Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 126 of 726 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226626 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 10886
  1. #1876
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    58,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    You don't think people allow fear to make decisions?
    Did I say that? No.

    Fear of negative PR drives politicians constantly.
    Okay. Again, I didn't say NO decisions are made based on fear.

    Where did I deny science?
    I said "people" as in people in general, not specifically you.

  2. #1877
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    58,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The former I read in the paper in April. I'll see if I can find it.

    The latter there is no way to support it other than to say that Corona is still a problem so clearly we can have no conclusion yet.
    I was solely referring to your claim about a SIP restriction longer than 30 days being against Texas' state constitution. Good luck finding proof of that.

    Seems more like something you're just throwing against the wall because you feel it bolsters your argument.

  3. #1878
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    58,237
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    This is the kind of 50/50 nonsense I’m talking about that you always try to push.

    People have suggested one strategy and some have suggested other strategies? You act like both sides are being equally represented. A single country on earth tried it a different way and now it’s “well there are many different opinions”.

    There are several things from which there is virtual unanimity from by experts and professionals. It’s why the administration had to go searching for Doctors to support their position to open the country up, because the vast majority of medical professionals said it was not a good idea.

    Stop with this both sides crap for everything and save it for when it’s actually merited.
    ^^^^

  4. #1879
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    If the person coming up with the "answer" doesn't have all the data it's not THE answer, it's an educated guess, and there is no expert in this whole situation. Those people don't exist.
    THE answer? To what?



    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I'm just contrarian and pedantic and it bugs me when people say "just" anything in an argument. There is nothing "just" about this situation. We don't know far more than we do know ... and no matter what the "just" people say, the economic impact REALLY matters in the ongoing health impact of this pandemic. It also bugs me that the ongoing and increasing psychological toll being taken on people by this is largely dismissed bu the "just" people.
    WTF? This is nonsense.

  5. #1880
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    5,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    THE answer? To what?





    WTF? This is nonsense.
    Yeah now you know how I feel everytime I try conversing with him.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

    -JFK


  6. #1881
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    58,237
    WHO "not correct" in suggesting asymptomatic spread of Covid-19 is very rare, Fauci says

    Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious diseases expert, said the World Health Organization "was not correct" in suggesting Covid-19 transmission from an asymptomatic person to an uninfected person is very rare.

    Speaking on ABC's “Good Morning America, Fauci weighed in on the comments from a WHO official who suggested asymptomatic people only rarely spread Covid-19, contradicting guidance from public health organizations, including the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

    WHO tried to clarify the remarks the next day by saying asymptomatic spread is "a major unknown."
    "Fauci said WHO "walked that back because there's no evidence to indicate that's the case," and explained evidence shows between 25% to 45% of infected people likely are without symptoms."

    "And we know from epidemiological studies they can transmit to someone who is uninfected even when they're without symptoms. So to make a statement, to say that's a rare event, was not correct," Fauci told ABC's Robin Roberts.
    https://edition.cnn.com/world/live-n...541e91534e39bc

  7. #1882
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    14,563
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    WHO "not correct" in suggesting asymptomatic spread of Covid-19 is very rare, Fauci says



    https://edition.cnn.com/world/live-n...541e91534e39bc
    I believe the doctor behind the comments in the first place said it was taken out of context. She was referring to a group of very small studies.

  8. #1883
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    58,237
    Yup but of course everyone on social media ran with the initial headline because it supports their wishes of going back to normal and pretending like this ish isn't serious.

  9. #1884
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    58,237
    Number of Texans hospitalized with coronavirus hits all-time high as experts say cases are likely to continue increasing

    https://www.texastribune.org/2020/06...pitalizations/

  10. #1885
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    97,683
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Number of Texans hospitalized with coronavirus hits all-time high as experts say cases are likely to continue increasing

    https://www.texastribune.org/2020/06...pitalizations/
    States that opened up stupidly are suffering. Not states that opened up, just states that did it stupidly.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  11. #1886
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    58,237
    'It's serious': South Carolina sees worst spike in COVID-19 cases since pandemic began

    https://www.wjcl.com/article/it-s-se...began/32826669

  12. #1887
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    105,919
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    'It's serious': South Carolina sees worst spike in COVID-19 cases since pandemic began

    https://www.wjcl.com/article/it-s-se...began/32826669
    But the president said that we have turned it to ashes.

  13. #1888
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9,017
    And this is still all first wave....

  14. #1889
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,114
    Wonder if the cases spiking has anything to do with the protesting and rioting that has happened over the past two weeks… Nah, probably not.

  15. #1890
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    39,402
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    Wonder if the cases spiking has anything to do with the protesting and rioting that has happened over the past two weeks… Nah, probably not.
    In Texas and Georgia? No, especially since these numbers are a few weeks out. These are probably the result of those states opening up too soon.

    Don’t worry though, we are going to be seeing spikes in states like Minnesota and Washington as a result of these protests, probably in the next couple weeks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •