Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 215 of 375 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225265315 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 5620
  1. #3211
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,154
    The republicans wanted to extend the extra $600 for another week or two but democrats said no and went home. They want to use it as leverage in negotiations

    Im glad the democrats are playing politics when people can’t pay rent! Oh wait, im she’s none of the people in here are upset about that


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #3212
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,154
    “A source with knowledge of the negotiations told CBS News Meadows initially proposed a simple one-week extension of UI benefits at $600 on Thursday, which Democrats rejected. He then suggested a "skinny proposal," which would have included 4 months of UI benefits at $400, with $105 billion for schools, liability protections, and some unspecified amount for the Paycheck Protection Program.”

    Families are struggling. People are hurting and the democrats are playing politics yet the people in here who claim to be for the poorer people don’t give a damn! Shocking!


    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...lar-cares-act/


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3213
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    103,460
    So why did McConell sit in the bill passed by the house 2 months ago?

  4. #3214
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    14,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    So why did McConell sit in the bill passed by the house 2 months ago?
    I don't know what they are, but there are things the Dems had in the bill that are not covid related......just like most of these bills both sides put together (Trump wants the new FBI building for example)

    Enough to not negotiate? I don't konw....but 3 times the size the Rep Senators put together
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  5. #3215
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,822
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I don't know what they are, but there are things the Dems had in the bill that are not covid related......just like most of these bills both sides put together (Trump wants the new FBI building for example)

    Enough to not negotiate? I don't konw....but 3 times the size the Rep Senators put together
    The point is if he actually cared at all about people and not playing politics then he would have been complaining about the inaction from Republicans for months. They chose to force it down to deadline and try to squeeze what they want through and he is now whining about dems not agreeing to it.

  6. #3216
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,154
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    The point is if he actually cared at all about people and not playing politics then he would have been complaining about the inaction from Republicans for months. They chose to force it down to deadline and try to squeeze what they want through and he is now whining about dems not agreeing to it.
    Hahaha this is so damn predictable from the left on here.

    This bill was a STRAIGHT extension with zero things added to it. It was a simple one week extension while they negotiate and the Dems said no and went home.

    People are struggling to pay rent and live and the Dems would rather play politics than pass a simple one week extension while they negotiate a new deal.

    The left is ****ing awful


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #3217
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Hahaha this is so damn predictable from the left on here.

    This bill was a STRAIGHT extension with zero things added to it. It was a simple one week extension while they negotiate and the Dems said no and went home.

    People are struggling to pay rent and live and the Dems would rather play politics than pass a simple one week extension while they negotiate a new deal.

    The left is ****ing awful


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pointing out context/reality? Alright, we can call that a left trait.

    It was a one week extension that neither party has any idea if they can get majority/passed and even if it was done would take time to implement and may not reach people in time and then after that they would be screwed again because it is a one time $600 payment. Reports also said GOP has around 20 members not wanting to do anything in senate which if true means dems need a majority of anything to pass it can't just be partial support. It did nothing to address things like evictions which are also major problems as far as I was aware it was only adding this $600 one week and ignoring all other problems. Seems late, inefficient and a very lacking way to handle such a major situation and gets to the point brought up of them waiting over 2 months before even getting to the negotiating table. Why? To push one ridiculous time payment of 600 late at the deadline and then use it in the media to rile up the partisans so they can blame the dems for everything like you tried.

    It wasn't a genuine attempt to help people during the crisis it was partisan politics all around. You are just mad the dems played partisan politics back and didn't cave. Dems would rather have a bill that actually took this situation seriously and have been waiting months for ANY type of response. There is no doubt they have issues too but you are just being an extreme partisan here.

  8. #3218
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,154
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Pointing out context/reality? Alright, we can call that a left trait.

    It was a one week extension that neither party has any idea if they can get majority/passed and even if it was done would take time to implement and may not reach people in time and then after that they would be screwed again because it is a one time $600 payment. Reports also said GOP has around 20 members not wanting to do anything in senate which if true means dems need a majority of anything to pass it can't just be partial support. It did nothing to address things like evictions which are also major problems as far as I was aware it was only adding this $600 one week and ignoring all other problems. Seems late, inefficient and a very lacking way to handle such a major situation and gets to the point brought up of them waiting over 2 months before even getting to the negotiating table. Why? To push one ridiculous time payment of 600 late at the deadline and then use it in the media to rile up the partisans so they can blame the dems for everything like you tried.

    It wasn't a genuine attempt to help people during the crisis it was partisan politics all around. You are just mad the dems played partisan politics back and didn't cave. Dems would rather have a bill that actually took this situation seriously and have been waiting months for ANY type of response. There is no doubt they have issues too but you are just being an extreme partisan here.
    You’re right. Dems can never do any wrong. They care so much about the poor people and would rather them not get anything than have a one week extension. Damn republicans!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #3219
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    You’re right. Dems can never do any wrong. They care so much about the poor people and would rather them not get anything than have a one week extension. Damn republicans!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I know I am right, that's why I don't have to act insanely partisan and can stick to reality/what actually happened.

    Democrats are far from perfect like I even got at in that post but you are just acting like an extreme partisan ignoring all the partisan games republicans have been playing here. In this situation though reality makes the republicans look very bad given what is pointed out, you are focused on one of their partisan games to scream about the dems though when it has been republicans fighting against $600 extensions all along.

  10. #3220
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    14,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    You’re right. Dems can never do any wrong. They care so much about the poor people and would rather them not get anything than have a one week extension. Damn republicans!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, they ALL did the people wrong...all the way through this thing
    The CARES Act was put together too hastily....necessary, but didn't think through too many things
    The HEROES Act includes things not even crisis related and, for that reason alone, is a bit bloated.
    The HEALS Act is a genuine effort to not go as far as is needed while attempting to make it look like the Dems want to spend recklessly.

    Then, even though they're all adults hired TO do what the people NEED them to do, they all put party before people and took their balls (those that actually have any) and went home. The only ARGUMENT and DEBATE there is which side is the most to blame.........but in the end IT DOESN'T MATTER who, it still didn't get done...and millions of their constituents are now in even more total flux about the future than they were yesterday.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  11. #3221
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    12,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    You’re right. Dems can never do any wrong. They care so much about the poor people and would rather them not get anything than have a one week extension. Damn republicans!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Once again you ignore reality even here in this forum. During the Democrat primaries, many here, who are/were democrats, denounced the democrat party as paid gunslingers for the donor class not the protectors of the weak and powerless.

    Your nonsensical rants are falling on deaf ears because everyone knows you are a partisan hack.
    WE STILL KNOW WHERE THE PITCHFORKS ARE:Beau of the Fifth Column, you tube.

  12. #3222
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Coventry RI
    Posts
    4,823
    Just count everyone with a mask tan on each side and put it to rest

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

  13. #3223
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    103,460
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I don't know what they are, but there are things the Dems had in the bill that are not covid related......just like most of these bills both sides put together (Trump wants the new FBI building for example)

    Enough to not negotiate? I don't konw....but 3 times the size the Rep Senators put together
    They did not even bother to negotiate, McConell just sat and did nothing and here we are time expired.

  14. #3224
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    94,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    You’re right. Dems can never do any wrong. They care so much about the poor people and would rather them not get anything than have a one week extension. Damn republicans!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They passed a bill months ago that would provide relief. Mitch has been twiddling his turtle thumbs all this time. I don't want to hear any crocodile tears from people who have said they don't think these types of aid are a good idea in the first place.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  15. #3225
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    14,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    They did not even bother to negotiate, McConell just sat and did nothing and here we are time expired.
    You guys can assume that all you want...blame Mitch and the Senate Republicans for the whole thing.
    That doesn't make it true and isn't necessarily fact. The bill only passed the House by a 208-199 vote so there were 199 reps, including 14 Dems, who voted no on it. The fact WE don't know what talk there was between represtantives and senators doesn't mean there was zero talk. This is the biggest problem I have in here...a few of you just refuse to allow for the fact that not all Dems are innocent and all Reps are guilty...or that innocence and guilt in all this isn't a subjective idea.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •