Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 273 of 422 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283323373 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,095 of 6317
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Because not everyone can get an ID and there is no proof that IDs make any kind of difference. You're still looking so solve imaginary problems.

Send it in the mail, have 6 weeks to drop it off. Easy, simple, safe.

Been doing it for 10 years, great stuff
    no proof, how much does it take to know that photo ID would be better. you want a secure election, go with photo ID.

there is no good excuse why everyone can't get photo ID. the government could decide to give it to people for free, give them months or even years in advance to get it.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    no proof, how much does it take to know that photo ID would be better. you want a secure election, go with photo ID.

there is no good excuse why everyone can't get photo ID. the government could decide to give it to people for free, give them months or even years in advance to get it.
    It's funny because your exact argument is the exact arguments the same people oppose when it comes to gun ownership.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    It's funny because your exact argument is the exact arguments the same people oppose when it comes to gun ownership.

I don't follow, what are you saying?

everyone should have photo ID to buy a gun? sounds good to me. there should be an extensive background check too.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Because not everyone can get an ID and there is no proof that IDs make any kind of difference. You're still looking so solve imaginary problems.

Send it in the mail, have 6 weeks to drop it off. Easy, simple, safe.

Been doing it for 10 years, great stuff
    umm....who's not able to get an ID?

not saying anything about the rest....far as I'm concerned there are secure ways to get voting done online, no mailing necessary, far quicker ballot counts...
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post

not saying anything about the rest....far as I'm concerned there are secure ways to get voting done online, no mailing necessary, far quicker ballot counts...
    Secure online voting should include some other changes too.

1. Vote any time, revise your vote as often as you like (until the deadline)
    2. Ranked Choice voting

I'm undecided if there should be live counts available.

You're adding steps for the sake of adding steps.

Voting by mail is the best option. Easy, simple, safe.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Lots of people. Minorities and people in urban centers in particular.

Just because its the norm in your neighborhood doesn't mean thats the case for everyone
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    CDC said that just 6% of all reported deaths only had covid on the death certificate. The rest all had other underlying medical conditions

https://nbc25news.com/news/local/cdc...cal-conditions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah this is the thing that most people donít want to be bothered with. Underlying health conditions.

High BMI is also linked to a huge risk of death for COVID and other viruses and diseases.

Important to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post

This is pretty stunning if true

Whatís key is whether they would have not died if not for COVID. Thereís a host of related COVID deaths. People who died of other diseases because they couldnít get immediate care because of overwhelmed hospitals.

Thereís the guy who got murdered by his neighbor who he filed complaints with police but they couldnít formalize it because that department was closed due to COVID.

Itís all so crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    In Texas the schools are offering laptops and daily food for remote learning. Not perfect by any means, but they are trying to close that gap.

Still the kids end up alone all day, probably don't learn as well, and the parents have to go and get the food. Also, not everyone has internet access.

Just comes down to that there is no real solution for everyone and that the wealthy are always better off regardless of the situation.
    Itís the same thing weíve been talking about for years and that Bernie campaigned on. Weíre so rich and yet donít have the systems in place to help our people. But the wealthy and corporations pay single digit rates.

All this talk about Swedenís approach with COVID; keeping things open, quarantining the vulnerable, etc. Yeah thatís great when you have citizens who donít have to choose between an ER visit or avoiding bankruptcy. Or when they have child care and support.

Hereís whatís really fascinating: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/29/h...s-testing.html

In one sampling of positive COVID tests, 90% didnít even carry enough of the virus to be contagious.

Thereís still so much to learn about this thing. Itíll be a year before we can make decent assertions off the data.

I don't follow, what are you saying?

everyone should have photo ID to buy a gun? sounds good to me. there should be an extensive background check too.
    People dont like extra paperwork hoops to jump through to get guns.

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Hereís whatís really fascinating: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/29/h...s-testing.html

In one sampling of positive COVID tests, 90% didnít even carry enough of the virus to be contagious.

Thereís still so much to learn about this thing. Itíll be a year before we can make decent assertions off the data.
    I've been saying all along that all the accusations and assertions of "this is right, this is wrong" were premature for that very reason. It's going to take a LONG time to actually gather the real data to tell what was right or best long term and what was not.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Itís the same thing weíve been talking about for years and that Bernie campaigned on. Weíre so rich and yet donít have the systems in place to help our people. But the wealthy and corporations pay single digit rates.

All this talk about Swedenís approach with COVID; keeping things open, quarantining the vulnerable, etc. Yeah thatís great when you have citizens who donít have to choose between an ER visit or avoiding bankruptcy. Or when they have child care and support.
    It would be great to have health care that is not ruinously expensive. Unfortunately with our legislature on the side of the health care industry it just keeps getting more expensive and worse service. The original Obamacare bill would have been great, but one month of debate and changes in suddenly the health care industry was all for it and our costs have essentially doubled since then.

We've been talking about the MIC for decades and yet it just continues to grow. We talk about justice reform and we continue to financially ruin or lock up our people in ever greater numbers year on year. We talk about improving our education and year on year it gets worse results in comparison internationally.

Cast ALL the bastards out and lets pick some new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    It would be great to have health care that is not ruinously expensive. Unfortunately with our legislature on the side of the health care industry it just keeps getting more expensive and worse service. The original Obamacare bill would have been great, but one month of debate and changes in suddenly the health care industry was all for it and our costs have essentially doubled since then.

We've been talking about the MIC for decades and yet it just continues to grow. We talk about justice reform and we continue to financially ruin or lock up our people in ever greater numbers year on year. We talk about improving our education and year on year it gets worse results in comparison internationally.

Cast ALL the bastards out and lets pick some new ones.
    Sadly, it is not going to happen.

that's been my issue for years.....instead of spending so much energy trying to make sure everybody has insurance, first figure out why health care costs so damn much in the first place....it shouldn't, if hands weren't being greased
    gotta love 'referential' treatment