Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 205 of 370 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255305 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 5542
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    there is that, for sure....the latter just seems too futile to try and fight.......and if those cuts were rolled back, each rich person's difference would fund dozens of those extra unemployment benefits
    Exactly and part of american politics is making us believe it is futile and instead to focus on complaining about fairness among the lowest levels who have no actual power to improve/change this country in nearly the same way and are just trying to live pay check to pay check (even during a pandemic if they are forced out of work).

The reality is if we instead focused on change to policy to create a better system as a whole we probably wouldn't care nearly as much about people making a yearly average of like 40k short term during a pandemic where everything is shutting down while collecting unemployment to keep their families afloat. Many other countries had similar or even larger types of responses than ours was. We are at a point where the country has managed this much worse than others from the top and it has created a situation where people are still in need of similar help but we are trying to go lower and lower on the help we give now despite it likely being similar for those in need (they are still in need and this hasn't gone away nor will it magically).

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    We get a longer discussion on whether poor unemployed people deserve the money they get then whether rich people deserve tax cuts and bonus. No wonder this country is so messed up. We deserve Trump.
    Do you think itís fair that these people are making more money on unemployment than a lot of people who had to work through the pandemic?

If you were getting 1,000 per week on unemployment and were making just as much not working why would you go back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I think it's pretty telling that so many people's/politician's response to unemployment paying some people more than actually working pays them is to want to see unemployment CUT rather than demanding or fighting for better wages.

Clear disdain for the poor.
    I have a problem with them making more than a lot of police officers do, yes

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Do you think itís fair that these people are making more money on unemployment than a lot of people who had to work through the pandemic?

If you were getting 1,000 per week on unemployment and were making just as much not working why would you go back?

I'm quite a bit more concerned about the people who feel forced to work some thankless job while dealing with ignorant buffoons during a pandemic than some people getting a little more money on unemployment than they were at their low paying jobs.

No surprise at all that you're more worried about the "fairness" of these people getting a little more per month in unemployment than they were via the pittance of a wage they were receiving from their employer. Real man of the people you are.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Why are we only focused on how poor people in extreme hardship during a pandemic should live to be "fair".

Everyone keeps saying this but is it "fair" many millionaire and billionaires could do this? Some may inherit and never have to work a day in their lives. Others may get lucky. Others may have worked hard at one point but now don't have to.

What about the massive amounts spent on military? What about people not having basic needs like healthcare met? What about not addressing climate change for the future of this country?

Is any of that fair and why not focus on that? What about the fairness of making millions/billions off others working while they may need government assistance to live despite being full time? Is it only when the people most in need might get something we care about "fairness" and pretend there isn't massive waste elsewhere far far far larger that should have been addressed long before. Why?

Oh, boy. Ever thought about a career in stand-up comedy?

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    This is the funniest **** ever.

https://twitter.com/breitbartnews/st...212672005?s=21

Breibart paid a bunch of doctors to hold a pretty conference and this is the results.
    Tweet no longer available but I assume you're referencing this quack:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/stella...er&via=desktop

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Tweet no longer available but I assume you're referencing this quack:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/stella...er&via=desktop
    oh good, and she's expecting God to zap Mark Zuckerberg if he doesn't restore her FB page, too

no wonder The Onion has struggled....hard to compete with reality
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I think people paying less where taking that unemployment are profiting off poverty. I have very little sympathy for employers who are treating their workers like ****.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

600 per week is roughly 30,000 which all unemployed people are getting right now Iím pretty sure. Or they were until it expired

Some people are making more sitting at home than people who were out there working during the whole lockdown. How is that fair?

You are right on the numbers sorry about that. Itís not fair. Those workers should get a raise

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I think people paying less where taking that unemployment are profiting off poverty. I have very little sympathy for employers who are treating their workers like ****.
    not really quite that simple.......never run a business before, have you
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

"Them" in this instance are people who lost their job because of a pandemic. To no fault of their own.

And again, THAT'S MY POINT. Read my post. It's pathetic that so many people make so ****ing little in this supposed great country that measly unemployment benefits are perhaps better financially for them. Have a problem with that for once. Come on...

EDIT:

This is what I thought I quoted.

The average salary for cops in this country is drastically higher than what you get on employment. If any police have a problem with how little they make maybe quit and take unemployment instead. It's better for everyone. And I'd surmise that most people on unemployment because of the pandemic are better humans than the average cop.
    Last edited by ManRam; 07-28-2020 at 06:56 PM. Reason: somehow drastically misread the post initially
    HELLO

You can nickle and dime the unemployment situation all you want (pun intended), but it does not mask the ridiculously wretched economic inequalities that a nation such as ours possesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    You can nickle and dime the unemployment situation all you want (pun intended), but it does not mask the ridiculously wretched economic inequalities that a nation such as ours possesses.
    I want these people to suffer for there Bud lite cans and weekend hot dogs. Thats important to me

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Sure it's fair, they go back to work when they are called back to work or they lose unemployment. Fun narrative that they are just sitting around collecting a check refusing to work, completely false, but fun.