Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 272 of 472 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274282322372 ... LastLast
Results 4,066 to 4,080 of 7078
  1. #4066
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mile High
    Posts
    17,682
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    simple technology available to anyone, identification with one's picture on it, and people are rejecting that. how can anyone reject something so easy, that we know damn well would better secure who is voting.
    Because not everyone can get an ID and there is no proof that IDs make any kind of difference. You're still looking so solve imaginary problems.

    Send it in the mail, have 6 weeks to drop it off. Easy, simple, safe.

    Been doing it for 10 years, great stuff
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

  2. #4067
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    50,612
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    photo ID would make it easier. the technology is easy. you match the name with the photo ID.

    the only issue is how people get that photo ID, and it should be made really simple to happen.
    No it wouldn’t. I’m not against it but it’s does make it harder. Right now I don’t need an ID. Saying I needed one makes it harder


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  3. #4068
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    50,743
    More and more districts in New Jersey are going to remote learning. Governor gave districts the option. Poorer city areas were first to move to remote not having resources to properly distance, etc.

    In the poor neighborhoods (mostly black and Hispanic) 270,000 kids do not have access to computers or the internet. Their parents work jobs that don’t have remote ability and they can’t afford childcare or the increase in home meals and medical that schools provide.



    Just another one of those reasons the system fails for poor people, mostly minority neighborhoods. These kids won’t have the same quality education or upbringing as affluent areas. It’s been that way for a long time. They won’t have the right qualifications for better jobs. The jobs will be limited.

    And the people standing in the way of improving support systems there are the “everyone has an opportunity to rise” and “why are all these crimes from black people” and “why do they riot?” Folks.

  4. #4069
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,830
    Not just the US it seems. Protests in Germany https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkl-I81lKR8

  5. #4070
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    50,612
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    More and more districts in New Jersey are going to remote learning. Governor gave districts the option. Poorer city areas were first to move to remote not having resources to properly distance, etc.

    In the poor neighborhoods (mostly black and Hispanic) 270,000 kids do not have access to computers or the internet. Their parents work jobs that don’t have remote ability and they can’t afford childcare or the increase in home meals and medical that schools provide.



    Just another one of those reasons the system fails for poor people, mostly minority neighborhoods. These kids won’t have the same quality education or upbringing as affluent areas. It’s been that way for a long time. They won’t have the right qualifications for better jobs. The jobs will be limited.

    And the people standing in the way of improving support systems there are the “everyone has an opportunity to rise” and “why are all these crimes from black people” and “why do they riot?” Folks.
    In New Jersey meals are still made and distributed. Either for pickup and sometimes delivery. Devices and internet access has also been provided for many student lacking these things. It’s not an even playing field and not close but i do think these things are worth pointing out


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  6. #4071
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,286
    CDC said that just 6% of all reported deaths only had covid on the death certificate. The rest all had other underlying medical conditions


    https://nbc25news.com/news/local/cdc...cal-conditions


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #4072
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,286


    This is pretty stunning if true


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #4073
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post


    This is pretty stunning if true


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, if I'm reading it right that is common. HIV hasn't directly killed anyone, but it puts your body in a state where it is susceptible to death from any mi or infection.

    So covid killing people is mostly likely associated with it weakening the body and making it susceptible to other infections.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  9. #4074
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    CDC said that just 6% of all reported deaths only had covid on the death certificate. The rest all had other underlying medical conditions


    https://nbc25news.com/news/local/cdc...cal-conditions


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you have an underlying medical condition it makes it more likely for covid to kill you (just as with the common flu). That's a correlation we would expect.

    Dont listen to fake news.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  10. #4075
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,830
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    More and more districts in New Jersey are going to remote learning. Governor gave districts the option. Poorer city areas were first to move to remote not having resources to properly distance, etc.

    In the poor neighborhoods (mostly black and Hispanic) 270,000 kids do not have access to computers or the internet. Their parents work jobs that don’t have remote ability and they can’t afford childcare or the increase in home meals and medical that schools provide.



    Just another one of those reasons the system fails for poor people, mostly minority neighborhoods. These kids won’t have the same quality education or upbringing as affluent areas. It’s been that way for a long time. They won’t have the right qualifications for better jobs. The jobs will be limited.

    And the people standing in the way of improving support systems there are the “everyone has an opportunity to rise” and “why are all these crimes from black people” and “why do they riot?” Folks.
    In Texas the schools are offering laptops and daily food for remote learning. Not perfect by any means, but they are trying to close that gap.

    Still the kids end up alone all day, probably don't learn as well, and the parents have to go and get the food. Also, not everyone has internet access.

    Just comes down to that there is no real solution for everyone and that the wealthy are always better off regardless of the situation.

  11. #4076
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,286
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    No, if I'm reading it right that is common. HIV hasn't directly killed anyone, but it puts your body in a state where it is susceptible to death from any mi or infection.

    So covid killing people is mostly likely associated with it weakening the body and making it susceptible to other infections.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I mean you could have a flu or cold and be 80 years old and could cause you to die. The truth is if you’re healthy or young you really don’t have a high risk of dying from this. We don’t know how much of an effect covid had on these people dying but why are we risking ruining our whole economy over it? The mortality rate now is .2 according to CDC. First estimates it was 3-4 back when this first started


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #4077
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    4,907
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    I mean you could have a flu or cold and be 80 years old and could cause you to die. The truth is if you’re healthy or young you really don’t have a high risk of dying from this. We don’t know how much of an effect covid had on these people dying but why are we risking ruining our whole economy over it? The mortality rate now is .2 according to CDC. First estimates it was 3-4 back when this first started


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We already knew that dude. Everyone already knew that. Why are you acting like that's some new revelation?
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

    -JFK


  13. #4078
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    I mean you could have a flu or cold and be 80 years old and could cause you to die. The truth is if you’re healthy or young you really don’t have a high risk of dying from this. We don’t know how much of an effect covid had on these people dying but why are we risking ruining our whole economy over it? The mortality rate now is .2 according to CDC. First estimates it was 3-4 back when this first started


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes we do know how much an effect by looking at the death toll. Almost 200k americans died and their families grieve. That's a HUGE effect.

    The economy doesnt have to be ruined if people where masks. If people wear masks, over 80% of the economy can stay open.

    Yes, the mortality rate was 4% but we KNEW that was high, and came down to 0.4% within a month or two. It's hard to get accurate stats right at the beginning.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  14. #4079
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,286
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Yes we do know how much an effect by looking at the death toll. Almost 200k americans died and their families grieve. That's a HUGE effect.

    The economy doesnt have to be ruined if people where masks. If people wear masks, over 80% of the economy can stay open.

    Yes, the mortality rate was 4% but we KNEW that was high, and came down to 0.4% within a month or two. It's hard to get accurate stats right at the beginning.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    We don’t know 200k people died from the virus. We know that 9,000 people died from the virus with zero other underlining issues. How much the virus affected the other people we don’t know!



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #4080
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    We don’t know 200k people died from the virus. We know that 9,000 people died from the virus with zero other underlining issues. How much the virus affected the other people we don’t know!



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes we do.

    We have years worth of data we can compare this year to and show MUCH higher mortality rates in areas of higher spread.

    These are cold numbers with no opinions.

    Statistics is a subject we have mastered in numerous ways. There are many ways to corroborate a death rate of roughly 170k.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •