Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1528 of 1541 FirstFirst ... 5281028142814781518152615271528152915301538 ... LastLast
Results 22,906 to 22,920 of 23104
  1. #22906
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,781
    What a weird position for a GQP politician to be in. If you support vaccines and health measures like masks then you risk losing votes because your base, which you turned into a psycho cult, will revolt. If you don't support vaccines and health measures like masks then you risk losing votes because a good chunk of your voter base will either die or not be healthy enough to vote.

    Great strategy.

  2. #22907
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    108,213
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    What a weird position for a GQP politician to be in. If you support vaccines and health measures like masks then you risk losing votes because your base, which you turned into a psycho cult, will revolt. If you don't support vaccines and health measures like masks then you risk losing votes because a good chunk of your voter base will either die or not be healthy enough to vote.

    Great strategy.
    It's why they're moving at light speed to enshrine minority rule even further.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!
    ___

    Please remember not to reply to me if I'm not replying to you...you know who you are.

  3. #22908
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    66,754
    Lower empathy partially explains why political conservatism is associated with riskier pandemic lifestyles

    Hill and his colleagues found that people who scored higher on the measures of political conservatism tended to have lower empathic concern and perceived the pandemic as less threatening. They also tended to more strongly endorse authoritarian beliefs and were less likely to adhere to COVID-19 health recommendations.

    The findings held even after controlling for potentially confounding variables such as age, sex, race/ethnicity, nativity, southern residence, rural residence, education, employment status, household income, financial strain, marital status, the presence of children, and religiosity. Importantly, the researchers also found evidence that empathic concern, authoritarian beliefs, and perceived pandemic threat mediated the relationship between political conservatism and COVID-19 health behaviors.

    “Political conservatives tend to engage in riskier pandemic lifestyles, in part, because they are less likely to care less about the welfare of others (a motivation for engaging in healthy pandemic lifestyles in the service of public health), more likely to hold authoritarian beliefs (which emphasize the perspectives of one charismatic leader who happens to disagree with public health recommendations), and less likely to perceive the pandemic as threatening to themselves and to the broader society,” Hill told PsyPost.

    Interestingly, right-wing media consumption, by itself, was unrelated to COVID-19 health behaviors, empathic concern, and perceived pandemic threat. However, right-wing media consumption was indirectly associated with riskier pandemic lifestyles via heightened authoritarian beliefs.
    https://www.psypost.org/2022/10/redu...festyles-64007

  4. #22909
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    108,213
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Lower empathy partially explains why political conservatism is associated with riskier pandemic lifestyles



    https://www.psypost.org/2022/10/redu...festyles-64007
    Yep and you see this in all sorts of areas. Look at acceptance of black or gay people for example. Many conservatives tend to be more hostile to them until someone enters their own family. A grandchild marries a black person and then the older aunts/uncles/grandparents/etc are exposed to a real life black or gay person and then they realize they are just people. Something has to affect them before they will give a ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!
    ___

    Please remember not to reply to me if I'm not replying to you...you know who you are.

  5. #22910
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    108,213
    No surprises that the COVID deniers are saying the stupid...

    https://arstechnica.com/science/2022...total-garbage/
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!
    ___

    Please remember not to reply to me if I'm not replying to you...you know who you are.

  6. #22911
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    108,213
    It's really weird how conservative Americans are all gungho about how people coming from Central/South America must follow all our immigration laws and rules. And yet they are the ones complaining about how Canadians are being restricted from coming here due to not getting a COVID vaccine. It's so weird how the expectation of people who are a tad paler isn't to follow the laws and rules of our country.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!
    ___

    Please remember not to reply to me if I'm not replying to you...you know who you are.

  7. #22912
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,781
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    It's really weird how conservative Americans are all gungho about how people coming from Central/South America must follow all our immigration laws and rules. And yet they are the ones complaining about how Canadians are being restricted from coming here due to not getting a COVID vaccine. It's so weird how the expectation of people who are a tad paler isn't to follow the laws and rules of our country.
    Also interesting how these vigilante wannabes are camping out near voting sites with full face masks but were part of the same groups fighting against masks at the start of the pandemic.

  8. #22913
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    108,213
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    Also interesting how these vigilante wannabes are camping out near voting sites with full face masks but were part of the same groups fighting against masks at the start of the pandemic.
    Well yea there's that too...
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!
    ___

    Please remember not to reply to me if I'm not replying to you...you know who you are.

  9. #22914
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    8,005
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  10. #22915
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    108,213
    A poor decision that will lead to higher costs for the New York.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!
    ___

    Please remember not to reply to me if I'm not replying to you...you know who you are.

  11. #22916
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    19,717
    Well, that will be fine and dandy if another more potent pandemic occurs. Got to protect personal rights over public safety. Why do I feel like I am in a lifeboat with fools with guns?
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

    Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences.

    Robert Louis Stevenson

  12. #22917
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    20,719
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

  13. #22918
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    66,754
    Morons unite!

  14. #22919
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    20,719
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Well, that will be fine and dandy if another more potent pandemic occurs. Got to protect personal rights over public safety. Why do I feel like I am in a lifeboat with fools with guns?
    Sureeee. The vaccine didn't, doesn't and won't stop the spread of covid. How in the hell is this forgoing public safety in favor of protecting personal rights? You might want to make sure that lifeboat isn't actually already at the bottom of the lake.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

  15. #22920
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    48,655
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Sureeee. The vaccine didn't, doesn't and won't stop the spread of covid. How in the hell is this forgoing public safety in favor of protecting personal rights? You might want to make sure that lifeboat isn't actually already at the bottom of the lake.
    It’s just coincidence all the states with the lowest vaccination rates also have the highest Covid mortality rates.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •