Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1049 of 1473 FirstFirst ... 49549949999103910471048104910501051105910991149 ... LastLast
Results 15,721 to 15,735 of 22087
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Itís not the governments job to protect people from themselves. If they want to take the risk to get Covid and potentially die then itís up to that individual person not the federal govt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    True. But it is the governmentís job to keep our hospital systems from being overwhelmed. And ignoring the fact that vaccines prevent that is what gets states like Alaska and Idaho requiring that certain people not get treatment. What people do you believe should be barred from treatment due to shortages to allow people to not get the vaccine. Why do they get to avoid a basic shot and cost someone else their life?

Itís not the governments job to protect people from themselves. If they want to take the risk to get Covid and potentially die then itís up to that individual person not the federal govt

No surprise that we're 2 years in and you still have zero grasp on what's going on.

Your chances of getting in a car crash and dying are ridiculously higher than dying from Covid but seat belt requirements are stupid

dErP

5 times as many police officers have died of Covid than from being shot since the pandemic started.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    5 times as many police officers have died of Covid than from being shot since the pandemic started.
    And the majority of them are fully vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    And the majority of them are fully vaccinated.
    Where did you get that from? 245 of the 476 officers who have died from COVID passed away in 2020 before the vaccine was readily available (first official vaccine wasn't given out till December 11th). The 231 from this year if I had to bet were vaccinated at a rate lower than the general public because there are multiple studies that suggest police officers are more hesitant to be vaccinated. We know the overwhelming amount of deaths due to COVID belong to the unvaccinated. I can't see how that's any different with cops.

Shame the cops who could have been vaccinated and chose not to be are dead but that was their choice. They knew the risk or maybe some of them bought into that lovely misinformation *******s like Tucker Carlson love to spread.

https://www.yahoo.com/now/five-times...211519554.html
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-16-2021 at 11:23 PM.

Currently, most officers are fully vaccinated.

Currently, most officers are fully vaccinated.
    The way you phrased it I thought you were referring to most of the dead cops being fully vaccinated. I see what you mean now. That article did say that cops are vaccinated at a lower rate than the general population though. You would like to see that number go up considering how many interactions they have with other people and how many first response situations they are involved in.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    Nope. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Where did you get that from? 245 of the 476 officers who have died from COVID passed away in 2020 before the vaccine was readily available (first official vaccine wasn't given out till December 11th). The 231 from this year if I had to bet were vaccinated at a rate lower than the general public because there are multiple studies that suggest police officers are more hesitant to be vaccinated. We know the overwhelming amount of deaths due to COVID belong to the unvaccinated. I can't see how that's any different with cops.

Shame the cops who could have been vaccinated and chose not to be are dead but that was their choice. They knew the risk or maybe some of them bought into that lovely misinformation *******s like Tucker Carlson love to spread.

https://www.yahoo.com/now/five-times...211519554.html
    Yet you could care less when they are gunned down by criminals

Yet you could care less when they are gunned down by criminals

Again with this nonsense. You are so predictable. Where did I ever say I'm indifferent in regards to cops being killed by criminals? Find it. I'll wait.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Again with this nonsense. You are so predictable. Where did I ever say I'm indifferent in regards to cops being killed by criminals? Find it. I'll wait.
    Pretty much every time you shat on brewer for posting links to cops being killed.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Pretty much every time you shat on brewer for posting links to cops being killed.
    Killed by who? Because the only comparison i've seen Brewers make is suggesting that the number of people being gunned down by cops is no big deal because the number of cops dying from COVID is the more sizable figure. I don't understand the parallel but he continues to make it.

Then he's also the guy who says "Who cares?" to the 700,000 + people who have died of COVID.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-17-2021 at 12:27 AM.