Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 126 of 726 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226626 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 10886
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    You don't think people allow fear to make decisions?
    Did I say that? No.

Fear of negative PR drives politicians constantly.
    Okay. Again, I didn't say NO decisions are made based on fear.

Where did I deny science?
    I said "people" as in people in general, not specifically you.

The former I read in the paper in April. I'll see if I can find it.

The latter there is no way to support it other than to say that Corona is still a problem so clearly we can have no conclusion yet.
    I was solely referring to your claim about a SIP restriction longer than 30 days being against Texas' state constitution. Good luck finding proof of that.

Seems more like something you're just throwing against the wall because you feel it bolsters your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    This is the kind of 50/50 nonsense I’m talking about that you always try to push.

People have suggested one strategy and some have suggested other strategies? You act like both sides are being equally represented. A single country on earth tried it a different way and now it’s “well there are many different opinions”.

There are several things from which there is virtual unanimity from by experts and professionals. It’s why the administration had to go searching for Doctors to support their position to open the country up, because the vast majority of medical professionals said it was not a good idea.

Stop with this both sides crap for everything and save it for when it’s actually merited.
    ^^^^

If the person coming up with the "answer" doesn't have all the data it's not THE answer, it's an educated guess, and there is no expert in this whole situation. Those people don't exist.
    THE answer? To what?

I'm just contrarian and pedantic and it bugs me when people say "just" anything in an argument. There is nothing "just" about this situation. We don't know far more than we do know ... and no matter what the "just" people say, the economic impact REALLY matters in the ongoing health impact of this pandemic. It also bugs me that the ongoing and increasing psychological toll being taken on people by this is largely dismissed bu the "just" people.
    WTF? This is nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    THE answer? To what?

WTF? This is nonsense.
    Yeah now you know how I feel everytime I try conversing with him.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

WHO "not correct" in suggesting asymptomatic spread of Covid-19 is very rare, Fauci says

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious diseases expert, said the World Health Organization "was not correct" in suggesting Covid-19 transmission from an asymptomatic person to an uninfected person is very rare.

Speaking on ABC's “Good Morning America, Fauci weighed in on the comments from a WHO official who suggested asymptomatic people only rarely spread Covid-19, contradicting guidance from public health organizations, including the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

WHO tried to clarify the remarks the next day by saying asymptomatic spread is "a major unknown."
    "Fauci said WHO "walked that back because there's no evidence to indicate that's the case," and explained evidence shows between 25% to 45% of infected people likely are without symptoms."

"And we know from epidemiological studies they can transmit to someone who is uninfected even when they're without symptoms. So to make a statement, to say that's a rare event, was not correct," Fauci told ABC's Robin Roberts.
    https://edition.cnn.com/world/live-n...541e91534e39bc

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    WHO "not correct" in suggesting asymptomatic spread of Covid-19 is very rare, Fauci says

https://edition.cnn.com/world/live-n...541e91534e39bc
    I believe the doctor behind the comments in the first place said it was taken out of context. She was referring to a group of very small studies.

Yup but of course everyone on social media ran with the initial headline because it supports their wishes of going back to normal and pretending like this ish isn't serious.

Number of Texans hospitalized with coronavirus hits all-time high as experts say cases are likely to continue increasing

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/06...pitalizations/

Number of Texans hospitalized with coronavirus hits all-time high as experts say cases are likely to continue increasing

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/06...pitalizations/
    States that opened up stupidly are suffering. Not states that opened up, just states that did it stupidly.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

'It's serious': South Carolina sees worst spike in COVID-19 cases since pandemic began

https://www.wjcl.com/article/it-s-se...began/32826669

'It's serious': South Carolina sees worst spike in COVID-19 cases since pandemic began

https://www.wjcl.com/article/it-s-se...began/32826669
    But the president said that we have turned it to ashes.

And this is still all first wave....

Wonder if the cases spiking has anything to do with the protesting and rioting that has happened over the past two weeks… Nah, probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    Wonder if the cases spiking has anything to do with the protesting and rioting that has happened over the past two weeks… Nah, probably not.
    In Texas and Georgia? No, especially since these numbers are a few weeks out. These are probably the result of those states opening up too soon.

Don’t worry though, we are going to be seeing spikes in states like Minnesota and Washington as a result of these protests, probably in the next couple weeks.