Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1145 of 1278 FirstFirst ... 14564510451095113511431144114511461147115511951245 ... LastLast
Results 17,161 to 17,175 of 19170
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I believe there are 55 countries in Africa. Seems rather strange to say that Biden put this travel ban due to racism and have one of the 8 countries be the whitest one.
    Trump put a travel ban on like 8 countries at the time, and people had no problem describing it as Racist and Xenophobic, despite as you point out that there are over 55 countries on the African Continent.

BTW you do acknowledge that the *Whitest* one is like 8% of the country right? Like you get that right?

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    There is the small matter of him not saying the policy was.

Regardless, would this same travel ban have happened if it was found in the Netherlands instead? I don't see why not.
    As for why not, well the WHO among others have blasted this decision as unhelpful for solving the problem they set out to do, and also, perversely punishes S.Africa for effectively having good domestic policy around testing, and doing the right thing by telling the world about this virus, unlike China which just kept their mouth shut.

Here is another one from Joe, and also Kamala.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Trump put a travel ban on like 8 countries at the time, and people had no problem describing it as Racist and Xenophobic, despite as you point out that there are over 55 countries on the African Continent.

BTW you do acknowledge that the *Whitest* one is like 8% of the country right? Like you get that right?
    Poor Trump. How could anyone ever think that he was motivated by racism?

As for why not, well the WHO among others have blasted this decision as unhelpful for solving the problem they set out to do, and also, perversely punishes S.Africa for effectively having good domestic policy around testing, and doing the right thing by telling the world about this virus, unlike China which just kept their mouth shut.

So perverse!

Oh, so like if we put forward Jim Crow era policies for the CORRECT reasons, then they're not racist. Like how Universities like USC have racially segregated housing, it's OK to ethnically segregate your population so long as you do it for the CORRECT reasons right?

What is substantially different between then and now, the Trump admin did it to stop the unnecessary spread, the Biden admin is doing the same.
    Even though the Omnicron varient is probably here already, that doesn't mean you have to let more in.
    Funny you should bring that up because that’s EXACTLY what the GOP is trying to revive in terms of their more stringent voting laws…
    Last edited by valade16; 11-29-2021 at 11:02 PM.

You should probably try reading my question again if you think this is an answer to it.

"`Can you explain this gap in your resume?`

`Well, the vaccinated hosts on the news channel I like convinced me to resign to protest my work's vaccine mandate and take a few years off to help extend the pandemic”" - @LOLGOP

You should probably try reading my question again if you think this is an answer to it.
    The conservatives don't have an opinion on the ban one way or another. In fact I would argue they support it but this is how they deal with an issue that they agree with the Democrat on. They don't attack the idea.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Funny you should bring that up because that’s EXACTLY what the GOP is trying to revive in terms of their more stringent voting laws…
    Election security was something Dem's were VERY big on between 2016-2020, you know, keeping those vodka swilling Russians out, they seem far less interested in it now.

That said, I'm open to some changes in voting laws.

So you're not even talking about COVID-related travel bans?
    That tweet was literally from Feb 2020, what the **** do you think that travel ban was in reference to during Feb of 2020?

That tweet was literally from Feb 2020, what the **** do you think that travel ban was in reference to during Feb of 2020?
    What is it he always says? Oh yeah...he didn't even read the article.

So you're not even talking about COVID-related travel bans?
    I get it, so long as he doesn't use the EXACT words in EXACTLY the right way, he never said it, and furthermore NEVER said anything remotely CLOSE to it, so long as it isn't the precise semantics, there is no way to even interpret it that way.
    This newfound love of precise semantics is incredible considering you've never been shy to accuse celebrities and politicians of *dog-whistling* alt-right, or Anti-Vax or bigoted views.

Would it be more accurate to say Joe Biden DOG WHISTLED anti-pandemic travel ban rhetoric?
    Out of curiosity are Kamala's comments close enough, or are we sticking to the tap-dancing semantics rules?
    Last edited by ciaban2.0; 11-30-2021 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    What is it he always says? Oh yeah...he didn't even read the article.
    Maybe we should just accuse Biden of *DOG-WHISTLING* anti-travel ban rhetoric.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The conservatives don't have an opinion on the ban one way or another. In fact I would argue they support it but this is how they deal with an issue that they agree with the Democrat on. They don't attack the idea.
    Personally, I'm kinda indifferent, the World is very different now compared to 18 months ago, we have vaccines, we have therapeutics, in many ways were effectively punishing S.Africa for being honest and having a great testing and tracing policy, the fact that the restrictions won't go into effect for like a week is ****ing stupid. Plus the virus is likely already here, and we just don't know it yet.
    I would say though, that preventing someone with the variant from coming in, will reduce the chances that they spread to other people, so it's not without merit, I just don't know how effective the policy is at this point.

Maybe we should just accuse Biden of *DOG-WHISTLING* anti-travel ban rhetoric.
    Bidens dog whistling good. Trump ban bad.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!