Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1153 of 1474 FirstFirst ... 15365310531103114311511152115311541155116312031253 ... LastLast
Results 17,281 to 17,295 of 22109
    We'd better hope Omicron is not as dangerous as Delta and Vanilla Flavored COVID, because it's spreading much faster.

Scientists in South Africa say omicron is at least three times more likely to cause reinfection than previous coronavirus variants such as beta and delta, according to a preliminary study published Thursday.

Statistical analysis of some 2.8 million positive coronavirus samples in South Africa, 35,670 of which were suspected to be reinfections, led researchers to conclude that the omicron mutation has a “substantial ability to evade immunity from prior infection.”
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...a-reinfection/

That would also be a blow to the "natural immunity" crowd.

It's also spreading twice as fast as Delta, which was already an increase from Vanilla:

Underscoring growing concerns about Omicron, scientists in South Africa said on Friday that the newest coronavirus variant appears to spread more than twice as quickly as Delta, which had been considered the most contagious version of the virus.

Omicron’s rapid spread results from a combination of contagiousness and an ability to dodge the body’s immune defenses, the researchers said, but the contribution of each factor is not yet certain.
    https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/12...-variant-covid

"I was disagreeing with a friend about politics last night. I got so annoyed that I bear-sprayed him and beat him with a flagpole. I was surprised when he objected since we were obviously engaging in legitimate political discourse.”" - @SarahLongwell25

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    How badly do you want to say that it's just like the flu?
    I posted an article written by the chair of the South African Medical Association who said governments are overreacting to the omicron variant.

And let me be clear: nothing I have seen about this new variant warrants the extreme action the UK government has taken in response to it.

No one here in South Africa is known to have been hospitalised with the Omicron variant, nor is anyone here believed to have fallen seriously ill with it.
    We're closing in on two ****ing years, lmao.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Hilarious.

This variant doesn't scare me. The variant does appear milder at least from initial data. The vaccines still appear to work on it. Not scared.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Hilarious.
    62,000+ shitposts.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    I posted an article written by the chair of the South African Medical Association who said governments are overreacting to the omicron variant.

We're closing in on two ****ing years, lmao.
    Congratulations on your ability to post a link.

None of it contradicts that we won't know how severe it actually is for weeks, despite how much you want to say otherwise.

62,000+ shitposts.
    15,000+ golden nuggets of ancient wisdom.

62,000+ shitposts.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Those of us who have had Covid and been vaccinated should also get the boosters to be considered fully vaccinated.
    https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...need-a-booster

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Some people will do anything to avoid getting the vaccinations.

I want to know what their interaction was like after she realized what it was.

"I was disagreeing with a friend about politics last night. I got so annoyed that I bear-sprayed him and beat him with a flagpole. I was surprised when he objected since we were obviously engaging in legitimate political discourse.”" - @SarahLongwell25

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Some people will do anything to avoid getting the vaccinations.
    The borax baths to "detox" from the COVID vaccine are a particularly amusing and extremely dangerous one.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!

62,000+ shitposts.
    This coming from the worst poster on the site.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK