Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 216 of 371 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226266316 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 5554
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    You guys can assume that all you want...blame Mitch and the Senate Republicans for the whole thing.
    That doesn't make it true and isn't necessarily fact. The bill only passed the House by a 208-199 vote so there were 199 reps, including 14 Dems, who voted no on it. The fact WE don't know what talk there was between represtantives and senators doesn't mean there was zero talk. This is the biggest problem I have in here...a few of you just refuse to allow for the fact that not all Dems are innocent and all Reps are guilty...or that innocence and guilt in all this isn't a subjective idea.
    It is a fact that it was passed months ago in the house and that the senate republicans waited until this week to unveil theirs while saying no/not taking up what had already passed. You can try and explain this if you want but these are things that actually did happen and show who was ready and who was waiting/not even putting this to votes/coming out with a plan to be negotiated on. It is just a reality of the situation.

Please quote people saying the bold regularly and not bashing say Biden or other establishment dems in their time here. This is often claimed but never actually done via quotes just saying this is true of others.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    It is a fact that it was passed months ago in the house and that the senate republicans waited until this week to unveil theirs while saying no/not taking up what had already passed. You can try and explain this if you want but these are things that actually did happen and show who was ready and who was waiting/not even putting this to votes/coming out with a plan to be negotiated on. It is just a reality of the situation.

Please quote people saying the bold regularly and not bashing say Biden or other establishment dems in their time here. This is often claimed but never actually done via quotes just saying this is true of others.
    I'm assuming you don"t read DBs posts. Lol.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    I'm assuming you don"t read DBs posts. Lol.
    DB and Walter were the first to come to mind actually if I am being honest, part of why I asked him to quote.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post

I kinda just did. The bill was passed, the Senate Republicans said right from the start that it was a non-starter. All but one House Republican voted against it, but so did 14 Dems. Given that was the case, was there ever an effort from the House to negotiate? There are also 47 Dems in the Senate. Where were they in all of this?

Once again, I'm talking about the tendency to make blanket, black and white observations of situations that will always include many shades of gray. Finger pointing doesn't change the fact that both sides bear some fault in all of this. Most here do allow for those gray areas, including you. A few may partake in some Dem bashing, but by and large talk in black and white terms.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    They did not even bother to negotiate, McConell just sat and did nothing and here we are time expired.
    And a straight extension was never offered, but hey someone tweeted.

I kinda just did. The bill was passed, the Senate Republicans said right from the start that it was a non-starter. All but one House Republican voted against it, but so did 14 Dems. Given that was the case, was there ever an effort from the House to negotiate? There are also 47 Dems in the Senate. Where were they in all of this?

Once again, I'm talking about the tendency to make blanket, black and white observations of situations that will always include many shades of gray. Finger pointing doesn't change the fact that both sides bear some fault in all of this. Most here do allow for those gray areas, including you. A few may partake in some Dem bashing, but by and large talk in black and white terms.
    Why renegotiate something that you have already passed and have major support from your party on? If the answer is renegotiate to something the senate wanted then wouldn't that require the Senate to have it's own bill to negotiate with? What do you mean where were the dems in the senate? They have no control to take up the House bill or any of that it is on Mcconnell/Republicans in the senate to do so.

You just made a blanket statement yourself in partisan manner which is actually why I asked to clarify. If you are going to finger point you do so at an individual and clearly state what the issue is. It is alright to point out issues just be specific and not generalize like you even say here. Both sides bearing some blame doesn't mean one isn't deserving of more blame for their actions.

So a school in Indiana which was the first or one of the first school to open had to **** down within hours because one kid tested positive, walked the halls, sat on various classes.

Yeah, this will end well.

Donald Trump: slow down testing of COVID.

Kevin McCarthy:

Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    The republicans wanted to extend the extra $600 for another week or two but democrats said no and went home. They want to use it as leverage in negotiations

Im glad the democrats are playing politics when people can’t pay rent! Oh wait, im she’s none of the people in here are upset about that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So now that it's something the Republicans supposedly wanted, you're good with it?

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Hahaha this is so damn predictable from the left on here.

This bill was a STRAIGHT extension with zero things added to it. It was a simple one week extension while they negotiate and the Dems said no and went home.

People are struggling to pay rent and live and the Dems would rather play politics than pass a simple one week extension while they negotiate a new deal.

The left is ****ing awful

Give me a ****ing break. You don't give a **** about people struggling to pay rent and live. You'd have been applauding this if it was Republicans in the way of an extension.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

No, they ALL did the people wrong...all the way through this thing
    The CARES Act was put together too hastily....necessary, but didn't think through too many things
    The HEROES Act includes things not even crisis related and, for that reason alone, is a bit bloated.
    The HEALS Act is a genuine effort to not go as far as is needed while attempting to make it look like the Dems want to spend recklessly.

Then, even though they're all adults hired TO do what the people NEED them to do, they all put party before people and took their balls (those that actually have any) and went home. The only ARGUMENT and DEBATE there is which side is the most to blame.........but in the end IT DOESN'T MATTER who, it still didn't get done...and millions of their constituents are now in even more total flux about the future than they were yesterday.
    Bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    They passed a bill months ago that would provide relief. Mitch has been twiddling his turtle thumbs all this time. I don't want to hear any crocodile tears from people who have said they don't think these types of aid are a good idea in the first place.
    Yeah the HEROES act was passed by Congress in May. Mitch said they wanted to wait it out. Meanwhile they knew they had multiple summer recesses where getting a deal done would have been incredibly difficult given how many things Democrats and Republicans disagreed on and the short time in which they would be in session.

Then the Republicans come back with an underwhelming bill and blame the Democrats for not agreeing to it. This while millions of people have lost their unemployment benefits this past week. Its a joke. They are both to blame but the legislation was there. They should have found a way to keep unemployment for a period of time, got those 2nd stimulus checks out there, gave out hazard pay to essential workers, etc.
    Last edited by metswon69; 08-01-2020 at 03:09 PM.

It's pitchfork and torches time. Unless you wish to let these guy take us to the bitter end with their crap. I guess more people, like those you know PERSONALLY, will have to suffer before something is done.
    WE STILL KNOW WHERE THE PITCHFORKS ARE:Beau of the Fifth Column, you tube.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    And a straight extension was never offered, but hey someone tweeted.
    Yes it was

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    So a school in Indiana which was the first or one of the first school to open had to **** down within hours because one kid tested positive, walked the halls, sat on various classes.

Yeah, this will end well.
    Explain how there were colleges open throughout the entire lockdown and they had like one case?