Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 129 of 1050 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229629 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 15746
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Is that really the law in California? That intentionally infecting someone with aids isnít a crime?
    I think it was. If I am not mistaking Flip was talking about it. It was a chargeable act but they repeal it for some reason. A streetwalker was charged in Missouri for knowingly passing it to her customers.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I think it was. If I am not mistaking Flip was talking about it. It was a chargeable act but they repeal it for some reason. A streetwalker was charged in Missouri for knowingly passing it to her customers.
    Well I did some quick research and itís still a crime

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...amp/ncna809416

The bill I believe he is referring to reduced the penalty for knowingly transmitting HIV from a felony to a misdemeanor. The reasoning for this change was HIV was the only disease for which knowingly transmitting it was a felony, all other cases were a misdemeanor, so the belief was this was intentionally targeting the LGBQT community.

Been a long time coming ó that headline.

Alright I think that Texas will start taking coronavirus more seriously. Trump says it's a hoax, but now that Zeke Elliot along with several Cowboy and Texan players tested positive, that might actually move the needle.

Good news is that no one seems to be in too big a health risk right now.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Alright I think that Texas will start taking coronavirus more seriously. Trump says it's a hoax, but now that Zeke Elliot along with several Cowboy and Texan players tested positive, that might actually move the needle.

Good news is that no one seems to be in too big a health risk right now.
    But what's crazy, is that it will likely take a young, fit athlete exactly like Zeke to die from COVID-19 in order to convince just some Republicans that the virus is legit. Too many of them still think this is all made up and a death like that MIGHT finally convince some people.

Obviously I hope that never happens, but it's probably the only way some will realize it's serious.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    But what's crazy, is that it will likely take a young, fit athlete exactly like Zeke to die from COVID-19 in order to convince just some Republicans that the virus is legit. Too many of them still think this is all made up and a death like that MIGHT finally convince some people.

Obviously I hope that never happens, but it's probably the only way some will realize it's serious.
    This drives me crazy....how is this partisan, how is it only 'some Republicans' that aren't yet convinced the virus is legit? I GUARANTEE, without media spin, there are just as many Democrats not taking it seriously. I live in a very Republican state...and one that, outside of our largest city, has had very little for positive tests...we all still know it's serious.

**not directed at you whatsoever...just see this kinda thing everywhere
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    This drives me crazy....how is this partisan, how is it only 'some Republicans' that aren't yet convinced the virus is legit? I GUARANTEE, without media spin, there are just as many Democrats not taking it seriously. I live in a very Republican state...and one that, outside of our largest city, has had very little for positive tests...we all still know it's serious.
    I am not republican, but I live in South Georgia where 90% of my friends are hard core Republicans, and my wife's entire family living in Ohio is very republican. Not a single one thinks the virus is legit. The only few people I know who are democrat down here are the only ones that care.

So I'm sorry and I don't mean to offend, but from what I see, and the amount of people I know who are republican vs democrat, my statement is pretty damn accurate. Also looking through posts of Facebook friends, it's only the republicans who post stuff about the virus being overblown.

The fact remains, the majority of conspiracy theorists are Republican... And many go as far as saying when the vaccine comes out it will be so they can plant a tracker inside you.

It's a pretty crazy conspiracy but the only constant I've found is Republicans.

I think most everyone ó regardless of political affiliation ó knows on some level that the virus is serious. But there seems also to be a kind of inhibitor at work (cognitive dissonance?), probably involving our desperate need for normalcy, so many donít allow that deep knowledge to affect their conscious activity.

Actually, Iím probably throwing out total bull crap, but it kind of sounds plausible.
    Last edited by Crovash; 06-16-2020 at 02:08 PM.

Each of our views is going to be impacted by the people, the immediate world around us...yours is that the Republicans you know and see are far more likely to think the virus is overblown. Mine is nothing like that, but then in MY current little world, I'm high risk, my boss and his wife (also good friends) are higher risk, and even tho I've literally not been within 40 miles of more than 10 active cases at any one time, I seldom enter their house and IF I do, it's brief and with a mask on...because tho I'm high risk, I've done the bulk of their shopping/pickups since early March. We take it seriously, but also understand life does need to still go on...so, while we were largely shut down for a couple weeks, it was only a couple weeks- nobody lost a paycheck, nobody laid off.

Some of this reminds me of a quote by Tommy Lee Jones in Men in Black
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post

**not directed at you whatsoever...just see this kinda thing everywhere
    There does seem to be a political divide on the topic. Way too many Republicans are buying in to mindless conspiracies about the virus being little more than a ploy for the liberal media and the Democrat party to take down poor, poor Trump.

https://twitter.com/texastribune/sta...502929925?s=21

So the guy that rushed the state to open up its mad that young people are getting COVID because mmmmm let me see they went out about their life because mmmmm the state was open for business again.

Ok boomer.

Anyone else see Trump talking about these smart scientists who developed the AIDS vaccine as a reason to give us hope of a COVID-19 vaccine? Then he realizes he messed up and just babbles on and makes himself look like more of an idiot... Dumbest president in history, and my dumbass voted for him.

Won't make that mistake again, and hopefully there's enough people who see how stupid he is, and dangerous to our country.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Anyone else see Trump talking about these smart scientists who developed the AIDS vaccine as a reason to give us hope of a COVID-19 vaccine? Then he realizes he messed up and just babbles on and makes himself look like more of an idiot... Dumbest president in history, and my dumbass voted for him.

Won't make that mistake again, and hopefully there's enough people who see how stupid he is, and dangerous to our country.
    At lest you recognize your mistake.

At least youíre not part of the cult.

China races to contain a second wave of coronavirus cases in Beijing

The new coronavirus outbreak in Beijing grew to 106 cases Tuesday, with 29 communities in the sprawling Chinese capital back on lockdown. Health officials confirmed another 27 COVID-19 cases on Tuesday, a smaller increase than in previous days but still a worrying resurgence after Beijing enjoyed almost two months without a single new infection.

Yet again, a coronavirus outbreak in China is linked to a food market. The vast Xinfadi wholesale market is at the epicenter of the country's latest battle against COVID-19.

The size of more than 250 football fields, Xinfadi claims to be the biggest wholesale food market in Asia, supplying up to 80% of the meat and vegetables to the capital's 22 million people.

Authorities moved quickly, erecting barricades to isolate neighborhoods known to heave infected people while launching a massive testing campaign targeting all of the market's workers, recent visitors and anyone they came into contact with ó up to 200,000 people, on top of the 90,000 residents who live in the surrounding neighborhoods.

At least as many people were also back on lockdown across Beijing by Tuesday. Authorities placed massive housing blocks under quarantine. Food deliveries were blocked from going no further than perimeter roadblocks.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/china-c...ay-2020-06-16/