Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1044 of 1474 FirstFirst ... 44544944994103410421043104410451046105410941144 ... LastLast
Results 15,646 to 15,660 of 22102
  1. #15646
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    45,905
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    This all sounds like drivel and nonsense. What are we to do with your "facts" and "common sense"?
    Don't tell Ciaban any of these facts. He's still hung up on only old people who were knocking on death's door dying of COVID.

  2. #15647
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,918
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    It is always refreshing to log on here and find out these mind blowing facts. For example: I just found out today that white people don't live in rural areas in the south and that there are no poor white people. Who would've thunk?
    Thatís the funny part. They claim that itís racist because black people cant afford the extra cost etc but then totally forget that thereís white people who are also poor and it affects them. They only care about one race tho


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #15648
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,918
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    They were being nice and letting others go first?

    If you need to go back a year and take a statement out of context to blame Harris for something no one has even proven any relationship to current issues thatís definitely just a gotcha.

    Do you have any proof that statement caused many minorities not to get vaccinated? If not are you just implying they are too stupid to understand the statement in full? Why would it cause hesitancy in minorities in full if they understood what was actually said?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do you have any proof that a lot of conservatives are against the vaccine because of Trump or is this something you just assume?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #15649
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    46,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Thatís the funny part. They claim that itís racist because black people cant afford the extra cost etc but then totally forget that thereís white people who are also poor and it affects them. They only care about one race tho
    Assuming your theory is true, this means you donít care about any of them because youíre fine with everyone who has to pay to vote.

  5. #15650
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,918
    Hereís a poll from CNBC

    Among the 29% of U.S. voters who are unvaccinated, 83% say they do not plan to get the lifesaving shots, the survey shows. A frustrated Biden on Thursday outlined a host of new vaccine and testing mandates for federal workers and contractors as well as health-care and private company employees.

    Of the unvaccinated respondents, 84% said their decision against immunization wouldn't change if the vaccines had no side effects and 87% said they still wouldn't get the shots if their employer mandated them. Just 5% and 4% of respondents, respectively, said those things would make them "much more likely" to change their minds, the survey shows. Pressure from family members made little difference, with just 2% saying that would make them much more likely to get the shots.

    Some 34% of unvaccinated respondents said they were hesitant to get the shots because they didn't trust the federal government, while another 34% were worried about the vaccine's side effects. Less than 10% of unvaccinated respondents said they would be more likely to get vaccinated if the delta variant were more problematic in their community, and 7% said they would get vaccinated if asked by Trump.

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...vid-shots.html

    Seems like Trump has very little to do with these people not getting vaccinated but itís easy to blame him


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #15651
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    45,905
    https://www.yahoo.com/finance/m/d5fd...-fire-232.html

    I thought there wouldn't be enough people to serve peanuts?

  7. #15652
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    46,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Hereís a poll from CNBC

    Among the 29% of U.S. voters who are unvaccinated, 83% say they do not plan to get the lifesaving shots, the survey shows. A frustrated Biden on Thursday outlined a host of new vaccine and testing mandates for federal workers and contractors as well as health-care and private company employees.

    Of the unvaccinated respondents, 84% said their decision against immunization wouldn't change if the vaccines had no side effects and 87% said they still wouldn't get the shots if their employer mandated them. Just 5% and 4% of respondents, respectively, said those things would make them "much more likely" to change their minds, the survey shows. Pressure from family members made little difference, with just 2% saying that would make them much more likely to get the shots.

    Some 34% of unvaccinated respondents said they were hesitant to get the shots because they didn't trust the federal government, while another 34% were worried about the vaccine's side effects. Less than 10% of unvaccinated respondents said they would be more likely to get vaccinated if the delta variant were more problematic in their community, and 7% said they would get vaccinated if asked by Trump.

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...vid-shots.html

    Seems like Trump has very little to do with these people not getting vaccinated but itís easy to blame him
    Seems like a large portion of those still unvaccinated just donít want to get it no matter what, which is what Iíve been saying all along.

  8. #15653
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    45,905
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Seems like a large portion of those still unvaccinated just donít want to get it no matter what, which is what Iíve been saying all along.
    And I certainly think you can attribute that to being political, irrespective of Trump. Yeah Donald has never been anti vaccine but I don't see people saying that when they say he handled COVID poorly.

  9. #15654
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,918
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    And I certainly think you can attribute that to being political, irrespective of Trump. Yeah Donald has never been anti vaccine but I don't see people saying that when they say he handled COVID poorly.
    Again thereís a large percentage of people who wonít even get flu vaccines let alone Covid vaccine. Thereís a large number of people who wouldnít take it regardless of what Trump did


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #15655
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    45,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Again thereís a large percentage of people who wonít even get flu vaccines let alone Covid vaccine. Thereís a large number of people who wouldnít take it regardless of what Trump did


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When a more current strain of the flu kills 700,000 people in a year and a half we can start encouraging more people to get the flu vaccine as well. The flu is endemic but it wasn't always that way. There's a reason why the Spanish flu killed 50,000,000 people for example. COVID is not endemic yet. It might become that way after a certain amount of variants and people getting vaccinated but its not there as of now.

    As I said, no one can really accuse Trump of being anti vaccine so irrespective of how anti vaxxers feel, he isnt a follow my lead example in that regard anyways. That said, yeah, most people who are anti vaccine probably won't change their stance unless they get deathly ill from COVID (and survive) or someone close to them who is also unvaccinated gets super ill or dies. Just because people are or aren't listening to what Trump says doesn't change the fact that political divides are absolutely being playing a part in who and who isn't vaccinated.

    There's a whole political spectrum that exists outside of Trump.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-14-2021 at 10:46 PM.

  11. #15656
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    45,318
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    When a more current strain of the flu kills 700,000 people in a year and a half we can start encouraging more people to get the flu vaccine as well. The flu is endemic but it wasn't always that way. There's a reason why the Spanish flu killed 50,000,000 people for example. COVID is not endemic yet. It might become that way after a certain amount of variants and people getting vaccinated but its not there as of now.

    As I said, no one can really accuse Trump of being anti vaccine so irrespective of how anti vaxxers feel, he isnt a follow my lead example in that regard anyways. That said, yeah, most people who are anti vaccine probably won't change their stance unless they get deathly ill from COVID (and survives) or someone close to them who is also unvaccinated gets super ill or dies. Just because people are or aren't listening to what Trump says doesn't change the fact that political divides are absolutely being playing a part in who and who isn't vaccinated.
    Make no mistake, until he was in the Oval Office and actually had to deal with things, Trump was more than happy to advance anti-vaxx tropes.


    "I was disagreeing with a friend about politics last night. I got so annoyed that I bear-sprayed him and beat him with a flagpole. I was surprised when he objected since we were obviously engaging in legitimate political discourse.Ē" - @SarahLongwell25

  12. #15657
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    104,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Hereís a poll from CNBC

    Among the 29% of U.S. voters who are unvaccinated, 83% say they do not plan to get the lifesaving shots, the survey shows. A frustrated Biden on Thursday outlined a host of new vaccine and testing mandates for federal workers and contractors as well as health-care and private company employees.

    Of the unvaccinated respondents, 84% said their decision against immunization wouldn't change if the vaccines had no side effects and 87% said they still wouldn't get the shots if their employer mandated them. Just 5% and 4% of respondents, respectively, said those things would make them "much more likely" to change their minds, the survey shows. Pressure from family members made little difference, with just 2% saying that would make them much more likely to get the shots.

    Some 34% of unvaccinated respondents said they were hesitant to get the shots because they didn't trust the federal government, while another 34% were worried about the vaccine's side effects. Less than 10% of unvaccinated respondents said they would be more likely to get vaccinated if the delta variant were more problematic in their community, and 7% said they would get vaccinated if asked by Trump.

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...vid-shots.html

    Seems like Trump has very little to do with these people not getting vaccinated but itís easy to blame him


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Did anyone tell them for every case of side effects from the vaccine that tens of thousands of people die of COVID?
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  13. #15658
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    45,905
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Make no mistake, until he was in the Oval Office and actually had to deal with things, Trump was more than happy to advance anti-vaxx tropes.
    You mean when he talked about how vaccines cause autism? Yeah. The difference here is there no bigger fan of Donald than himself so we know how much he looks at Operation Warp Speed and the vaccine as something he is responsible for and deserves unrelenting praise in regard to. No one likes to take more credit for the vaccine than he does so of course he's going to push it. He can only push it so far though because he knows there's a significant portion of his base that are anti vaccine, anti mandate, and pro freedom. I mean heck he's even getting booed when he mentions it at some of his rallies.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-14-2021 at 11:45 PM.

  14. #15659
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    45,905
    I'd bet that MJT thinks COVID is spread the same way HIV is.


  15. #15660
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    104,402

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •