Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 206 of 370 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256306 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 5541
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    "Them" in this instance are people who lost their job because of a pandemic. To no fault of their own.

And again, THAT'S MY POINT. Read my post. It's pathetic that so many people make so ****ing little in this supposed great country that measly unemployment benefits are perhaps better financially for them. Have a problem with that for once. Come on...

EDIT:

This is what I thought I quoted.

The average salary for cops in this country is drastically higher than what you get on employment. If any police have a problem with how little they make maybe quit and take unemployment instead. It's better for everyone. And I'd surmise that most people on unemployment because of the pandemic are better humans than the average cop.
    Much more fun to pretend that cops dont make any money.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Sure it's fair, they go back to work when they are called back to work or they lose unemployment. Fun narrative that they are just sitting around collecting a check refusing to work, completely false, but fun.
    You know what’s crazy that taxpayers are getting help from the taxes they put into their government.

I get it sucks that I have to work everyday and risk getting sick while others are home getting 1k a week, but I been laid off before and know the struggle of having to just live on unemployment for a couple of months. This is not going to be there forever, so let it help those that need it while this **** is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    You know what’s crazy that taxpayers are getting help from the taxes they put into their government.

I get it sucks that I have to work everyday and risk getting sick while others are home getting 1k a week, but I been laid off before and know the struggle of having to just live on unemployment for a couple of months. This is not going to be there forever, so let it help those that need it while this **** is going on.
    Yep, not to mention the uncertainty and depression of having nowhere to be and no prospects. People act like its retirement. It blows.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    I have a problem with them making more than a lot of police officers do, yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Leather is your favorite flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post

Some people can’t empathize.

I’m a fortunate one who came out of unemployment with a better (and better paying) job. My wife was furloughed after our daughter was born and had some medical complications.

That $600 extra a week kept us from burning all of our savings and having to dip into retirement after two earners were without income for 3 months plus having medical bills from childbirth.

And we’re fortunate ones having pretty stable careers relative to most of the population. And this **** almost turned out world upside down due largely to timing outside of our control.

People mad about unemployment extras during the pandemic can **** right off.

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    People mad about unemployment extras during the pandemic can **** right off.
    ^^^^

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    "Them" in this instance are people who lost their job because of a pandemic. To no fault of their own.

And again, THAT'S MY POINT. Read my post. It's pathetic that so many people make so ****ing little in this supposed great country that measly unemployment benefits are perhaps better financially for them. Have a problem with that for once. Come on...

EDIT:

This is what I thought I quoted.

The average salary for cops in this country is drastically higher than what you get on employment. If any police have a problem with how little they make maybe quit and take unemployment instead. It's better for everyone. And I'd surmise that most people on unemployment because of the pandemic are better humans than the average cop.
    Oh really? Right now they are getting 1,000 per week or 4,000 per month on unemployment. That’s 48,000 per year

Here’s the average salary of a police officer by city: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/Salarie...alary-by-State

So how is it “drastically higher”

How long should we keep paying the extra 600 per week? Forever? Months? Most businesses are currently open right now.

Oh really? Right now they are getting 1,000 per week or 4,000 per month on unemployment. That’s 48,000 per year

Here’s the average salary of a police officer by city: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/Salarie...alary-by-State

How long should we keep paying the extra 600 per week? Forever? Months? Most businesses are currently open right now.

It is not possible to get $1000 a week in my state. The absolutely most you can get is $978 a week since payments range from $54 to $378. So even with the maximum, which requires you to have a very high income meaning that almost no one working a low wage job gets near that, nobody is getting this magical value that you've thrown out.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    It is not possible to get $1000 a week in my state. The absolutely most you can get is $978 a week since payments range from $54 to $378. So even with the maximum, which requires you to have a very high income meaning that almost no one working a low wage job gets near that, nobody is getting this magical value that you've thrown out.
    Oh man that 22 dollar difference!

Again, how long should people get the extra 600? Every business is pretty much open right now so why should they still get the extra money?

a) Everyone isn't getting $1,000/week.

b)
    The national average annual wage of an police officer is $67,600, according to the BLS, a little over $15,000 more than average annual salary for all occupations, $51,960. Depending on the state, however, the average salary of a police officer can vary significantly. Police officer wages are heavily dependent on the cost of living in each state.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...ary-state/amp/

c) As per usual, you're full of **** and doing everything you can to make it seem like the low income citizens of this country are living like kings off the government's back.

Keep licking them boots.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Again, how long should people get the extra 600? Every business is pretty much open right now so why should they still get the extra money?

Why are you so worked up about the government actually helping people in a time of need?

You sound jealous of those that are on unemployment. Pretty sad look to be honest. Maybe you should be happy you're able to work and keep your trap shut.

When you say they are getting 1000 a month it sounds like you are saying that is what everyone on unemployment is getting. It’s not. People who had lower paying jobs don’t get max level benefits. I think that was Broncs point

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    When you say they are getting 1000 a month it sounds like you are saying that is what everyone on unemployment is getting. It’s not. People who had lower paying jobs don’t get max level benefits. I think that was Broncs point

https://www.aol.com/article/finance/...inds/24569010/

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/unemplo...age-returning/

Yet such concerns are misguided, some experts say. A July study by Yale economists found "no evidence" that people who have recently lost their job are choosing to stay unemployed because of the sweetened federal jobless aid. In fact, they added, "Workers facing larger [unemployment] expansions generally appear to be quicker to return to work than others, not slower."
    https://money.yahoo.com/extra-600-in...182827326.html

Seven in 10 workers who returned to a job in June were making more on unemployment insurance than their previous wages, according to an analysis of the Current Population Survey from Ernie Tedeschi, an economist at Evercore ISI and a former Treasury economist in the Obama administration. Around 65% of those who went back to work in May also took in more from unemployment, he found.

“There was no relationship in May or June between how generous your unemployment insurance was and whether or not you took a job in May or June,” Tedeschi said. “There were people who had extremely generous unemployment and were making much more on [unemployment] and yet they took a job.”
    There is study after study that enhanced unemployment doesn't keep people home either. Its **** the right makes up while they give out PPP loans to millionaires and billionaires. People understand that unemployment is temporary and that they need to work for pragmatic reasons that don't just involve collecting a paycheck.

If the government dries up that well, the economy is going to be in trouble. 70% of the GDP in America is made up by consumer retail.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-29-2020 at 02:18 AM.

COVID-19 Response: An issue that shouldn't be at all political....yet here we are

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

There is study after study that enhanced unemployment doesn't keep people home either. Its **** the right makes up while they give out PPP loans to millionaires and billionaires. People understand that unemployment is temporary and that they need to work for pragmatic reasons that don't just involve collecting a paycheck.

If the government dries up that well, the economy is going to be in trouble. 70% of the GDP in America is made up by consumer retail.
    If one person stays home and smokes cigarettes instead of being miserable that’s one too many

Last edited by ewing; 07-29-2020 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

Shai Akabas, the center’s director of economic policy, said that while the share of workers citing the generosity of benefits is small, it amounts to millions of people. The effect is likely to grow if benefits were extended for a long period, he said.

Under the stimulus law, the median worker has received benefits amounting to 134% of prior pay, University of Chicago researchers found in studying wage-replacement rates.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj...rk-11596015000