Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1528 of 1541 FirstFirst ... 5281028142814781518152615271528152915301538 ... LastLast
Results 22,906 to 22,920 of 23104
    What a weird position for a GQP politician to be in. If you support vaccines and health measures like masks then you risk losing votes because your base, which you turned into a psycho cult, will revolt. If you don't support vaccines and health measures like masks then you risk losing votes because a good chunk of your voter base will either die or not be healthy enough to vote.

Great strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    What a weird position for a GQP politician to be in. If you support vaccines and health measures like masks then you risk losing votes because your base, which you turned into a psycho cult, will revolt. If you don't support vaccines and health measures like masks then you risk losing votes because a good chunk of your voter base will either die or not be healthy enough to vote.

Great strategy.
    It's why they're moving at light speed to enshrine minority rule even further.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!
    ___

Please remember not to reply to me if I'm not replying to you...you know who you are.

Lower empathy partially explains why political conservatism is associated with riskier pandemic lifestyles

Hill and his colleagues found that people who scored higher on the measures of political conservatism tended to have lower empathic concern and perceived the pandemic as less threatening. They also tended to more strongly endorse authoritarian beliefs and were less likely to adhere to COVID-19 health recommendations.

The findings held even after controlling for potentially confounding variables such as age, sex, race/ethnicity, nativity, southern residence, rural residence, education, employment status, household income, financial strain, marital status, the presence of children, and religiosity. Importantly, the researchers also found evidence that empathic concern, authoritarian beliefs, and perceived pandemic threat mediated the relationship between political conservatism and COVID-19 health behaviors.

“Political conservatives tend to engage in riskier pandemic lifestyles, in part, because they are less likely to care less about the welfare of others (a motivation for engaging in healthy pandemic lifestyles in the service of public health), more likely to hold authoritarian beliefs (which emphasize the perspectives of one charismatic leader who happens to disagree with public health recommendations), and less likely to perceive the pandemic as threatening to themselves and to the broader society,” Hill told PsyPost.

Interestingly, right-wing media consumption, by itself, was unrelated to COVID-19 health behaviors, empathic concern, and perceived pandemic threat. However, right-wing media consumption was indirectly associated with riskier pandemic lifestyles via heightened authoritarian beliefs.
    https://www.psypost.org/2022/10/redu...festyles-64007

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Lower empathy partially explains why political conservatism is associated with riskier pandemic lifestyles

https://www.psypost.org/2022/10/redu...festyles-64007
    Yep and you see this in all sorts of areas. Look at acceptance of black or gay people for example. Many conservatives tend to be more hostile to them until someone enters their own family. A grandchild marries a black person and then the older aunts/uncles/grandparents/etc are exposed to a real life black or gay person and then they realize they are just people. Something has to affect them before they will give a ****.
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    ___

Please remember not to reply to me if I'm not replying to you...you know who you are.

No surprises that the COVID deniers are saying the stupid...

https://arstechnica.com/science/2022...total-garbage/
    ___

It's really weird how conservative Americans are all gungho about how people coming from Central/South America must follow all our immigration laws and rules. And yet they are the ones complaining about how Canadians are being restricted from coming here due to not getting a COVID vaccine. It's so weird how the expectation of people who are a tad paler isn't to follow the laws and rules of our country.
    ___

It's really weird how conservative Americans are all gungho about how people coming from Central/South America must follow all our immigration laws and rules. And yet they are the ones complaining about how Canadians are being restricted from coming here due to not getting a COVID vaccine. It's so weird how the expectation of people who are a tad paler isn't to follow the laws and rules of our country.
    Also interesting how these vigilante wannabes are camping out near voting sites with full face masks but were part of the same groups fighting against masks at the start of the pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    Also interesting how these vigilante wannabes are camping out near voting sites with full face masks but were part of the same groups fighting against masks at the start of the pandemic.
    Well yea there's that too...
    ___

My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

A poor decision that will lead to higher costs for the New York.
    ___

Well, that will be fine and dandy if another more potent pandemic occurs. Got to protect personal rights over public safety. Why do I feel like I am in a lifeboat with fools with guns?
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences.

Robert Louis Stevenson

GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Morons unite!

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Well, that will be fine and dandy if another more potent pandemic occurs. Got to protect personal rights over public safety. Why do I feel like I am in a lifeboat with fools with guns?
    Sureeee. The vaccine didn't, doesn't and won't stop the spread of covid. How in the hell is this forgoing public safety in favor of protecting personal rights? You might want to make sure that lifeboat isn't actually already at the bottom of the lake.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Sureeee. The vaccine didn't, doesn't and won't stop the spread of covid. How in the hell is this forgoing public safety in favor of protecting personal rights? You might want to make sure that lifeboat isn't actually already at the bottom of the lake.
    It’s just coincidence all the states with the lowest vaccination rates also have the highest Covid mortality rates.