Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 307 of 370 FirstFirst ... 207257297305306307308309317357 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,605 of 5540
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    There is no clean answer. Its constantly toeing a line. The fact is some industries are going to have to be sacrificed because there isn't a way to balance normal consumer behavior with safety. Restaurants, bars, etc are going to be casualties. Retail was already trending that way before the pandemic. This isn't the flu despite the assertion that most people recover from it. You're still seeing an average of a 1000 people dying a day from this virus (in the US) and a sizable % feeling after effects of this virus months after they test negative for it. Things like myocarditis, constant fatigue, etc.

Until there is a vaccine, there needs to be more involvement from the US government in the economic sector. Soon, states are going to run out of money to provide unemployment benefits. What happens then?
    We need guaranteed public healthcare and a universal basic income.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Why is it okay for Trump to say not to panic about the virus but not Biden?
    what is it that people wanted?

Trump to say how awful Covid19 was going to be? okay, then say the same thing for anyone else who also downplayed coronavirus. they also were not saying how bad Covid19 was, where is their blame?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    If there's a hurricane coming, should he not tell the public so as to not create a panic? What about an impending attack?
    did Trump deny Covid19? no.

in your example, do you want the President to say a hurricane is coming and many people are going to die.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Comparing the 2 responses is laughable

Trump was privy to information that no one else was. Thats why people are mad.

Exactly. Not wanting to panic everyone and simply ignoring the problem are not the same thing

Dude failed like everything else in his life
    how did Trump ignore it when he created the coronavirus task force in January?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    I figured special would try to blame Democrats for Trump sewing confusion amongst the population.
    would you rather ignore what they said?

who did they have influence on?

anyone should know those that didn't like or trust Trump (half the country?), would why they have thought anything differently even if Trump had said more. they would have only been influenced from people they trust, which would certainly be Democrats and certain media.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Like I said, I appreciate the approach. It’s just not responsible leadership.

This would be like Bush coming out when the first WTC tower was hit and saying “we have it under control and these things rarely happen so nothing to worry about” and then the second tower and pentagon get hit.

It’s irresponsible because it creates confusion and conflict with disease experts recommendations, and risks complacency for people who may be hit hard by the virus.

ideally Trump should have given more information. I think people have to ask why he didn't.

this from Woodward was back on February 7th. what else was big news at the time? impeachment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeac...f_Donald_Trump
    The articles were submitted to the Senate on January 16, 2020, initiating the trial. The trial saw no witnesses or documents being subpoenaed, as Republican senators rejected attempts to introduce subpoenas on January 21 while arranging for trial procedures, and then on January 31 after a debate. On February 5, Trump was acquitted on both counts by the Senate as neither count received 67 votes to convict.
    if Trump had pushed how awful Covid19 was going to be, I'm sure the other side would have said he was just trying to deflect from impeachment.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    First you defend trump and then you say Democrats deserve blame. Which is it? Either both or neither. Anything else is partisan BS.

I agree with the bold, so what are we doing.

blame Trump, I said he should have said more..

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post

Trump could have and should have given more information about how bad covid19 was, but I can understand his approach.
    I don't think it was as bad as some want to push that this is the worst thing ever. it's not like Trump completely ignored it, we know things.steps that he did.

but if Trump is going to be blamed, then everyone should do the same thing with Democrats/media, that would certainly have much more influence on half of America.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Sure, you've explained that Trump didn't want to cause a panic,

but can you explain why Trump repeatedly compared Covid to the Flu after that conversation despite knowing it was deadlier? Why did he say it was like the flu if he knew it was not? Would you say he was lying?
    if he was intentionally deceiving people, yes. but the question is why.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trump to say how awful Covid19 was going to be? okay, then say the same thing for anyone else who also downplayed coronavirus. they also were not saying how bad Covid19 was, where is their blame?
    But they were. People with a clue have known that it’s been worse than the flu since at least March. Trump called it a Democrat hoax. He ignored warnings from experts. He owns this.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

I agree with the bold, so what are we doing.

blame Trump, I said he should have said more..

I don't think it was as bad as some want to push that this is the worst thing ever. it's not like Trump completely ignored it, we know things.steps that he did.

but if Trump is going to be blamed, then everyone should do the same thing with Democrats/media, that would certainly have much more influence on half of America.
    Let’s blame them all and collectively vote for a third party....not that you can vote here.

dude, he's on tape saying EXACTLY that he was intentionally deceiving people...then claimed it was for our own good, that was his supposed 'why'
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

The ****ing truth. Not that it matters to you; this is all just free entertainment for you to consume in your bedroom in Canada.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Not that it matters to you; this is all just free entertainment for you to consume in your bedroom in Canada.
    Just the image of which puts me off my food for day.

Fauci 'Depressed' U.S. Can't Get New Coronavirus Cases Down: 'We're Still in the First Surge'

https://www.newsweek.com/fauci-depre...t-wave-1531223

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

So now his lying is OK because it was to keep the country upbeat?

Let me ask you this: Do you think it would have been possible for Trump to keep the country from panicking without comparing Covid to the Flu (especially after he knew it wasn't)?