As for the term being used too loosely ó a dumb generalization that conveys no meaning.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •