Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 206 of 370 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256306 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 5541
  1. #3076
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,090
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    "Them" in this instance are people who lost their job because of a pandemic. To no fault of their own.

    And again, THAT'S MY POINT. Read my post. It's pathetic that so many people make so ****ing little in this supposed great country that measly unemployment benefits are perhaps better financially for them. Have a problem with that for once. Come on...

    EDIT:



    This is what I thought I quoted.

    The average salary for cops in this country is drastically higher than what you get on employment. If any police have a problem with how little they make maybe quit and take unemployment instead. It's better for everyone. And I'd surmise that most people on unemployment because of the pandemic are better humans than the average cop.
    Much more fun to pretend that cops dont make any money.

  2. #3077
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    103,368
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Sure it's fair, they go back to work when they are called back to work or they lose unemployment. Fun narrative that they are just sitting around collecting a check refusing to work, completely false, but fun.
    You know what’s crazy that taxpayers are getting help from the taxes they put into their government.

    I get it sucks that I have to work everyday and risk getting sick while others are home getting 1k a week, but I been laid off before and know the struggle of having to just live on unemployment for a couple of months. This is not going to be there forever, so let it help those that need it while this **** is going on.

  3. #3078
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    You know what’s crazy that taxpayers are getting help from the taxes they put into their government.

    I get it sucks that I have to work everyday and risk getting sick while others are home getting 1k a week, but I been laid off before and know the struggle of having to just live on unemployment for a couple of months. This is not going to be there forever, so let it help those that need it while this **** is going on.
    Yep, not to mention the uncertainty and depression of having nowhere to be and no prospects. People act like its retirement. It blows.

  4. #3079
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    I have a problem with them making more than a lot of police officers do, yes


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Leather is your favorite flavor.

  5. #3080
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    You know what’s crazy that taxpayers are getting help from the taxes they put into their government.

    I get it sucks that I have to work everyday and risk getting sick while others are home getting 1k a week, but I been laid off before and know the struggle of having to just live on unemployment for a couple of months. This is not going to be there forever, so let it help those that need it while this **** is going on.
    Some people can’t empathize.

    I’m a fortunate one who came out of unemployment with a better (and better paying) job. My wife was furloughed after our daughter was born and had some medical complications.

    That $600 extra a week kept us from burning all of our savings and having to dip into retirement after two earners were without income for 3 months plus having medical bills from childbirth.

    And we’re fortunate ones having pretty stable careers relative to most of the population. And this **** almost turned out world upside down due largely to timing outside of our control.

    People mad about unemployment extras during the pandemic can **** right off.

  6. #3081
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    52,175
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    People mad about unemployment extras during the pandemic can **** right off.
    ^^^^

    PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  7. #3082
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,123
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    "Them" in this instance are people who lost their job because of a pandemic. To no fault of their own.

    And again, THAT'S MY POINT. Read my post. It's pathetic that so many people make so ****ing little in this supposed great country that measly unemployment benefits are perhaps better financially for them. Have a problem with that for once. Come on...

    EDIT:



    This is what I thought I quoted.

    The average salary for cops in this country is drastically higher than what you get on employment. If any police have a problem with how little they make maybe quit and take unemployment instead. It's better for everyone. And I'd surmise that most people on unemployment because of the pandemic are better humans than the average cop.
    Oh really? Right now they are getting 1,000 per week or 4,000 per month on unemployment. That’s 48,000 per year

    Here’s the average salary of a police officer by city: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/Salarie...alary-by-State

    So how is it “drastically higher”

    How long should we keep paying the extra 600 per week? Forever? Months? Most businesses are currently open right now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #3083
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    94,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Oh really? Right now they are getting 1,000 per week or 4,000 per month on unemployment. That’s 48,000 per year

    Here’s the average salary of a police officer by city: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/Salarie...alary-by-State

    So how is it “drastically higher”

    How long should we keep paying the extra 600 per week? Forever? Months? Most businesses are currently open right now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is not possible to get $1000 a week in my state. The absolutely most you can get is $978 a week since payments range from $54 to $378. So even with the maximum, which requires you to have a very high income meaning that almost no one working a low wage job gets near that, nobody is getting this magical value that you've thrown out.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  9. #3084
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,123
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    It is not possible to get $1000 a week in my state. The absolutely most you can get is $978 a week since payments range from $54 to $378. So even with the maximum, which requires you to have a very high income meaning that almost no one working a low wage job gets near that, nobody is getting this magical value that you've thrown out.
    Oh man that 22 dollar difference!

    Again, how long should people get the extra 600? Every business is pretty much open right now so why should they still get the extra money?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #3085
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    52,175
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Oh really? Right now they are getting 1,000 per week or 4,000 per month on unemployment. That’s 48,000 per year

    Here’s the average salary of a police officer by city: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/Salarie...alary-by-State

    So how is it “drastically higher”

    How long should we keep paying the extra 600 per week? Forever? Months? Most businesses are currently open right now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    a) Everyone isn't getting $1,000/week.

    b)
    The national average annual wage of an police officer is $67,600, according to the BLS, a little over $15,000 more than average annual salary for all occupations, $51,960. Depending on the state, however, the average salary of a police officer can vary significantly. Police officer wages are heavily dependent on the cost of living in each state.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...ary-state/amp/

    c) As per usual, you're full of **** and doing everything you can to make it seem like the low income citizens of this country are living like kings off the government's back.

    Keep licking them boots.

    PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  11. #3086
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    52,175
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Oh man that 22 dollar difference!

    Again, how long should people get the extra 600? Every business is pretty much open right now so why should they still get the extra money?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why are you so worked up about the government actually helping people in a time of need?

    You sound jealous of those that are on unemployment. Pretty sad look to be honest. Maybe you should be happy you're able to work and keep your trap shut.

    PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  12. #3087
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    49,523
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Oh man that 22 dollar difference!

    Again, how long should people get the extra 600? Every business is pretty much open right now so why should they still get the extra money?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When you say they are getting 1000 a month it sounds like you are saying that is what everyone on unemployment is getting. It’s not. People who had lower paying jobs don’t get max level benefits. I think that was Broncs point


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  13. #3088
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    38,080
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    When you say they are getting 1000 a month it sounds like you are saying that is what everyone on unemployment is getting. It’s not. People who had lower paying jobs don’t get max level benefits. I think that was Broncs point


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    https://www.aol.com/article/finance/...inds/24569010/

    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/unemplo...age-returning/

    Yet such concerns are misguided, some experts say. A July study by Yale economists found "no evidence" that people who have recently lost their job are choosing to stay unemployed because of the sweetened federal jobless aid. In fact, they added, "Workers facing larger [unemployment] expansions generally appear to be quicker to return to work than others, not slower."
    https://money.yahoo.com/extra-600-in...182827326.html

    Seven in 10 workers who returned to a job in June were making more on unemployment insurance than their previous wages, according to an analysis of the Current Population Survey from Ernie Tedeschi, an economist at Evercore ISI and a former Treasury economist in the Obama administration. Around 65% of those who went back to work in May also took in more from unemployment, he found.

    “There was no relationship in May or June between how generous your unemployment insurance was and whether or not you took a job in May or June,” Tedeschi said. “There were people who had extremely generous unemployment and were making much more on [unemployment] and yet they took a job.”
    There is study after study that enhanced unemployment doesn't keep people home either. Its **** the right makes up while they give out PPP loans to millionaires and billionaires. People understand that unemployment is temporary and that they need to work for pragmatic reasons that don't just involve collecting a paycheck.

    If the government dries up that well, the economy is going to be in trouble. 70% of the GDP in America is made up by consumer retail.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-29-2020 at 02:18 AM.

  14. #3089
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    49,523

    COVID-19 Response: An issue that shouldn't be at all political....yet here we are

    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    https://www.aol.com/article/finance/...inds/24569010/

    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/unemplo...age-returning/



    https://money.yahoo.com/extra-600-in...182827326.html



    There is study after study that enhanced unemployment doesn't keep people home either. Its **** the right makes up while they give out PPP loans to millionaires and billionaires. People understand that unemployment is temporary and that they need to work for pragmatic reasons that don't just involve collecting a paycheck.

    If the government dries up that well, the economy is going to be in trouble. 70% of the GDP in America is made up by consumer retail.
    If one person stays home and smokes cigarettes instead of being miserable that’s one too many


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 07-29-2020 at 07:51 AM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  15. #3090
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,123
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    https://www.aol.com/article/finance/...inds/24569010/

    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/unemplo...age-returning/



    https://money.yahoo.com/extra-600-in...182827326.html



    There is study after study that enhanced unemployment doesn't keep people home either. Its **** the right makes up while they give out PPP loans to millionaires and billionaires. People understand that unemployment is temporary and that they need to work for pragmatic reasons that don't just involve collecting a paycheck.

    If the government dries up that well, the economy is going to be in trouble. 70% of the GDP in America is made up by consumer retail.
    Shai Akabas, the center’s director of economic policy, said that while the share of workers citing the generosity of benefits is small, it amounts to millions of people. The effect is likely to grow if benefits were extended for a long period, he said.


    Under the stimulus law, the median worker has received benefits amounting to 134% of prior pay, University of Chicago researchers found in studying wage-replacement rates.


    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj...rk-11596015000




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •