Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 122 of 1155 FirstFirst ... 22721121201211221231241321722226221122 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 17315
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Go get a ****ing haircut. Just make sure that the person cutting your hair is wearing a mask and washes their hands prior to the haircut and doesn't have a temperature. All of those options are available when getting a haircut. Utililize them
    Sounds like a bit of a production for a haircut.

My home town was in the national news for that Great Clips fiasco. Not a single person contracted covid from that hair stylist because she was wearing a mask. And she cut the hair of dozens of people.
    What Great Clips fiasco? Not ringing a bell.

That's kinda the misconception about this mask stuff. Wearing the masks that are currently available to the general public do not protect you from contracting covid. But they do protect you from catching it from someone that is wearing a mask is positive. When I get my haircuts, the hairstyleist where all wearing makes and they took the took the temp for all employees and guests.
    Having both people in an interaction wearing a mask certainly helps and might protect you but it is far from a guarantee of safety.
    Last edited by spliff(TONE); 06-08-2020 at 01:49 AM.

If these numbers don't go majorly upward in the next 2-4 weeks that'd be huge. I feel like the protests are going to supremely **** a bunch of the progress that has been made though.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Yeah, I forgot about that time you pointed out one of Trump's spelling errors. My bad.

I was the first person to call Trump stupid when he was talking about windmills and cancer.

I agreed with Mr Powders when he said Trump shouldn't make policy in a tweet, when Trump tweeted about bringing home troops.

there are two that are nothing to do with spelling.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I'm definitely biased toward the floyd protests. Its a bad time to gather right now but we have a chance to take a major step forward as a country, I think we need to take that chance.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I'm sure there are millions of people of all sides, races, gender, that agree with this. but that doesn't mean do whatever, when even simply wearing a mask is so easy.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Texas reported a record number of coronavirus hospitalizations Monday — weeks after Gov. Greg Abbott took the lead among governors in easing social distancing measures to help bring jobs back.

There are currently 1,935 Covid-19 patients in hospitals across the state, topping the previous hospitalization record of 1,888 patients on May 5, according to new data from the Texas Department of State Health Services.

Texas was among the first states to relax its statewide stay-at-home order, allowing it to expire April 30 and some businesses to resume operations May 1.

The coronavirus has infected more than 75,400 people in Texas, according to data from Johns Hopkins University. The positivity rate for Covid-19 tests in Texas reached a low of 4.27% toward the end of May but has since jumped to 7.55%, according to the state’s health department.

While hospitalizations are increasing, there are more than 1,600 open intensive-care beds and more than 5,800 ventilators available for critically ill patients.

Some infectious disease experts say hospitalization numbers could be a better way to track a state’s reopening performance since it’s more difficult to skew than testing data, which fluctuates depending on how many tests are being run.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/08/texa...ned-early.html

Texas numbers in graphs

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...rus-cases.html

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Being in Texas the thing I found interesting, and that hasn't got much play at all, is that the Governor has the ability to order a shelter in place but only for 7 days. If the legislation supports it it can be extended to 30 days. The shelter started here on March 19th and on April 20th things started opening back up. He was actually limited in what he could do by the state constitution.

Who could have seen this coming??!

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Shocking I tell you! Shocking!

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I think pretty much everyone knew it would happen, that doesn't mean anything should change.

People are going to be exposed eventually and the hospitals are not over taxed, and the Governor had no choice but to start re-opening ... I doubt, had he attempted to change the state constitution in March, he would get through that clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think pretty much everyone knew it would happen, that doesn't mean anything should change.

People are going to be exposed eventually and the hospitals are not over taxed, and the Governor had no choice but to start re-opening ... I doubt, had he attempted to change the state constitution in March, he would get through that clean.
    Any the of the conservative( or liberal) states that opened early did it wrong - no matter how it ends up looking in hindsight.

When you're prioritizing money over lives, you're psychotic.

That's what they did. The numbers have shown that the extra careful states have a better long term economic response to pandemics and the like.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 06-08-2020 at 11:02 PM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Any the of the conservative states that opened early did it wrong - no matter how it ends up looking in hindsight.

That's what they did. The numbers have shown that the extra careful states have a better long term economic response to pandemics and the like.

Hey Mr Mod, how about you back up that statement with some links?
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Any the of the conservative states that opened early did it wrong - no matter how it ends up looking in hindsight.

So....you're saying that any liberal states that opened early didn't do it wrong? Or are you saying that no liberal states loosened restrictions early?

So....you're saying that any liberal states that opened early didn't do it wrong? Or are you saying that no liberal states loosened restrictions early?
    Opening early is wrong period, liberal or conservative

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.