Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 127 of 1137 FirstFirst ... 27771171251261271281291371772276271127 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 17055
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    In Texas and Georgia? No, especially since these numbers are a few weeks out. These are probably the result of those states opening up too soon.

Don’t worry though, we are going to be seeing spikes in states like Minnesota and Washington as a result of these protests, probably in the next couple weeks.
    I wouldn't be to sure about that, the cases have been spiking these past couple weeks, and the protests/riots have been going on during that time. Makes too much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    I wouldn't be to sure about that, the cases have been spiking these past couple weeks, and the protests/riots have been going on during that time. Makes too much sense.
    It only makes sense to someone who doesn’t know what they’re talking about. The spikes from transmission are generally seen roughly 2 weeks after infections because that’s when symptoms develop.

Like I said, I predict we’re going to see a big spike in cases in 1-2 weeks as a result of these protests. But the spikes were seeing today are from roughly 2 weeks ago.

This is pretty basic knowledge lol

Not really. There will likely be a bigger spike coming as a side effect of these protests and people being more and more lax about their distancing.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It only makes sense to someone who doesn’t know what they’re talking about. The spikes from transmission are generally seen roughly 2 weeks after infections because that’s when symptoms develop.

Like I said, I predict we’re going to see a big spike in cases in 1-2 weeks as a result of these protests. But the spikes were seeing today are from roughly 2 weeks ago.

This is pretty basic knowledge lol
    How long does it take for COVID-19 symptoms to appear?

The respiratory symptoms of COVID-19 typically appear an average of 5-6 days after exposure, but may appear in as few as 2 days or as long as 14 days after exposure, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

The protests began 10 plus days ago, right in line with spikes across the nation.
    And I agree, we probably will continue to see spikes if these protests continue.

How long does it take for COVID-19 symptoms to appear?

The respiratory symptoms of COVID-19 typically appear an average of 5-6 days after exposure, but may appear in as few as 2 days or as long as 14 days after exposure, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

The protests began 10 plus days ago, right in line with spikes across the nation.
    And I agree, we probably will continue to see spikes if these protests continue.
    Well look at the areas of Intense protesting:

Seattle
    Minneapolis
    NYC

Now look at the states that started re-opening soonest:

Texas
    Florida
    Georgia

Now look at the current spikes:

Texas
    Florida
    Georgia

Doesn’t take a doctor to figure out the places that are spiking just so happen to be the places where they re-opened.

Are they "spikes" as much as just increased numbers? We know with re opening the numbers will rise, we just trying to do it in a manner to not overwhelm the medical system.

Maybe these increased numbers are still below the threshold of acceptable.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Keep in mind that raw numbers may be skewed simply because there is more testing that is happening. So, you test 100 people and get 10 positives or test 200 and get 15 positives. The epidemiologists are more concerned now looking at the percentage of those tested who test positive (and, of course, hospitalizations and deaths). In Arizona, for example, that % has definitely spiked in the last week.

Let 'em die. Let's get this money, yo!

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Are they "spikes" as much as just increased numbers? We know with re opening the numbers will rise, we just trying to do it in a manner to not overwhelm the medical system.

What I meant was a large increase in numbers, I don’t know if they’re overwhelming the medical care or not. Though Houston’s Mayor is contemplating going back into quarantine because of the spike.

Trump: It's Your Fault If You Get the Coronavirus at My Rallies, Please Sign Here

Certified brain genius Donald Trump, apparently troubled not by the roughly 115,000 Americans dead from the coronavirus pandemic but instead by his plummeting poll numbers, has begun planning to hold densely packed campaign rallies in some of the states where the virus is raging its hardest. That’s right: The plan is to cram tens of thousands of Trump’s predominantly older supporters right alongside the anti-mask caucus, with lots of yelling.

What could possibly go wrong? The Trump campaign’s answer: Not our problem—**** off and die. According to a report by CNN, attendees who RSVP to his Juneteenth rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma, are being prompted to promise they will not sue Trump if they contract the coronavirus at the event. A prompt displayed to registrants before they can claim a spot asks them to agree that they accept the “inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present.” It adds:

By attending the Rally, you and any guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold Donald J. Trump for President, Inc.; BOK Center; ASM Global; or any of their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, or volunteers liable for any illness or injury.

The Tulsa venue where the rally is scheduled to be held, BOK Center, is indoors. The risk of “superspreading,” in which a small number of infected individuals transmits the illness to many others, is known to be highest in crowded indoor spaces. Official Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines urged people to “stay out of crowded places and avoid mass gatherings” with no ambiguity whatsoever—least until Friday, when that language was removed alongside new CDC guidelines on mass gatherings.
    https://gizmodo.com/trump-its-your-f...-my-1844015532

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post

That's what's happening in Texas. Overall over the last couple months the beds have been generally below 60% occupancy, they are now above that but not maxing them out.

I expect the protests not to have a major effect among protesters since they are mostly younger, but them going to visit their parents or older people they work with may well cause a significant jump.

I still feel like people think in the next week or so this whole thing will suddenly be over. I listened to an interview on the radio of a woman who is part of a team working on a vaccine and she said she'd be surprised if there is one ready in the next 6 months, she said another year was more realistic. It may be sooner, but it may be longer. We need to find a new normal that keeps us stable.

No luck finding a single thing to back up your claim that it would have been against the state's constitution to continue with SIP ordinances any longer than they did in Texas I take it?

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    No luck finding a single thing to back up your claim that it would have been against the state's constitution to continue with SIP ordinances any longer than they did in Texas I take it?
    I just don't care anymore. I could probably find it, but I don't want to spend the time.

Oh, cool. That's convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Oh, cool. That's convenient.
    No, just burnt out on it.