Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 182 of 1150 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192232282682 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 17249
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    certainly some truth to that from the politicians....but these decisions are made on an individual basis, a lot of the positives are among younger Pol who, especially if they're protesting, are more likely to be dem than rep.....i just get tired of trying to put a party on everything
    Idk, we had about 50 people locally that protested, small town, small county. Meanwhile, every morning when I'd grab a drink at the local gas station from about the middle of may on, half of the folks waiting in line and half the staff werent wearing masks. These are people I've known my while life and are squarely members of whatever you'd like to call trump's party. They'd repeat his stupid talking points while belittling the folks that were wearing masks. While it's fine to say, and true, that the protests certainly didnt help the situation, the ******** that runs from the administrations mouth certainly had a much larger effect here than any protest. Both parties have tried to play politics with this, it's a function of our system, trump has run a misinformation campaign that his voters have eaten up. They look cool playing golf though I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Hereís some data on who is wearing masks.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...imes&smtyp=cur

Pretty clear what this looks like.
    Most people wearing masks are the areas that are getting hit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Most people wearing masks are the areas that are getting hit
    Not quite. Most people are wearing masks in places that have already gotten hit (and, yes, some are still getting hit, but that sunbelt horse is already way out of the barn).

Translation: some people are capable of learning.

COVID-19 Response: An issue that shouldn't be at all political....yet here we are

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Hereís some data on who is wearing masks.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...imes&smtyp=cur

Pretty clear what this looks like.
    Just about everyone in NJ wears a mask. I do think other states opening early and national messaging led to more people going out more often again. I donít think people are limiting their trips to the stores near as much and things like that. I think the fact that we have been unable to convey a coherent national message has influence personal decisions in a bad way everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Continuing to say that doesn't make it true. Trump doesn't control states and many hot spot cities have Dem mayors. So again...I don't. know these spikes have a political correlation.
    The data has only been more stark since July.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-ap...EA3I.png&w=916

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    X2. This is why republicans are getting a bad rep right now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Because the non mask wearing people are all walking around with a big red R on their chest while the mask wearing people are walking around with a big blue D on their chest.

Give me a break.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Because the non mask wearing people are all walking around with a big red R on their chest while the mask wearing people are walking around with a big blue D on their chest.

Give me a break.
    But ya know itís only the republicans who are making this political!

All evidence points to republicans being less likely to wear a mask and some of their leaders have actively advocated against safety measures. That is indisputable, whether you like it or not. Tough ****, do better
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

certainly some truth to that from the politicians....but these decisions are made on an individual basis, a lot of the positives are among younger Pol who, especially if they're protesting, are more likely to be dem than rep.....i just get tired of trying to put a party on everything
    But the reality is that these parties and the talking heads at the top of their respective pyramids have influence on their followers. The republican party talking heads have their head up their ***, and their followers are buying it. It's real words with real impact, and that impact is an active ignorance, which is leading to spread and death.

The protests have impacted numbers, that's common sense, but it's not the reason stated are shutting back down. The reason states are shutting back down is lack of compliance. Lack of compliance is currently a battle that the right wing is waging for whatever reason.

I understand you defending republicans in general, but it is what it is. Their words have impact. I'm pro American, that's it, these 2 political parties are both anti American, so they can kiss my ***.

You're an old school republican, I respect your views. But politics in America has descended into sensationalism. That's what's running our country right now. Not republican or democratic principles.

Last edited by nastynice; 07-18-2020 at 12:35 PM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

This is what it comes down to. If you look at why the entire world is laughing at america right now, its because one Donald Trump. He says such ridiculous and insane ****, but people actually buy it up. So the world laughs, what else they gonna do?

It's one thing to have a re**** president, but once he starts influencing people and creates a re**** population, it becomes a problem for everyone.

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    All evidence points to republicans being less likely to wear a mask and some of their leaders have actively advocated against safety measures. That is indisputable, whether you like it or not. Tough ****, do better
    I mean itís not like you had Ohio and NJ gov who are both Republicans making it required to wear masks. Thereís plenty of examples of republicans wanting masks. Youíre making it political.

Who is fighting efforts to wear masks in public? Please find Democrats doing so.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    When have evidence and facts influence the Trumpublicans' thinking when it counters Trump? They rabidly attack the CDC, world opinion, medical experts, and common sense. Leading armed protest against stay at home orders, wearing masks, and social distancing as if it was an individual right issue. We are hearing every day about those who thumbed their nose at this virus finally coming around on the dangerousness of this virus on their death bed.

Now these idiots are trying to play it as if their past attitudes didn't have anything to do with this recent outbreak.
    They don't want to be accountable for their and Trump actions.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

So about 85 babies test positive in one county in Texas, let me know if this will not impact their development.

I mean itís not like you had Ohio and NJ gov who are both Republicans making it required to wear masks. Thereís plenty of examples of republicans wanting masks. Youíre making it political.

The issue is the POTUS and our countries response has been politically motivated, people can see this and will point it out. You spend all day trying to play gotcha for the other team lol. At least people here are basing it on the actual POTUS and main message of a party from the top as opposed to a single twitter account.