Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 123 of 1052 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223623 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 15778
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Opening early is wrong period, liberal or conservative

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Hey Mr Mod, how about you back up that statement with some links?
    1) dont need any source to know that being extra cautious is the smart move. I'm not saying every state needed to approach it the same way.

2) the states that were cautious with the 1918 pandemic were better off. How does it make sense to rush it.

It's common sense, is it not?

Last edited by blams; 06-08-2020 at 11:00 PM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Agreed. You worded it oddly initially though; looked ultra partisan.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Agreed. You worded it oddly initially though; looked ultra partisan.
    I did, indeed. The GOP states were generally opening earlier, but that doesn't mean some liberal ones did as well.

Click here to register!

1) dont need any source to know that being extra cautious is the smart move. I'm not saying every state needed to approach it the same way.

2) the states that were cautious with the 1918 pandemic were better off. How does it make sense to rush it.

That's not what you said in the post I quoted. You have a strange history of this. And still waiting for the links.

That's not what you said in the post I quoted. You have a strange history of this. And still waiting for the links.
    Still waiting to hear from you the appropriate death numbers from this that we can all sit back and laugh together at this all come winter time. I have 2 deaths in mine and my wifeís families so far and my 91 year old grandfather tested positive late last week. Sucks as a diabetic I canít really go see him and risk myself.

Oh but weíll all get a good knee slap at the over reaction of the liberal media right?

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Still waiting to hear from you the appropriate death numbers from this that we can all sit back and laugh together at this all come winter time. I have 2 deaths in mine and my wifeís families so far and my 91 year old grandfather tested positive late last week. Sucks as a diabetic I canít really go see him and risk myself.

Oh but weíll all get a good knee slap at the over reaction of the liberal media right?
    Yeah...saw your post the first time. I chose to ignore it because you're just trying to engage me in nonsensical battering.

I'm very sorry about your losses. That sucks and I feel horrible for you. I'm sure it sucks as much as me experiencing the death of 5 family members lost over a 2 year period to cancer. One of which was my mother. Or my best friend that got decapitated during a car accident at the hands of a drunk driver. Or the father of my son's close friend that died of diabetes complications. Or my oldest brother that died from bleeding ulcers caused by alcoholism.

I hope your grandfather pulls through. The loss of a family member is a horrible experience. I lost my only grandmother 3 months ago to dementia and lost my only grandfather due to multiple strokes and a heart attack 2 years ago. Did I mentiom that my favorite uncle died of leukemia 2.5 months ago? 2 weeks after my grandmother died.

I understand that deaths of family members are a very traumatic experience. I've experienced it more times than anyone I know, and I truly feel horrible for you.

To answer your question, I have no idea. I'm not a professional in the field of pandemic responses. Just being me while you all are being you.

Again, sorry for your losses but I had absolutely nothing to do with them.
    Last edited by dbroncsinmo; 06-09-2020 at 12:09 AM.

What a lame and off topic response.

This isn't a game of "who's had the worst family tragedies". Dude was talking about COVID-19 related deaths (you know, since this is a thread about COVID-19), a topic that you seem to prefer to selfishly brush off as a "no big deal, I'm not gonna let this stop me from doing whatever I want" kind of thing. That's great that no one you know has been affected by this but your situation doesn't define everyone else's.

Typical broncs trying to make it about himself. If the world doesn't revolve around these jokers, nobody else matters. So much second hand embarassment. Just a disgrace.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Any the of the conservative( or liberal) states that opened early did it wrong - no matter how it ends up looking in hindsight.

When you're prioritizing money over lives, you're psychotic.

That's what they did. The numbers have shown that the extra careful states have a better long term economic response to pandemics and the like.
    Did you read what I wrote? What you replied to? Texas HAD to start re-opening by law. The state constitution set the limit at 30 days.

And how have "the numbers" shown a result when we are far from done with this?

What date is the last date that is "early", where the next day is no longer "early"? How was this magic date determined? What date was that date known?

There is nothing "common" about this whole thing. And letting fear drive your decisions doesn't always make the best decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    What a lame and off topic response.

This isn't a game of "who's had the worst family tragedies". Dude was talking about COVID-19 related deaths (you know, since this is a thread about COVID-19), a topic that you seem to prefer to selfishly brush off as a "no big deal, I'm not gonna let this stop me from doing whatever I want" kind of thing. That's great that no one you know has been affected by this but your situation doesn't define everyone else's.
    Didn't seem out of place to me. One person was arguing from a position of loss and the other responded with their basis for perspective.

This whole thing sucks, but nobody has answers. It's all still just guesses.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Texas numbers in graphs

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...rus-cases.html

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Now that I think of it, california been moving forward stages in 2 weeks increments, probably should have been doing at 3 to 4 week increments. Might need to lay low a bit.

Those little jumps in the numbers in Texas aren't something I wanna see here.

*I think earlier it took like 17+ days for stay at home orders to start showing in stats, so 14 day increments to move up phases is too short.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nastynice; 06-09-2020 at 04:05 AM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    There is nothing "common" about this whole thing. And letting fear drive your decisions doesn't always make the best decisions.
    I understand that. Just seems anti-science to not follow the experts step by step the entire way. Which us what states like California, Illinois, New York have done pretty damn well, albeit still succumbing to economic pressures.

So much of the "people just have to live, you'll catch it if you catch it" has only really come from one side.

It isn't about fear at all; it's about following the models from experts.

Click here to register!

Yeah...saw your post the first time. I chose to ignore it because you're just trying to engage me in nonsensical battering.

I'm very sorry about your losses. That sucks and I feel horrible for you. I'm sure it sucks as much as me experiencing the death of 5 family members lost over a 2 year period to cancer. One of which was my mother. Or my best friend that got decapitated during a car accident at the hands of a drunk driver. Or the father of my son's close friend that died of diabetes complications. Or my oldest brother that died from bleeding ulcers caused by alcoholism.

I hope your grandfather pulls through. The loss of a family member is a horrible experience. I lost my only grandmother 3 months ago to dementia and lost my only grandfather due to multiple strokes and a heart attack 2 years ago. Did I mentiom that my favorite uncle died of leukemia 2.5 months ago? 2 weeks after my grandmother died.

I understand that deaths of family members are a very traumatic experience. I've experienced it more times than anyone I know, and I truly feel horrible for you.

To answer your question, I have no idea. I'm not a professional in the field of pandemic responses. Just being me while you all are being you.

Again, sorry for your losses but I had absolutely nothing to do with them.
    It really does suck and I'm sorry to hear about that many losses for you in such a short few years. Nobody here (at least that I know of) would downplay cancer though as a political driver for one side. Same with diabetes. If they did, well **** them. Didn't know me responding to your downplaying of this by sharing what was going on in my life was nonsensical battering though.

I've seen you post that you didn't know anyone affected really by it and that is why it was hard for you to take it seriously. But maybe hearing from someone who has been affected might alter your perception, even in the slightest. I'm curious to know, if cancer spread from one person to the other via respiratory droplets or something, would you take social distancing more serious if it meant it could save at least just 1 of your family members who passed? I'm not trying to equate cancer to Covid by any means here, but the spread of Covid is able to be prevented and is obviously has killed 113k people in just under 3 months (600k/year for Cancer).