Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 265 of 370 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275315365 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,975 of 5548
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    I'm shocked that you got the results so quickly. My boss had to get it done and he waited 14 days before he got his results.
    and that's a huge problem....that long basically renders the test useless because far too many things can happen during those 14 days.....how many potential exposures could happen after taking the test and then 2 weeks later you're told your test was negative

I thought of that just with myself and 1-2 days. I had to drive 20 miles to get my test because I live in a tiny town. When I got done with my test, since I was driving right past, I stopped at a store and picked up a few things. What if I was in contact with someone with the virus in that store? Now potentially I could have contracted the virus yet be told my test was negative.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    and that's a huge problem....that long basically renders the test useless because far too many things can happen during those 14 days.....how many potential exposures could happen after taking the test and then 2 weeks later you're told your test was negative

I thought of that just with myself and 1-2 days. I had to drive 20 miles to get my test because I live in a tiny town. When I got done with my test, since I was driving right past, I stopped at a store and picked up a few things. What if I was in contact with someone with the virus in that store? Now potentially I could have contracted the virus yet be told my test was negative.
    The test results are utterly useless if you wait 14 days to get them. Unless you were in a high risk situation taking the test and you self isolated. But even then, they are essentially useless. Quick test results are the only effective means we have to re-open the country properly short of a vaccine.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Apropos of the testing issue and reported today in both the New York Times and The Hartford Courant, the CDC ó under direct orders from the Trump Administration ó reversed its previous stance and now recommends that we NOT test individuals who have been exposed to the disease but who show no symptoms.

According to the Courant article, ďAross the country public health experts called the change bizarre.Ē

I donít know about other states, but Connecticut and New York have chosen to ignore the CDCís revised advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Apropos of the testing issue and reported today in both the New York Times and The Hartford Courant, the CDC ó under direct orders from the Trump Administration ó reversed its previous stance and now recommends that we NOT test individuals who have been exposed to the disease but who show no symptoms.

According to the Courant article, ďAross the country public health experts called the change bizarre.Ē

I donít know about other states, but Connecticut and New York have chosen to ignore the CDCís revised advice.
    In certain situations, it's required (and makes perfect sense) to be tested before being allowed into places. For example, a friend in NC had a touch of pneumonia...had to be tested before he could get the tests he needed. He did, was negative, but didn't improve. 4 days later he needed more tests...and had to be tested for COVID again before he could get them. Now, this was thru the VA, so I don't know if that effected things, but tested twice in 4 days only to find what he already knew (but couldn't otherwise get the medications for)...that he had a touch of pneumonia.

One (of many) thing I have NEVER understood thru all this is...how in the hell have we gone ALL these months, and we STILL don't have reliable tests that in no part of the country may take 2 weeks for results?! I'm told it was a max of 3 here in SD even during the worst, but in more populous areas we're 6 months in and still have these delays? Now finally there's saliva tests...but not apparently reliable enough yet to roll out to the masses.

In certain situations, it's required (and makes perfect sense) to be tested before being allowed into places. For example, a friend in NC had a touch of pneumonia...had to be tested before he could get the tests he needed. He did, was negative, but didn't improve. 4 days later he needed more tests...and had to be tested for COVID again before he could get them. Now, this was thru the VA, so I don't know if that effected things, but tested twice in 4 days only to find what he already knew (but couldn't otherwise get the medications for)...that he had a touch of pneumonia.

One (of many) thing I have NEVER understood thru all this is...how in the hell have we gone ALL these months, and we STILL don't have reliable tests that in no part of the country may take 2 weeks for results?! I'm told it was a max of 3 here in SD even during the worst, but in more populous areas we're 6 months in and still have these delays? Now finally there's saliva tests...but not apparently reliable enough yet to roll out to the masses.
    Yea the doctor my dad saw said the saliva test is not as reliable as the swap. I donít know how we still donít have access to a far more reliable test. I donít think that Joe Biden is the magic bullet and if he wins on January 20th at 12:01pm we get a better test. But itís stuff like what Crovash posted that irritates me. Trump wants to stop testing asymptotic people. I donít like that at all. Because that means people without symptoms will assume theyíre fine and spread the disease to people who will get symptoms and have no idea where they got it from.

If the why has to do with 'unclogging' labs monitoring those tests I can at least understand....but even that raises the question of why, at this point, are labs backed up....because that means we've not only not improved the testing, we haven't even improved the method of getting results.

My wife was informed she came into contact with someone who tested positive for covid last Friday so she went and got tested yesterday and received her results this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post

But we gotta worry about China controlling the WHO, right?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    My wife was informed she came into contact with someone who tested positive for covid last Friday so she went and got tested yesterday and received her results this morning.
    I've came in contact with hella people that had covid. At this point its gotta be like 15-20% of people have it. I'm sure majority of us are in contact with someone that has it almost every day.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

they didn't even tell me how I'd be informed......email?

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I've came in contact with hella people that had covid. At this point its gotta be like 15-20% of people have it. I'm sure majority of us are in contact with someone that has it almost every day.
    Well this was the only person who was confirmed to have had it. We are a little more cautious because my mother-in-law lives with us and she had cancer a year ago and is still on cancer meds, so she's high risk.

Well this was the only person who was confirmed to have had it. We are a little more cautious because my mother-in-law lives with us and she had cancer a year ago and is still on cancer meds, so she's high risk.
    Oh for sure, we SHOULD be MORE cautious now because it's so much more common now.

Before I wore masks on n off, depending where I'm going. Now I pretty much always got one on out the house, even if pulled down sometimes.

I'm getting hammered by lack of Clorox wipes. These damn things are impossible to find.

I guess I made that comment cuz I find it strange that at this point in time they would test people based on exposure. In january, Feb, march, yea that woulda made sense, but now when it's this widespread that's a strange threshold.

Oh snap.

Site wolf talkin **** now..lol

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Oh for sure, we SHOULD be MORE cautious now because it's so much more common now.

Before I wore masks on n off, depending where I'm going. Now I pretty much always got one on out the house, even if pulled down sometimes.

I'm getting hammered by lack of Clorox wipes. These damn things are impossible to find.

I guess I made that comment cuz I find it strange that at this point in time they would test people based on exposure. In january, Feb, march, yea that woulda made sense, but now when it's this widespread that's a strange threshold.

do you know why those wipes are so hard to find?
    they're made from the same material they use to make hospital masks...guess which gets priority

You're informed when you start developing symptoms