Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 133 of 375 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 5624
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Today, the US hit an interesting milestone: we reached 120,000 confirmed dead from COVID-19. Based on modeling presented in March, that is twice the number from the best-case scenario (60K) and half the number of worst-case scenario (240K).

Keep in mind, however, that these models draw out to the “end of the summer.”

https://reason.com/2020/05/01/covid-...end-of-summer/
    I guess if anything, it shows how we’ve handled this somewhere in the middle. Between legislation and the fact that every state does things/is structured differently, while saddened by the deaths, I’m relieved that such a inconsistent response by most of the country has resulted in a sort of ‘normal’ outcome based off of the numbers.

I do think opening up before there’s a vaccine will lead us to be on the higher end of death for this virus. A place like NYC can’t open past phase 2 without risking getting everyone sick...it seems like things will calm down a bit but I’m fully expecting a huge spike by October/November.

I don’t think cases will be as high as they were in March/April until then...but I fear that a lot of people will presume COVID to be over because they’re done with it, and that the virus will have an even bigger spike.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Arnold Schwarzenegger: Anyone making COVID-19 masks a 'political issue is an absolute moron'

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/3219308001

so then you would agree that criticism of My Pillow Mike Lindell was unnecessary/stupid? when he was using his company to make masks.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Florida saw 4000 new cases, great job deSantis on reopening so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Could be because they are testing so many people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Nope.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/...states/florida

If I'm not mistaken, a larger than previous percentage of new positives are among younger people- 18-34 age group. If that's related to protests, it will only go up. However, some states are increasing testing numbers, yet positive cases are declining.

Younger people have often been less concerned about getting the virus, because so many have barely gotten sick or even been asymptomatic...........yet there have been plenty of cases where younger people, some who didn't even know they were infected, have died of strokes.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    I guess if anything, it shows how we’ve handled this somewhere in the middle. Between legislation and the fact that every state does things/is structured differently, while saddened by the deaths, I’m relieved that such a inconsistent response by most of the country has resulted in a sort of ‘normal’ outcome based off of the numbers.

I do think opening up before there’s a vaccine will lead us to be on the higher end of death for this virus. A place like NYC can’t open past phase 2 without risking getting everyone sick...it seems like things will calm down a bit but I’m fully expecting a huge spike by October/November.

I don’t think cases will be as high as they were in March/April until then...but I fear that a lot of people will presume COVID to be over because they’re done with it, and that the virus will have an even bigger spike.
    Every time you turn on the TV or radio there is another twist to the Corona Virus.

Mask / no mask

Indoors / outdoors

NYC needs 20,000 ventilators…until they don't

Hospital ship is needed…until it isn't

Thousand of beds created in Central Park field hospital and Javits Center…unused

kids can't get it / then kids get it

Contagious…but not as contagious as we thought

You can't touch metal / you can touch metal

Not all that contagious just walking past someone or during a brief contact

Summer will kill it / summer didn't kill it

this model / that model

10s of thousands will die / 100s of thousands will die / millions will die / not that many will die as a % of the pop

two weeks ago the Fouch said 100 million vaccine doses will be available by September…haven't heard anything since. (and what happened to that nice lady with the scarf?)

Trump said on Hannity Wednesday it was fading away…he's the only one who thinks so. Also said a vaccine by the end of the year.

Hydrohatever is good and effective / Hydrowhatever is useless

There is another cheap drug out there that works that only FOX News (GASP!!!) seems to know about

Protests don't seem to be a problem. They're OK / but a Trump rally is akin to murder. (Has anyone looked into the connection of smashing a window preventing COVID? Might be worth a look. I'll pass this on to the Fouch.)

and on and on

Shutting down seems to be a waste of time. I'm coming to the conclusion that all this will come down to is just riding out the storm. Some of us will get sick, some of us are already sick. A small number of us will die.

Biden will win in November and get credit for the vaccine that comes along a year from now.

Every time you turn on the TV or radio there is another twist to the Corona Virus....

Shutting down seems to be a waste of time. I'm coming to the conclusion that all this will come down to is just riding out the storm. Some of us will get sick, some of us are already sick. A small number of us will die.
    There it is, folks — straight from the horse’s.....

Small number being 120,000.

Yep.

More tests given, more people will be found infected. They could stop giving tests and have great numbers.

Point is that states that opened up knew that the numbers would rise. They would have to. That has happened, But far more people are being tested. I know of a dozen people that were tested. A month and a half ago I did not know anyone who was tested.

Some people think that the treatment (everyone stay home) for months was worse than the disease itself … so open up and have more people get sick. They may have been right, Time will tell.

People in the admin know that $$$ would eventually run out and having everyone continue to stay home would make matters far worse economically for far more people. And this was before the George Floyd mess.

If you're sitting home with a guaranteed income (and it sounds like you might be) it is awfully hard to understand what it is like for people without that luxury. Now you can (and probably will) consider dying as the alternative and you would be right. But, again, you are speaking as someone who lives comfortably with income still rolling in.

Opening up and getting people out us a huge morale booster for many and does allow people to have some sort of income and control over their lives. Makes many feel like they are humans again. And I can't argue that point with them…I get it. And some more will die in the process.

I've said this before…economically, the worst is yet to come. Those in government realize this and are trying to mitigate it by loosening up. Maybe another payoff is on the way. But you can't just keep paying us off.

I don't think the public grasps this.

And your suggestion is……………

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Small number being 120,000.
    And your suggestion is…………

COVID-19 Response: An issue that shouldn't be at all political....yet here we are

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    so then you would agree that criticism of My Pillow Mike Lindell was unnecessary/stupid? when he was using his company to make masks.
    I think people mainly made fun of Trump for turning Presidental news conferences into a infomercials. My Pillow guy was just the height of surrealness at that time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 06-19-2020 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Read the three posts, and then look at the graph I provided. Florida's recent increases in cases (this is what were were referencing) is not a result of increased testing.

Straightforward.

And your suggestion is……………
    Follow the advice of the scientists and not the politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I think people many made fun of Trump for turning a Presidental news conferences into a infomercials. My Pillow guy was just the height of surrealness at that time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The My Pillow Guy made a contribution to help ease the pandemic. And he was one of many business owners that has done so. What exactly, is the big joke????

And now you can tell us what you have done to help.

…………

And why all the controversy over the My Pillow Guy when it is just oh so honorable for all those companies to donate to the BLM movement and bail collections???? Why make fun of one and not the other.