Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1488 of 1527 FirstFirst ... 488988138814381478148614871488148914901498 ... LastLast
Results 22,306 to 22,320 of 22894
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    That is how it was sold initially. Everyone was supposed to be covered.
    I guess not.
    ERs are required to provide care for all people regardless of their ability to pay for it.
    As one who works in emergency medicine (I work for local ambulance services), I see the people I'm talking about. They obviously do not take their healthcare seriously. The only time they see a Dr. is when they are sick or hurt. A farmer I knew well died recently of cancer that should have been caught long before it was. He denied being sick until about a week before he died.
    You don't think the fact that many can't afford health insurance or medical costs has anything to do with why people don't seek medical care until it's too late?

Of course that is a reason. That doesn't change my stance on Obamacare, however. It was supposed to "fix" the problem. That doesn't change my stance on some people who deny their maladies until it's too late to do anything about them, either.
    I see things like this regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I wonder if it could perhaps be indicative of the fact that they can't afford a doctor.
    Savages!

That is how it was sold initially. Everyone was supposed to be covered.
    I guess not.
    ERs are required to provide care for all people regardless of their ability to pay for it.
    As one who works in emergency medicine (I work for local ambulance services), I see the people I'm talking about. They obviously do not take their healthcare seriously. The only time they see a Dr. is when they are sick or hurt. A farmer I knew well died recently of cancer that should have been caught long before it was. He denied being sick until about a week before he died.
    And then Republicans in Congress and the Trump Admin removed the penalty under the individual mandate; think that may've had some effect?

"It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    And then Republicans in Congress and the Trump Admin removed the penalty under the individual mandate; think that may've had some effect?
    I'm talking about situations that happened before Trump was elected. Too many people fell between the cracks in the system.

This is the archive of the White House page for the ACA. Nowhere in it is the claim that everyone would be insured.

"It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

I'm talking about situations that happened before Trump was elected. Too many people fell between the cracks in the system.
    Sure. No one said the ACA was perfect. Hillary Clinton literally ran on improving and expanding it.

And this was Obama talking about the ACA earlier this year:

But the reason we're here today is because President Biden, Vice President Harris, everybody who has worked on this thing understood from the start that the ACA wasn't perfect. To get the bill passed, we had to make compromises. We didn't get everything we wanted. That wasn't a reason not to do it. If you can get millions of people health coverage and better protection, it is—to quote a famous American—a pretty "big deal." [Laughter] That's what it is.
    That's why it wasn't billed as "universal health care." It was never going to be universal.

I wonder if it could perhaps be indicative of the fact that they can't afford a doctor.
    A lot of PCPs won't take Medicaid, so they have difficulty finding doctors and also dentists.

Yes they do. A friend of mine lives in KC and told me that they have several guys that use ambulances as taxicabs. They call for an ambulance to take them to a hospital close to their favorite bar, another to get them to a hospital near their friends' houses and another to get them to a hospital near their home.
    I probably wouldn't believe this if I didn't witness similar stories myself, but I have seen this happen as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    A lot of PCPs won't take Medicaid, so they have difficulty finding doctors and also dentists.
    I wonder if the government has any ways of forcing people to take Medicaid.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!

The funny thing about the GQP here is that they say liberals live in fear....lol

I got vaccinated and boosted and I still wear a mask. I don't live in fear. My family still travels for vacation, we still go to the movies, restaurants, shopping, etc. We live our lives and do so in a healthy way.

We're not the ones crying about a piece of cloth on our face. And let's not forget all the patriots who refused the jab and then cried on their deathbed: https://www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward/

Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    The funny thing about the GQP here is that they say liberals live in fear....lol

I got vaccinated and boosted and I still wear a mask. I don't live in fear. My family still travels for vacation, we still go to the movies, restaurants, shopping, etc. We live our lives and do so in a healthy way.

We're not the ones crying about a piece of cloth on our face. And let's not forget all the patriots who refused the jab and then cried on their deathbed: https://www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward/
    You're the coolest person ever. I mean...ever.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Not nearly as cool as the slack-jawed hero who purposely tried to catch COVID-19 while constantly proclaiming to everyone that would listen that "iT's ThE fLu".

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I probably wouldn't believe this if I didn't witness similar stories myself, but I have seen this happen as well.
    How is that possible? A trip in an ambulance costs a fortune. When my brother broke his leg while we were playing football, a friend called an ambulance and we put him in the back of a truck and drove him to the hospital ourself to avoid paying for an ambulance ride.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    How is that possible? A trip in an ambulance costs a fortune. When my brother broke his leg while we were playing football, a friend called an ambulance and we put him in the back of a truck and drove him to the hospital ourself to avoid paying for an ambulance ride.