Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 324 of 430 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324325326334374424 ... LastLast
Results 4,846 to 4,860 of 6449
  1. #4846
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    95,009
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    nasty, you know we will never know the true death toll from corona and from the CCPs response to it, but we know it is far FAR higher than reported.

    Don't bother responding because your response will just be based on your owners wishes anyhow.
    I actually donít believe China had a very high death toll. But itís not because I believe they handled the disease well. Itís because I believe once they found out about the infection, I believe they probably executed a very effective quarantine procedure including killing or forcibly isolating people. There were already reports of them welding doors shut on people suspected of being infected. I have no doubt they would kill someone for being infected to keep others safe.

  2. #4847
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,815
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I actually donít believe China had a very high death toll. But itís not because I believe they handled the disease well. Itís because I believe once they found out about the infection, I believe they probably executed a very effective quarantine procedure including killing or forcibly isolating people. There were already reports of them welding doors shut on people suspected of being infected. I have no doubt they would kill someone for being infected to keep others safe.
    Most educated estimates have their death toll numbers being less than 10% of actual at least. There is also the death toll based on their actions in "protecting" their people that results in them dying from other causes ... but the cause is really corona since it's the reaction to corona that caused it. There is also an assumption in the numbers released that they are only for Wuhan and the assumption that the virus never got to other parts of China and there is evidence that's not true, but no real data for the other areas, but the numbers are certainly higher than 0.

    Of course the worldwide suicide rate spike should be part of the corona death toll too.
    Last edited by Scoots; 09-20-2020 at 11:57 AM.

  3. #4848
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53,859
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    ********. you know this, and if you don't you're a troll who doesn't pay attention.
    Nope. 100% true. Enough with the faux outrage.

  4. #4849
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35,140
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    no doubt Trump has been stupid, but to say he has been a "piece of **** on a personal level" no matter what he has done or said, is simply not true.
    Well, he did purposefully hold a position, based on lies, that lead to tens of thousands of extra americans dying.

    So I dont know, any other human on earth would be universally seen as a piece of **** on a personal level. I'm not sure what's so different about trump that gives him immunity to this reality, i guess you know better than me.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  5. #4850
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Most educated estimates have their death toll numbers being less than 10% of actual at least. There is also the death toll based on their actions in "protecting" their people that results in them dying from other causes ... but the cause is really corona since it's the reaction to corona that caused it. There is also an assumption in the numbers released that they are only for Wuhan and the assumption that the virus never got to other parts of China and there is evidence that's not true, but no real data for the other areas, but the numbers are certainly higher than 0.

    Of course the worldwide suicide rate spike should be part of the corona death toll too.
    Do you have anything backing up the 10% claim?

    Also, they didnt report zero for the rest of the country. They did report very low numbers on par with other asian countries in the area which knew how to respond to a pandemic. But if you see chinas response, it would certainly make sense.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  6. #4851
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    38,229

  7. #4852
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    14,906
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Well, he did purposefully hold a position, based on lies, that lead to tens of thousands of extra americans dying.
    yes, but they didn't panic before they died, and that's important
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  8. #4853
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    14,906
    We can talk about numbers all we want.......200,000 people in this country are still dead.

    "Incentivizing" hospitals to tag a death as Covid has to be yet another of the dumber ideas. Anyone heard how much? I'd heard over 10k. However, especially early on, there were deaths that probably SHOULD have been tagged Covid that were not...different stigma at the time.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  9. #4854
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    15,317
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    We can talk about numbers all we want.......200,000 people in this country are still dead.

    "Incentivizing" hospitals to tag a death as Covid has to be yet another of the dumber ideas. Anyone heard how much? I'd heard over 10k. However, especially early on, there were deaths that probably SHOULD have been tagged Covid that were not...different stigma at the time.
    I was told by a hospital administrator here that it is $30k. Just a terrible idea any way you look at it.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

  10. #4855
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    11,413
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    I was told by a hospital administrator here that it is $30k. Just a terrible idea any way you look at it.
    Juicy

  11. #4856
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    95,009
    Tony Tenpenny, a Nashville native and former councilman has died due to COVID. My condolences to his family, however my reason for mentioning some no-name local politician is that he spent his time during the pandemic downplaying the risk of COVID. Much like Herman Cain before him, he was so loyal to Trump and the GOP that he lost his own life for not taking COVID seriously.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  12. #4857
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    14,906
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    I was told by a hospital administrator here that it is $30k. Just a terrible idea any way you look at it.
    I had a cousin pass away a week ago in her home. She'd had MS for 20 years and had been slowly getting less mobile, etc. Her death was still a bit unexpected quite this soon, and sad enough given she was 41. They don't give more than generic numbers when they talk Covid...here at least they just say there were X deaths, the deaths were in these counties and those age ranges. Our numbers are small enough I can often extrapolate which age person died in which county....and mine had only had one death prior. I can't be sure, but there was a 2nd death in my county and while I'm not sure, it sure seemed they were saying the person was in the 40-49 range.....and I'm hoping her death isn't the one they tagged.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  13. #4858
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    15,221
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    I was told by a hospital administrator here that it is $30k. Just a terrible idea any way you look at it.
    I was told by a guy in a dark alley that I could trade my cow for some magic beans.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  14. #4859
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    15,317
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    I was told by a guy in a dark alley that I could trade my cow for some magic beans.
    You should fact check that guy in the dark alley. Surprised you didn't just ask him to have sex with another guy so you could watch, and call it good. Seems to be your thing these days.

    Anyway: https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/ho...9-death-count/
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

  15. #4860
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    14,906
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    I was told by a guy in a dark alley that I could trade my cow for some magic beans.
    DON'T DO IT!!

    Hadn't looked before and didn't a lot now, but I'm reading where the $13k for a death $39k if they used a ventilator thing someone told me is actually trumped up (maybe Trumped up) misinformation. Hospitals DO, however, apparently get a 20% add-on for Medicare patients with Covid per the CARES Act.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •