Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 291 of 630 FirstFirst ... 191241281289290291292293301341391 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 9447
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    The fact that people want to turn people starving due to a pandemic that is no one's fault into a political war, pretty much tells us all we need to know about people. And when I say people, I mean you.
    Giving rich people who don't need the tax cuts and spending to line their pockets is absolutely nothing to do with the pandemic.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Giving rich people who don't need the tax cuts and spending to line their pockets is absolutely nothing to do with the pandemic.
    Did you read the cartoon that you posted?

The fact that people want to turn people starving due to a pandemic that is no one's fault into a political war, pretty much tells us all we need to know about people. And when I say people, I mean you.
    Its chinas fault for letting this thing out to begin with.

Its Americas fault for failing to respond to it adequately.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Did you read the cartoon that you posted?
    Yes and did you notice it’s not really about people starving? You see the pie is a metaphor for share of the money and economy as referenced by the tin the pie sits in saying “economic pie”.

You are aware of how political cartoons work. Right?

Here’s another political cartoon that uses food as a metaphor for the underlying message:

You do get that they’re not really carving a ham that is painted to look like a globe. Right?

Yes and did you notice it’s not really about people starving? You see the pie is a metaphor for share of the money and economy as referenced by the tin the pie sits in saying “economic pie”.

You are aware of how political cartoons work. Right?

Here’s another political cartoon that uses food as a metaphor for the underlying message:

You do get that they’re not really carving a ham that is painted to look like a globe. Right?
    Yep. Get that. You posted that cartoon in the covid thread, and we all know what your intent was.

Maybe you should post your partisan thoughts on taxes in another thread. You know, the one about that.

Ah, the ol' globe painted ham...

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...ed4_story.html

Eight months into the pandemic, obesity has turned out to be one of the clearest predictors of a difficult battle against covid-19, for reasons that may vary from person to person. Some experts say they consider obesity to have contributed to the stunning coronavirus death and morbidity rate in the United States, which has one of the highest obesity rates in the world.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

I posted something about this a few weeks ago. Global studies show a number of underlying causes that effect who is hit worse. The two big ones so far are BMI like this story shows.

The death rate shoots up drastically for people with a BMI of 29 and up I believe. And the average, AVERAGE, BMI in the US is around 28 or 30 depending on the study.

Another big one is gut microbiome which we’re just starting to learn more about over the last year or so. The importance of fiber in keeping that status healthy, and something like 90%+ of Americans don’t get the daily minimum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I posted something about this a few weeks ago. Global studies show a number of underlying causes that effect who is hit worse. The two big ones so far are BMI like this story shows.

The death rate shoots up drastically for people with a BMI of 29 and up I believe. And the average, AVERAGE, BMI in the US is around 28 or 30 depending on the study.

Another big one is gut microbiome which we’re just starting to learn more about over the last year or so. The importance of fiber in keeping that status healthy, and something like 90%+ of Americans don’t get the daily minimum.

BAH! my guess is it's a linear effect. And they just happened to to cut it there. Also the older you get the more likely your BMI creeps up to the 25-30 level.

This is a pretty solid study, and they are showing that the value for just obese 30 (and keep in mind I was "obese" a year ago at 5'8" 205, you wouldn't know to look at me) was within the margin of error for the same as normal weight. Have to get to 40, before you really see a change... that for me would mean I would have had to gain 60 lbs. And again the relationship is likely linear, the numbers they throw around are cut points. The media often runs with this stuff losing the nuance in black and white health lines you don't want to cross.

https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-3742

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Hey that cartoon is exactly what all the rich people and big corporations are doing during covid times. They're gonna swoop in and buy all the cheap city real estate and watch all the mom and pops go out of business.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Seems pretty quiet lately on news networks about the virus. I assume cases are dropping off?

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Hey that cartoon is exactly what all the rich people and big corporations are doing during covid times. They're gonna swoop in and buy all the cheap city real estate and watch all the mom and pops go out of business.
    Hey now you’re getting the point of me posting the comic in the first place!

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Seems pretty quiet lately on news networks about the virus. I assume cases are dropping off?

I doubt it. We still got like 6 to 8 months for this to run through everybody.

U.S. deaths from the coronavirus will reach 410,000 by the end of the year, more than double the current death toll, and deaths could soar to 3,000 per day in December, the University of Washington’s health institute forecast on Friday.

Deaths could be reduced by 30% if more Americans wore face masks as epidemiologists have advised, but mask-wearing is declining, the university’s Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation said.

The U.S. death rate projected by the IHME model, which has been cited by the White House Coronavirus Task Force, would more than triple the current death rate of some 850 per day.

"We expect the daily death rate in the United States, because of seasonality and declining vigilance of the public, to reach nearly 3,000 a day in December,” the institute, which bills itself as an independent research center, said in an update of its periodic forecasts.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN25V2A7

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    We here this all the time. Give it six weeks and it will be so bad!

Seems like cases have leveled off