Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 102 of 1498 FirstFirst ... 252921001011021031041121522026021102 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 22460
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I'm going to reply about a tweet in general, not this specific tweet. now that there is an active moderator, shouldn't we be having tweets so that they can be read? using the [ ] allows them to be seen.
    I've just seen this for awhile now, from many.
    No. It makes the posts unwieldy to do it your way, in fact we’ve been complaining about your way. We can click links if we want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    First para……so they were generous and now they are meanies???? At least they still have jobs.

Second para…what do you think Amazon should have done???? If Amazon stopped all their deliveries, people would complain about that.

This virus is an event unprecedented in our time. No one knows what to do. No one has any answers.If you want to blame Trump…fine. Then tell us what BO would have done. Or Hilly. Or Joe B in a few months (actually Pelosi until Joe B steps down ow croaks and then Kamala).

It seems like the best solution is to ride it out until some treatment or vaccine pops up…which may never happen. Or it goes away … not likely. Then we just live with it.

I do notice that all the ones with what they think are the best ideas always seem to be people with guaranteed incomes. At lot easier to speak from that perspective. Easy to say stay at home when you are making top dollar with no chance of losing it. Easy to say stay off the beaches, parks and golf courses when your life is pretty cushy and you still have social outlets to save your sanity. Many people are not so lucky.

The are no answers. And it is going to get worse.

Do you think Los Angeles residents are going to stay inside for 3 months while other places are opening up??? I don't think so.

Stay tuned.
    Here’s a crazy idea: Amazon continues paying the employees the additional $2 an hour.

The Federal Reserve chair said that 40 percent of Americans making less than $40,000 a year have lost their jobs since March, when statewide lockdowns to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus began...meanwhile, a new report showed that U.S. billionaires increased their total wealth by $369 billion in the past two months.

https://harpers.org/2020/05/weekly-r...air-bolsonaro/

This virus is an event unprecedented in our time. No one knows what to do. No one has any answers.If you want to blame Trump…fine. Then tell us what BO would have done. Or Hilly. Or Joe B in a few months (actually Pelosi until Joe B steps down ow croaks and then Kamala).

Fake news. The American academic system absolutely DOES know what to do and DOES have answers. The american political system didnt. The american political system first failed by taking no action until after complete spread and cusp of outbreaks. The american political system then failed again by waiting almost another 2 months to set forth protocol for safely opening up the economy.

Trump is the worst president to have during this specific crisis because he is so extremely ignorant about what he is facing. He still has no clue.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    'Murica!!

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Here’s a crazy idea: Amazon continues paying the employees the additional $2 an hour.
    Some might think that keeping as many employees as they did was a generous act in and of itself.

Bolded…don't believe I ever used that term here (or anywhere). Seems like something else implied or attributed to me that I did not say … not an uncommon occurrence here.
    Poor guy.

Do you want Bezos to starve?!?

Some might think that keeping as many employees as they did was a generous act in and of itself.
    Certainly wouldn't want them to be TOO generous.

No, it's called logistics, not generosity, lol

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Certainly wouldn't want them to be TOO generous.
    Well, no. Why would he do that??? Why would he give out a raise during times such as these. And if he did keep it going, he would be criticized whenever he pulled it back…sort of like what is going to happen when they cut off unemployment payments (if they ever do).

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I'm going to reply about a tweet in general, not this specific tweet. now that there is an active moderator, shouldn't we be having tweets so that they can be read? using the [ ] allows them to be seen.
    I've just seen this for awhile now, from many.
    twitter as a link takes less vertical space so it doesn't bother me.

It would be nice but I wouldn't expect it, and wouldn't think Amazon somehow evil for not continuing the bonus beyond when the state opens up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    The Federal Reserve chair said that 40 percent of Americans making less than $40,000 a year have lost their jobs since March, when statewide lockdowns to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus began...meanwhile, a new report showed that U.S. billionaires increased their total wealth by $369 billion in the past two months.

https://harpers.org/2020/05/weekly-r...air-bolsonaro/
    It's never that simple, but historically the super wealthy have always fared better when crises happen.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Fake news. The American academic system absolutely DOES know what to do and DOES have answers. The american political system didnt. The american political system first failed by taking no action until after complete spread and cusp of outbreaks. The american political system then failed again by waiting almost another 2 months to set forth protocol for safely opening up the economy.

Trump is the worst president to have during this specific crisis because he is so extremely ignorant about what he is facing. He still has no clue.

They don't KNOW what to do, they are making educated decisions, and not everyone, including other scientists/experts agree. It's just the best we had at the time.