Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 1295 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240801305301030 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Not in your 50s
    I know, retirement is 65(?) or has it gone up?

Point is, by the time I’m of the age for retirement, social security won’t even exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Yeah I agree, and to be fair it was a rough deal to put together by any body trying to move at the pace that they were. I've been fortunate that I've been allowed to do business throughout this whole deal. We've(landscapers) actually gotten a little bump because people are spending so much more time confined to their property.
    One problem I always have with all this crap…any government program…nothing ever seems to happen to the cheaters. Never seems to be much of a penalty.

Universities with endowment funds getting money…Oh OK, they'll send it back. Very magnanimous of them.

Because they got caught…if they weren't caught and an issue made of ut, they all would have kept the money. Same with the restaurant chains.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post

Point is, by the time I’m of the age for retirement, social security won’t even exist.

Something will be there.

One problem I always have with all this crap…any government program…nothing ever seems to happen to the cheaters. Never seems to be much of a penalty.

Universities with endowment funds getting money…Oh OK, they'll send it back. Very magnanimous of them.

Because they got caught…if they weren't caught and an issue made of ut, they all would have kept the money. Same with the restaurant chains.
    Money and in turn plenty of cheaters always has a seat at the table, they protect themselves.

Try to get a job when you are in the 50s
    You want him to go back in time?

Nowhere is transparency more important than right now (as Neil Barofsky repeated over and over in an interview recently). But it is damned hard to find out how this money is being disbursed (why do I think those in power are okay with that — after all, they fired 2 of the special inspectors).

The billionaire universities got money. Why? Private millionaire islands in Florida got money. Why? National chains receive money. Why? It makes no difference to me that they sent it back (which they probably all only did after receiving bad publicity).

If they applied for it, then they suck. If their buddies in Treasury funneled it to them, they suck (of course, Treasury is run by a crook, so who would be surprised).

The whole thing is a sham.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post

To get full SSI benefits, 66 years of age. 67 the following year. The age requirement was pushed upward by a republican bill. Said thank you republicans, class.

They have taken away most of the policies created by Theo&Franklin Roosevelt to protect the American workers and their well being, so it is fair to say they will take that away from you if y'all allow it to happen. Which you probably will for what I am sure will be a good rationalization.
    Last edited by WES445; 04-27-2020 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    To get full SSI benefits, 66 years of age. 67 the following year. The age requirement was pushed upward by a republican bill. Said thank you republicans, class.
    Yeah, those repubs.

They're just trying to rob all the money from SS. They're going top take it all and buy lotsa wine and cigars and buy fancy waterfront property while all the poor starve.

ahh hahahahahahahahaahaha

Yeah, those repubs.

They're just trying to rob all the money from SS. They're going top take it all and buy lotsa wine and cigars and buy fancy waterfront property while all the poor starve.

ahh hahahahahahahahaahaha
    I guess it is funny to those it doesn't affect. I, myself have to wait another year to get my check which I need during this coronavirus pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I guess it is funny to those it doesn't affect. I, myself have to wait another year to get my check which I need during this coronavirus pandemic.
    If you are 62, you can still get a reduced payment. I think it is 75% of the full benefit.

Yes, you will bet more if you wait until you are 66 (actually 66 and 4 months)

You can get even more if you wait until you are 70 (or maybe 72 not sure as I didn't wait)

Most opt to take it at 66 and 4 mos.

I think the laws also changed regardingh earning $$$ while drawing social security. Not sure what they are.

If you are 62, you can still get a reduced payment. I think it is 75% of the full benefit.

Yes, you will bet more if you wait until you are 66 (actually 66 and 4 months)

You can get even more if you wait until you are 70 (or maybe 72 not sure as I didn't wait)

Most opt to take it at 66 and 4 mos.

I think the laws also changed regardingh earning $$$ while drawing social security. Not sure what they are.
    I know you can only earn a certain amount. My dad drives school bus, and I know they have to start watching his hours every spring.

Top E.R. Doctor Who Treated Virus Patients Dies by Suicide

A top emergency room doctor at a Manhattan hospital that treated coronavirus patients died by suicide on Sunday, according to her father.

Dr. Lorna M. Breen, the medical director of the emergency department at NewYork-Presbyterian Allen Hospital, died in Charlottesville, Va., where she was staying with family, her father said in an interview.

Tyler Hawn, a spokesman for the Charlottesville Police Department, said in an email that officers on Sunday responded to a call seeking medical assistance.

“The victim was taken to U.V.A. Hospital for treatment, but later succumbed to self-inflicted injuries,” Mr. Hawn said.

Dr. Breen’s father, Dr. Philip C. Breen, said she had described devastating scenes of the toll the coronavirus took on patients.

“She tried to do her job, and it killed her,” he said.

The elder Dr. Breen said his daughter had contracted the coronavirus but had gone back to work after recuperating for about a week and a half. The hospital sent her home again, before her family intervened to bring her to Charlottesville, he said.

Dr. Breen, 49, did not have a history of mental illness, her father said. But he said that when he last spoke with her, she seemed detached, and he could tell something was wrong. She had described to him an onslaught of patients who were dying before they could even be taken out of ambulances.

“She was truly in the trenches of the front line,” he said.

He added: “Make sure she’s praised as a hero, because she was. She’s a casualty just as much as anyone else who has died.”

The hospital did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/27/n...?smid=tw-share

Ouch

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    I know you can only earn a certain amount. My dad drives school bus, and I know they have to start watching his hours every spring.
    I thought they loosened up on this somehow but I am not sure. Always seemed ridiculous to me.

School bus driver seems like a nice job for a retiree. Good way to pass the time.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Top E.R. Doctor Who Treated Virus Patients Dies by Suicide

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/27/n...?smid=tw-share
    Sadly, I’ve been predicting something like this to happen for a while. Mental health issues are going to skyrocket and people who have no history of mental illness could resort to self harm or suicide. Granted, I wasn’t expecting a doctor to be one of those people but considering how ****ed over and overworked these health care professionals are, it shouldn’t be too surprising.

Some of hospitals staffs are being fired because the hospital isn’t making enough money, which in turn means that the remaining staff have to take on a lot more patients, I can only imagine the mental toll that has on someone.

It’s so ****ed, NY has had what I believe is an all time high in calls to mental health hotlines. This is just an exaggeration and is by no means meant to represent a fact but for all of the people that are recovering from coronavirus, there’s likely that many people who are resorting to self harm, suicide, robbing people, etc because of the culmination of stress.

I’ve had to pay extra attention to the mental health aspect for school assignments and man, it’s depressing.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé