Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 236 of 384 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286336 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 5748
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Hmmm, you're right. Maybe we shouldn't have ruined the economy over such a small number.
    Well the number of people who have contracted Covid is higher, but I guess they don't count?

As for ruining the economy, it was going to suffer no matter what. Even your precious Sweden's economy suffered a historic drop in the 2nd Quarter of this year.

What's funny is when I called you out for not wanting to go into lockdown you claimed you never said that, you were just concerned about when we re-open.

Glad to see you've now come clean. I mean, I knew you were lying. But nice to see you confirming it.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    The reason you don't hear about the death rates for those countries is the rates have gone down dramatically:

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...country/spain/

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...country/italy/

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...untry/belgium/

Now look at how the US death's are going back up:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

They are doing better than us now, they did not do very good in the beginning. This is like, basic stuff...
    You're right, it's very basic stuff. Everywhere that got slammed early is doing much better now while regions that got hit late (the southern US, Mexico, Central America, etc) aren't regardless of any actions taken by government.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Well the number of people who have contracted Covid is higher, but I guess they don't count?

As for ruining the economy, it was going to suffer no matter what. Even your precious Sweden's economy suffered a historic drop in the 2nd Quarter of this year.

What's funny is when I called you out for not wanting to go into lockdown you claimed you never said that, you were just concerned about when we re-open.

Glad to see you've now come clean. I mean, I knew you were lying. But nice to see you confirming it.
    We didn't shut down the economy because people might get a cough. Although you might do something like that.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

You're right, it's very basic stuff. Everywhere that got slammed early is doing much better now while regions that got hit late (the southern US, Mexico, Central America, etc) aren't regardless of any actions taken by government.
    Well nobody followed the actions taken by government in those areas of the US. They advocated the Fingerbang do nothing approach and now they're the hotspots.

I love that Conservatives realize how terrible Trump's response to this has been that now you're new argument is nothing anybody does matters. You've gone full nihilist in your question to defend your boy. Pathetic.

We didn't shut down the economy because people might get a cough. Although you might do something like that.
    I mean, you thinking that the only effect of Covid is a little cough is consistent with your general ignorance on the subject.

Well nobody followed the actions taken by government in those areas of the US. They advocated the Fingerbang do nothing approach and now they're the hotspots.

I love that Conservatives realize how terrible Trump's response to this has been that now you're new argument is nothing anybody does matters. You've gone full nihilist in your question to defend your boy. Pathetic.
    New argument? I've said for months that we couldn't stop it, we didn't stop it, lol. Not in places where people wore masks either. We got hit hard in NY, the economy went to ****, and people are leaving. Never stopped Covid. Had 30k deaths in the city alone.

But you can cling to your boogeyman. There's probably some Kenny Powers looking guy in Carolina with a confederate flag boogie board and he's not wearing his mask at Denny's and that's why we have so many covid cases right now.

I mean, you thinking that the only effect of Covid is a little cough is consistent with your general ignorance on the subject.
    It's the effect other than death, lol. In most cases people didn't even know they had it.

New argument? I've said for months that we couldn't stop it, we didn't stop it, lol. Not in places where people wore masks either. We got hit hard in NY, the economy went to ****, and people are leaving. Never stopped Covid. Had 30k deaths in the city alone.

But you can cling to your boogeyman. There's probably some Kenny Powers looking guy in Carolina with a confederate flag boogie board and he's not wearing his mask at Denny's and that's why we have so many covid cases right now.
    By the time NY tried to stop it they were inundated. Seriously, your shining example is NY? The first epicenter before we even decided to go on lockdown?

Seriously, it's like you're purposefully trying to get less intelligent on the subject every time you post.

Itís fairly simple.

At the outset, when we did not know a great deal about the virus, it hit hard: Wuhan, Italy, Spain, UK, Detroit, greater NYC. From those unfortunate experiences, we learned a lot.

The European countries adjusted. As did the Northeast US.

For a variety of reasons, mostly political and economic, some of the rest of the US ignored those lessons.

Fool me once...

It's the effect other than death, lol. In most cases people didn't even know they had it.
    The only other effect? Seriously, if you keep posting you're going to get so dumb on the subject you'll forget what Covid is

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Itís fairly simple.

At the outset, when we did not know a great deal about the virus, it hit hard: Wuhan, Italy, Spain, UK, Detroit, greater NYC. From those unfortunate experiences, we learned a lot.

The European countries adjusted. As did the Northeast US.

For a variety of reasons, mostly political and economic, some of the rest of the US ignored those lessons.

Fool me once...
    Fun fact: Our lockdowns started before Germany's, about a day, and they're considered to have handled it the best.

"Europe adjusted blah, blah, blah"

Fun fact: Our lockdowns started before Germany's, about a day, and they're considered to have handled it the best.

And States started ignoring lock down and opening up before Germany...

I responded to this when you posted it yesterday. You must not have seen my post, but then why would you? You are in possession such a good (stupid) sound bite, why not use it over and over again?

Check out Germanyís preparedness.

And States started ignoring lock down and opening up before Germany...
    Oh yea, because here in NY we're still actively ****ing the economy and cases plateaued two months ago, lol.

Personally I think I'd issue some sort of travel ban on China.

Itís an infectious disease. We created an entire entity of experts on the topic.

But your first move as leader is to act on your own gut instead of conferring with experts in the topic.

Would you also have no cabinet? Recession hits and you make decisions without consulting your financial and economy experts. Go to war without consulting the pentagon?

I think the type of government youíd run are the types weíve fought against.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk