Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 175 of 224 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 3357
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    What you're saying is fair, but does that necessitate we just keep on trucking like nothing's wrong? Doesnt it make more sense to maneuver in a cautious manner?

Heres where we are as far as virus spread. This thing is here and its gonna be a new norm, and SOON it will be very similar to the flu, always around and active, moreso during certain seasons.

But RIGHT NOW it's not similar to the flu. It isn't because it is something new that our bodies haven't really been exposed to, and so it spreads MUCH quicker. With no distancing protocols in place, California had a double time of 3 days, I'm assuming new York's was quicker. They peaked at around 2,500 deaths a day about 2 weeks after lockdown. If they didnt lockdown, that would have been 5 more double time (15 days with 3 day double time), meaning 2,500 to 5,000 to 10,000 to 20,000 to 40,000 deaths a day. Its simply unsustainable for a city, its health system and its economy, to allow this to run through unchecked.

I say this to make the point that while all of your points are fair points, moving without actual legit protocols in place is just really not an option at this point. It's going to lead to lockdowns. It's not sustainable for any given city to let this run through at will. Everything needs to be monitored and coordinated properly.

Right now I think most places had reported around 10% positive rate? When it's probably up around 70 or 80% (I'm guessing...) its overall behavior will start to become more like the common flu, and less like something new spreading like wildfire.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    AGAIN the vast majority of people under 60 will not die from this. A lot of times they won’t even have symptoms. Stop acting scared from a virus that is vastly overhyped by the media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You realize that Sweeden didn’t lock anything down. They let the virus spread and kind of went on with life like normal and they continue to see the death rate go down. Why is that?

It seems that conservatives in general (not all) are constantly bleating about how bad the school systems are and at the same time continuing to refuse to fund them adequately, but then they are like rabid dogs in demanding that schools reopen with little or no comprehensive — or appropriately funded — plan in place for dealing with the potential consequences wrought by this pandemic.

Meanwhile they were delighted to cut taxes for the rich and the corporations, and they say nothing about bailing out the banks and the airlines — with virtually no oversight — allowing the fed to leverage 450 billion dollars of relief into 4.5 trillion dollars to bolster corporations like Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    You realize that Sweeden didn’t lock anything down. They let the virus spread and kind of went on with life like normal and they continue to see the death rate go down. Why is that?

How is that related to our situations being the coronavirus capital of the world?
    WE STILL KNOW WHERE THE PITCHFORKS ARE:Beau of the Fifth Column, you tube.

“Ever since the coronavirus emerged in Europe, Sweden has captured international attention by conducting an unorthodox, open-air experiment. It has allowed the world to examine what happens in a pandemic when a government allows life to carry on largely unhindered.

This is what has happened: Not only have thousands more people died than in neighboring countries that imposed lockdowns, but Sweden’s economy has fared little better.

“They literally gained nothing,” said Jacob F. Kirkegaard, a senior fellow at the Peterson Institute for International Economics in Washington. “It’s a self-inflicted wound, and they have no economic gains.”

[There is] the assumption that governments must balance saving lives against the imperative to spare jobs, with the extra health risks of rolling back social distancing potentially justified by a resulting boost to prosperity. But Sweden’s grim result — more death, and nearly equal economic damage — suggests that the supposed choice between lives and paychecks is a false one: A failure to impose social distancing can cost lives and jobs at the same time.”

July 15. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/07/b...ronavirus.html

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    “Ever since the coronavirus emerged in Europe, Sweden has captured international attention by conducting an unorthodox, open-air experiment. It has allowed the world to examine what happens in a pandemic when a government allows life to carry on largely unhindered.

This is what has happened: Not only have thousands more people died than in neighboring countries that imposed lockdowns, but Sweden’s economy has fared little better.

“They literally gained nothing,” said Jacob F. Kirkegaard, a senior fellow at the Peterson Institute for International Economics in Washington. “It’s a self-inflicted wound, and they have no economic gains.”

[There is] the assumption that governments must balance saving lives against the imperative to spare jobs, with the extra health risks of rolling back social distancing potentially justified by a resulting boost to prosperity. But Sweden’s grim result — more death, and nearly equal economic damage — suggests that the supposed choice between lives and paychecks is a false one: A failure to impose social distancing can cost lives and jobs at the same time.”

July 15. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/07/b...ronavirus.html
    Heres what the guy that made the policy thinks about it.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...e-things-wrong

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Why do you think your child is incapable of learning from home?
    it's not about whether a child is or isn't capable of learning from home. every child that is home has to have a parent or adult there to teach them. that is likely taking that parent/adult away from their job and making money.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I love how Trump and elected republican officals are saying that parents want their kids back in school this fall. How stupid do they think we are? If we closed schools when there was 20,000 postive testing daily, why would he think that we will send our kids back to school with 60,000 postive tests daily? Money, saving the economy and the willingness to inflict harm on the american public to do it.
    are there more deaths or less deaths?

there was a tweet a few days ago from a woman from CNN that said people want children back in schools, but they want there to be guidelines and how that should happen. I don''t remember her name and didn't save the tweet, but I found it interesting that even people with CNN want children back in school.

there should be a way to have kids back in school.

couldn't they have desks like the Pope, surrounded in plexiglass. they could enter the classroom with social distancing to their seats while in masks to be seated at their desks.

unless I've missed it I don't think anyone is (or should be) saying just send kids back to school exactly the same as everything was before with no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    No, I mean only looking for articles that you agree with, which you stupidly admitted lmao

I see news more as it happens from many different sources right or left. I've said this before, try paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    Sounds like you’re upset about dailycaller being dismissed as alt right garbage since it is and you rely on its fake garbage articles so much. I know it hurts you snowflake but I’m sure someone in the comments section of a racist Tucker Carlson video will let you vent
    I post more articles from CNN than I do Daily Caller. you never fail to show that you are utterly clueless.

you do nothing here expect spew hate and ignorance, keep going though it's entertaining.

An impact of remote learning, especially with younger kids, I haven't seen talked about much is the social aspect.....or lack thereof. Many of these kids were already spending way too much time socializing only by using some form of technology...video games, zoom calls, etc....now they've already had months of that being their ONLY option..while looking at more months of it. I don't have an answer for it, likely a hybrid (part remote, part in person) is the best most schools can utilize, but the loss of direct social interaction could very easily have its long term effects as well.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    An impact of remote learning, especially with younger kids, I haven't seen talked about much is the social aspect.....or lack thereof. Many of these kids were already spending way too much time socializing only by using some form of technology...video games, zoom calls, etc....now they've already had months of that being their ONLY option..while looking at more months of it. I don't have an answer for it, likely a hybrid (part remote, part in person) is the best most schools can utilize, but the loss of direct social interaction could very easily have its long term effects as well.
    Considering we are suffering from a pandemic, it goes without saying that it will greatly change how we go about our lives. Not only are the kids being affected, but those who can't pay rent because they aren't working, small businessmen going under. Everybody lives are taking a hit in various ways. We just can't say business as usual under these conditions. A lot of people leading up to this recent outbreak try that and here we are. Higher positive testing overfilled IC wards and deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Considering we are suffering from a pandemic, it goes without saying that it will greatly change how we go about our lives. Not only are the kids being affected, but those who can't pay rent because they aren't working, small businessmen going under. Everybody lives are taking a hit in various ways. We just can't say business as usual under these conditions. A lot of people leading up to this recent outbreak try that and here we are. Higher positive testing overfilled IC wards and deaths.
    oh most definitely, but there at least we're talking about adults who can understand more of what's going on and why.....telling my 5 yr old nephew no, he still can't go visit his friends...or a 13 yr old already too caught up in video games to play outside when they can't play with friends.....quite likely creates a learned behavior of social isolation that may continue long after there's a vaccine
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    oh most definitely, but there at least we're talking about adults who can understand more of what's going on and why.....telling my 5 yr old nephew no, he still can't go visit his friends...or a 13 yr old already too caught up in video games to play outside when they can't play with friends.....quite likely creates a learned behavior of social isolation that may continue long after there's a vaccine
    If this is the first time you have to say no and explain why to a 5-year-old, my hat is off to you. Yes, everyone will be affected by this for a long time, what we have to do is to come up with ideas to remedy or lessen the coronavirus impact. It might mean year-round school for a while after this is over, or holding kids back.

I just hope that parents don't rely completely on remote learning and paid a very personal attention to teaching their kids. Isolation from kids their own age is a problem, but a year of it isn't going to be that devasting. Kids are very resilient.
    Last edited by WES445; 07-16-2020 at 11:14 AM.

1. If a student or teacher tests positive then they have to quarantine themselves for 14 days like what the usual protocol is right now

2. Teacher tests positive then you have subs to fill in

3. Would be pretty similar to how it is at your normal company

4. Obviously you have sub teachers. Also depends what grade level this is

5. The govt/states should be providing the tests.

and again what if all the kids and adults the infected cane in contact with? Just let them keep going to school?

I like how he just plug in a sub-teacher to replace the fallen teacher. Plus, what about those that fallen teacher inflected before she became full blown ill.

Many areas have a seven to ten day wait period for the result of testing. It has become a broken record when it comes to "what the state or federal should do"