Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 342 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    I don’t think that this split is entirely political. .
    I think its political. There are 2 sides to this issue, the virus and the economy. Each political side seems to prioritize differently. Both sides are right. It just depends how we want to move forward as a country.

Essentially what Brewers is saying is true. We need to figure out what protocol to set to allow us to start slowly opening back up. That's the smart way to go about it.

The big question is do we have leadership capable of figuring that protocol out. The answer is a resounding no.

So we're kinda stuck in the middle...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Another protest happened in North Carolina. A similar protest in Maryland is occurring tomorrow, and in Pennsylvania on Monday, where they are debating a bill from their house that would reopen non-essential businesses.

People have moved from support of the lockdown to needing to get back to work and wanting to avoid being ruined financially. I completely understand it.
    I got no issue with states being given power to re open, but I hope those states understand how to read a graph.

America didnt and New York paid the price. That should be the last out break in America.

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Please tell me where I said “**** it” and hope for the best.

There’s ways you can keep the economy open and take precaution against this. Keep the elderly people at home (especially the retired people)

Nursing homes only allow people in if they’ve been tested (15 min rapid testing) or temperatures taken. Allow a time period where they can go to the grocery store. Sometime in the morning.

Protect the most vulnerable while not destroying the economy.

Im not saying open up beaches or have concerts and packed stadiums. But there’s a reasonable approach you can take to protect the elderly and keep people working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, my mom is 62 and has had type 1 diabetes and is working from home solely due to the stay at home order. When that order is lifted she will be forced to expose herself, so have a good time ****ing yourself.

I have not but I can tell you shutting down areas that have like 5 cases the entire time in a wide area is beyond stupid. You can’t shut down entire states with little cases and widespread area with very little population. I’m not saying open everything up but I think there’s more reasonable steps that can be taken other than shutting down everything

Its it more widespread than previously thought or not? You are arguing in the other thread that 30% of people have it and are asymptomatic. Instead of hacking it up here, maybe follow a consistent train of thought.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Its it more widespread than previously thought or not? You are arguing in the other thread that 30% of people have it and are asymptomatic. Instead of hacking it up here, maybe follow a consistent train of thought.
    It’s more contagious but these people really haven’t had any symptoms. It means the mortality rate would be much lower than the projected 2-3% and would be probably under 1%. It would also mean more people could be immune to it for when the second wave hits.

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Exactly. There’s also huge financial impact when you just ignore the problem and allow for wide swaths of people to just die or get very ill.

Brewers this is nothing like the flu (especially from a death rate perspective). We’re two months in on this virus in the US and it would still be getting exponentially worse without the drastic measures.

That’s what the original models showed, if the lock down did not happen we would be talking about more than 100k deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I got no issue with states being given power to re open, but I hope those states understand how to read a graph.

America didnt and New York paid the price. That should be the last out break in America.

Some states that had no stay at home order now have a spike in cases.

I think its political. There are 2 sides to this issue, the virus and the economy. Each political side seems to prioritize differently. Both sides are right. It just depends how we want to move forward as a country.

Essentially what Brewers is saying is true. We need to figure out what protocol to set to allow us to start slowly opening back up. That's the smart way to go about it.

The big question is do we have leadership capable of figuring that protocol out. The answer is a resounding no.
    I disagree somewhat with the bolded. Our response to the virus is not what is the real root cause of our economic problems. The system is. The virus is simply highlighting the gaps in our economic system — which if we don’t address as a result of this event, we will face again.

For example, we have developed an increasingly service heavy economy that more and more relies on part-time or gig work, with relatively fewer empowering resources available to those workers, much less a heath care system that actually functions effectively.

I do not disagree with the notion that we should proceed, albeit cautiously, towards opening up. But I’d not like to ignore the things we can learn in our desire to do so.

This is just the beginning.

COVID-19 Response: An issue that shouldn't be at all political....yet here we are

Except that these experts said yesterday that there’s enough testing for states to go into phase one as soon as today...

Show me where? I know Dr Fucci said we “can” and he believes we “will” make ourselves ready to do this.

Last edited by ewing; 04-18-2020 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Please tell me where I said “**** it” and hope for the best.

There’s ways you can keep the economy open and take precaution against this. Keep the elderly people at home (especially the retired people)

Nursing homes only allow people in if they’ve been tested (15 min rapid testing) or temperatures taken. Allow a time period where they can go to the grocery store. Sometime in the morning.

Protect the most vulnerable while not destroying the economy.

Im not saying open up beaches or have concerts and packed stadiums. But there’s a reasonable approach you can take to protect the elderly and keep people working.

Of course there are ways to keep the economy open and take precaution. Doesn't mean that they are super effective. When a smart plan is laid out by the experts, I'm totally open to going along with it. Having said that, I'd also wait a few weeks beyond whatever the new guidelines are before really going out myself. Would rather not be a beta tester for something like this.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

As with most issues , each side is using this to exploit for political gain.

I think you have an administration who bungled response because they had no real government experience but I don’t honestly know how much better it could be. Still the troll in chief is more concerned with image than issue and is clearly trying to steer that.

Meanwhile the other side spend more time focusing on trumps missteps than any solutions that actually help real people.

And the media love the drama because we all get angry and that means more views for them.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Another protest happened in North Carolina. A similar protest in Maryland is occurring tomorrow, and in Pennsylvania on Monday, where they are debating a bill from their house that would reopen non-essential businesses.

People have moved from support of the lockdown to needing to get back to work and wanting to avoid being ruined financially. I completely understand it.
    They’re getting too much attention. Even most republicans polled are hesitant to reopen.

This is a fringe group of rabble rousers trying to spark something and likely backed by groups with financial interest in reopening.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Of course there are ways to keep the economy open and take precaution. Doesn't mean that they are super effective. When a smart plan is laid out by the experts, I'm totally open to going along with it. Having said that, I'd also wait a few weeks beyond whatever the new guidelines are before really going out myself. Would rather not be a beta tester for something like this.
    Exactly. This “oh we can, let’s start tomorrow” idea doesn’t sound the best

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.

Jesus christ... the biggest shock I have had teaching college students is how bad they are at looking at graphs... or any visual depiction of data.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    As with most issues , each side is using this to exploit for political gain.

I think you have an administration who bungled response because they had no real government experience but I don’t honestly know how much better it could be. Still the troll in chief is more concerned with image than issue and is clearly trying to steer that.

Meanwhile the other side spend more time focusing on trumps missteps than any solutions that actually help real people.

And the media love the drama because we all get angry and that means more views for them.

Not me... I can't watch this **** any more. But then again I didn't really watch it before. Essentially I have even stopped watching the newshour.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Page 3 of 342 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast