Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1489 of 1527 FirstFirst ... 489989138914391479148714881489149014911499 ... LastLast
Results 22,321 to 22,335 of 22902
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Yes they do. A friend of mine lives in KC and told me that they have several guys that use ambulances as taxicabs. They call for an ambulance to take them to a hospital close to their favorite bar, another to get them to a hospital near their friends' houses and another to get them to a hospital near their home.
    One of my buddies was an emt in Brooklyn. The stories are unbelievable. He said they'd deal with the same crackhead lady on a nightly basis. First name basis and all of that. She'd **** her pants, call 911, and then they'd have to go drive out to her and clean her up. The amazing thing is, he said half the time they'd end up picking her up from some dude's house. Hard to imagine someone was actually having sex with that thing.

I asked him what the most ridiculous calls he would get were. He told me it was a code xxx, forget the name, not sure if it was slang or an official code. Essentially, it was to help someone sit up in bed. He said you would never believe how often he had to do this.

I said how much does that cost, and he just laughed and said they're not ****ing paying for it.
    He also pointed out that most of the apartments were government housing with incredible waterfront views.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    One of my buddies was an emt in Brooklyn. The stories are unbelievable. He said they'd deal with the same crackhead lady on a nightly basis. First name basis and all of that. She'd **** her pants, call 911, and then they'd have to go drive out to her and clean her up. The amazing thing is, he said half the time they'd end up picking her up from some dude's house. Hard to imagine someone was actually having sex with that thing.

I asked him what the most ridiculous calls he would get were. He told me it was a code xxx, forget the name, not sure if it was slang or an official code. Essentially, it was to help someone sit up in bed. He said you would never believe how often he had to do this.

I said how much does that cost, and he just laughed and said they're not ****ing paying for it.
    He also pointed out that most of the apartments were government housing with incredible waterfront views.
    Its been a while since you've been back to NYC I see because most NYCHA housing are buildings out of the 1960s and 70s that constantly have issues with no heat in the winter, no air conditioning in the summer, and running water problems. They're not in great neighborhoods either aside from Alphabet City and Harlem.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Its been a while since you've been back to NYC I see because most NYCHA housing are buildings out of the 1960s and 70s that constantly have issues with no heat in the winter, no air conditioning in the summer, and running water problems. They're not in great neighborhoods either aside from Alphabet City and Harlem.
    Trust me, I'm not saying they haven't completely run them into the ground. It's absolutely a ghetto. This is in Coney and as of last three years.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Trust me, I'm not saying they haven't completely run them into the ground. It's absolutely a ghetto. This is in Coney and as of last three years.
    It's not all the people living there. The city itself also does a **** job of maintaining the buildings. Coney Island has a nice view and the boardwalk but that's it major selling point.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    It's not all the people living there. The city itself also does a **** job of maintaining the buildings. Coney Island has a nice view and the boardwalk but that's it major selling point.
    My friend lives in Coney, too. That's why he was joking about the view.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    How is that possible? A trip in an ambulance costs a fortune. When my brother broke his leg while we were playing football, a friend called an ambulance and we put him in the back of a truck and drove him to the hospital ourself to avoid paying for an ambulance ride.
    ER visits also cost a lot, but we have frequent flyers all the time. And when I say frequent flyers, I mean 15-20 ER visits per year. Safe to say that none of these people are paying a dime toward their healthcare bills.

How is that possible? A trip in an ambulance costs a fortune. When my brother broke his leg while we were playing football, a friend called an ambulance and we put him in the back of a truck and drove him to the hospital ourself to avoid paying for an ambulance ride.
    Medicare and Medicaid pay for the entire trip in some states. Ambulances are reimbursed at decent rates by insurance companies just to avoid what you just described. It is always better to have professionals transport someone than amateurs. When my wife was dying, I called the ambulance to get her to the hospital rather than driving her myself. As a healthcare professional, I could have lost my license had I not done so. And by the way, a helicopter ride from Marshalltown, Ia. to Iowa City cost over 33K, of which I paid 12K out of pocket.

Fingerbang is right about ERs eating a lot of costs. Public hospitals cannot refuse to treat anyone, regardless of their ability to pay for the services. One night when we were running a few people to the local hospital, I overheard a couple of nurses talking about the CT scans and MRIs they did on people that would never pay for them. I can't recall how much those scans cost, but it is quite a bit. Perhaps Jack could tell us.

Since we the American people seem to be paying for all these ridiculous medical trips anyways, wouldn't it be awesome if we were doing that but also receiving free healthcare?

Since we the American people seem to be paying for all these ridiculous medical trips anyways, wouldn't it be awesome if we were doing that but also receiving free healthcare?
    Then we could do something about all that mental health people are always trying to deflect attention to so we won't talk about guns.

But instead we'll just do nothing about both, because freedom.

"It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

Novavax may get authorization for it's 2-dose vaccine soon. It is currently authorized in Japan, Europe, Australia and by the WHO.
    https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/coro...thers/2815903/

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Novavax may get authorization for it's 2-dose vaccine soon. It is currently authorized in Japan, Europe, Australia and by the WHO.
    https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/coro...thers/2815903/
    That’s the non-mRNA right?

Just saw where many technicians and scientists are resigning from CDC and other health agencies because they are embarrassed about the lack of science and downright lies put out by their leadership about Covid and other viruses.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    Just saw where many technicians and scientists are resigning from CDC and other health agencies because they are embarrassed about the lack of science and downright lies put out by their leadership about Covid and other viruses.
    Oh man I had better tell my wives: Salma Hayek and Beyoncé!

Oh wait you’re doing that thing again like you always do where you lie through your teeth!

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    link?
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52