Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1144 of 1275 FirstFirst ... 14464410441094113411421143114411451146115411941244 ... LastLast
Results 17,146 to 17,160 of 19115
  1. #17146
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    45,672
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    It's not just CNN and MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NPR, virtually every non-Fox outlet is center-left or strongly left. Plus nearly every major newspaper in the country.

    Rachael Maddow doesn't have near the following of conservatives? She's the 2nd most-watched newscaster after only Tucker Carlson. She's ****ing massive.

    Owens and Kirk are NOWHERE near as big or as prominent as the voices on the left. And most of the voices on the right, are as big, or were as big due to the market segmentation I talked about before.

    And it's not just tv, that's not the only place where news happens, virtually every editorial board of every newspaper in the country is solidly center-left to progressive-left. All of their opinions sections and news sections are almost universally occupied by democrats.
    Then how come they consistently get their tweets and stories recirculated more than all these massively bigger voices on the left (which you still canít even name).

    Iím not just talking about TV, Iím talking social media, which has a far bigger impact than your local paper.

    You have to be living under a rock to think there is no conservative political media. You are talking about the Daily Herald and NPR in terms of their ability to influence and reach as many people as Twitter and Facebook. Itís honestly the biggest display of victim mentality Iíve ever seen.

    Youíre like Joe Rogan complaining about how heís being silenced when he has the largest podcast on the planet.

  2. #17147
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    6,601
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Then how come they consistently get their tweets and stories recirculated more than all these massively bigger voices on the left (which you still canít even name).

    Iím not just talking about TV, Iím talking social media, which has a far bigger impact than your local paper.

    You have to be living under a rock to think there is no conservative political media. You are talking about the Daily Herald and NPR in terms of their ability to influence and reach as many people as Twitter and Facebook. Itís honestly the biggest display of victim mentality Iíve ever seen.

    Youíre like Joe Rogan complaining about how heís being silenced when he has the largest podcast on the planet.
    The reason why people with big voices are speaking out on censorship is because small people can't. If you are a small no-name person, and the powers that be decide to censor you, there isn't much you can do about it. This is one of those things were the people who are effectively uncancelable like Rogan or JK Rowling, have to be the ones to speak out.

    If they're as powerful as you say, that makes their opaque policies around censorship that much worse, doesn't it? I never denied that there is no RW media. If you want to make the argument that they punch above their weight, sure I guess, but the media as a whole, including social media is overwhelmingly LW.

    If you really want to talk about social media.
    https://www.poynter.org/tech-tools/2...s-study-finds/
    More than 80% of tweets are sent from 10% of users who are overwhelmingly white, wealthy, women, liberal.
    Just because a few conservative voices like Diamond & Silk are getting retweeted more than say Brooklyn Dad Defiant, or some other blue check resistance ******, doesn't mean that overall they're more conservatives on these platforms, or that they're more influential.

    Ask yourself this, how many times have you seen LW news organizations actively censored for reporting on factual information?
    Because we've seen it happen to RW news outlets.

  3. #17148
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    6,601
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I donít suppose itís worth pointing out that South Africa has the whitest population of any African country. That wonít have any impact on their thinking. Will it?
    Probably not because that white population is like less than 10% of the total population. And the White Population holds no power or any major offices anywhere in the country.
    In fact S.Africa has a larger *colored population* (that's their legal term for mixed-race) than they do white.

  4. #17149
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    6,601
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    It's fun that we keep circling back to this same argument.
    It's either a racist xenophobic policy or it's not.

    Important to point out that there are a lot of epidemiologists who were and still are against these kind's of policies, and do find them ineffective in achieving the stated goals, and harmful overall.

  5. #17150
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    43,929
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    It's either a racist xenophobic policy or it's not.

    Important to point out that there are a lot of epidemiologists who were and still are against these kind's of policies, and do find them ineffective in achieving the stated goals, and harmful overall.
    There is the small matter of him not saying the policy was.

    Regardless, would this same travel ban have happened if it was found in the Netherlands instead? I don't see why not.

  6. #17151
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    104,319
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Probably not because that white population is like less than 10% of the total population. And the White Population holds no power or any major offices anywhere in the country.
    In fact S.Africa has a larger *colored population* (that's their legal term for mixed-race) than they do white.
    But why isnít the racist Biden imposing travel bans on the other countries that are far more black?

  7. #17152
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    45,672
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    It's either a racist xenophobic policy or it's not.

    Important to point out that there are a lot of epidemiologists who were and still are against these kind's of policies, and do find them ineffective in achieving the stated goals, and harmful overall.
    That is not how it works. The same action can be or not be racist depending on the rationale for its implementation.

  8. #17153
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    62,899
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    So the plan is to go with the racist and xenophobic policy of preventing Africans from entering the country? His words, not mine.
    Another adorably disingenuous take by ciabatta.

  9. #17154
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    62,899
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    It's fun that we keep circling back to this same argument.
    He's trying hard for a reaction.

  10. #17155
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    62,899
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    The reason why people with big voices are speaking out on censorship is because small people can't. If you are a small no-name person, and the powers that be decide to censor you, there isn't much you can do about it. This is one of those things were the people who are effectively uncancelable like Rogan or JK Rowling, have to be the ones to speak out.

    If they're as powerful as you say, that makes their opaque policies around censorship that much worse, doesn't it? I never denied that there is no RW media. If you want to make the argument that they punch above their weight, sure I guess, but the media as a whole, including social media is overwhelmingly LW.

    If you really want to talk about social media.
    https://www.poynter.org/tech-tools/2...s-study-finds/
    More than 80% of tweets are sent from 10% of users who are overwhelmingly white, wealthy, women, liberal.
    Just because a few conservative voices like Diamond & Silk are getting retweeted more than say Brooklyn Dad Defiant, or some other blue check resistance ******, doesn't mean that overall they're more conservatives on these platforms, or that they're more influential.

    Ask yourself this, how many times have you seen LW news organizations actively censored for reporting on factual information?
    Because we've seen it happen to RW news outlets.
    You poor, poor victims.

  11. #17156
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    62,899
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    That is not how it works. The same action can be or not be racist depending on the rationale for its implementation.
    He's obviously just whining and pointing fingers as a way to defend poor ole' Donnie boi (as I'm sure you see as well).

  12. #17157
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    6,601
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    That is not how it works. The same action can be or not be racist depending on the rationale for its implementation.
    Oh, so like if we put forward Jim Crow era policies for the CORRECT reasons, then they're not racist. Like how Universities like USC have racially segregated housing, it's OK to ethnically segregate your population so long as you do it for the CORRECT reasons right?

    What is substantially different between then and now, the Trump admin did it to stop the unnecessary spread, the Biden admin is doing the same.
    Even though the Omnicron varient is probably here already, that doesn't mean you have to let more in.

  13. #17158
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    6,601
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    But why isnít the racist Biden imposing travel bans on the other countries that are far more black?
    He is, they've put it on 8 separate countries in Africa.
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/26/polit...ica/index.html

    All of them are significantly more black than S. Africa, and S. Africa is pretty ****ing black as it is.

  14. #17159
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    6,601
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    There is the small matter of him not saying the policy was.

    Regardless, would this same travel ban have happened if it was found in the Netherlands instead? I don't see why not.
    This is literally him saying it.



  15. #17160
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    104,319
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    He is, they've put it on 8 separate countries in Africa.
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/26/polit...ica/index.html

    All of them are significantly more black than S. Africa, and S. Africa is pretty ****ing black as it is.
    I believe there are 55 countries in Africa. Seems rather strange to say that Biden put this travel ban due to racism and have one of the 8 countries be the whitest one.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •