Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 101 of 501 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 7506
  1. #1501
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Why do you see Pelosi as “self serving” here?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    She is trying to pust through a $3 trillion (do you have any idea as to how much $$$ that actually is???) Coronavirus relief loaded with crap to appear to the poor and minorities that have nothing to do with the virus or are just plain dumb…and she knows this. She is buying votes with your money.

    addl unemployment comp pretty much pays people to not go back to work. Free money…who would not vote for that????

    Eliminating state and local tax deduction caps which will effectively tax the rich and middle class

    Payments to illegals, non-deportatiom of illegals

    Letting prisoners loose

    Bail out the post office

    And on and on.

    She is buying and securing votes.

    Yet, she has done nothing for the homeless in her district or to help control out of sight state spending in CA.

    People talk about Trump being power hungry…he has nothing on this botoxed chick. No one in DC is more power hungry that her. 80 years old and a millionaire and she will never retire. She's Robert Byrd with a rack.

  2. #1502
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Define “best”.

    Selling the most. Just like what is best in my industry. In any industry. Have you ever dealt with a sales person??? They're tryig to sell you something.



    I take it Pelosi would be one of your “few exceptions”? How about, say, McConnell?
    No one comes close to Pelosi.

  3. #1503
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,168
    Several of the country’s biggest employers have raised the wages of their essential workers through so-called hero pay [sic] some extra money on top of normal hourly salaries.

    Now they plan to end those programs. For example, Amazon warehouse workers will lose their extra $2 an hour at the end of this month. Meanwhile, an Amazon warehouse in Hazle Township, Pa. had the company’s worst virus outbreak, apparently after “missing early opportunities to protect workers.”

    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/19/t...7660ea25319dc3

  4. #1504
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    No one comes close to Pelosi.
    Typical deflection. I did not ask for comparisons. I asked very specifically whether you believed McConnell was an exception as per your statement.

    And again, please define best in terms of what a lobbyist’s objective is for his or her employer.

  5. #1505
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Several of the country’s biggest employers have raised the wages of their essential workers through so-called hero pay [sic] some extra money on top of normal hourly salaries.

    Now they plan to end those programs. For example, Amazon warehouse workers will lose their extra $2 an hour at the end of this month. Meanwhile, an Amazon warehouse in Hazle Township, Pa. had the company’s worst virus outbreak, apparently after “missing early opportunities to protect workers.”

    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/19/t...7660ea25319dc3
    First para……so they were generous and now they are meanies???? At least they still have jobs.

    Second para…what do you think Amazon should have done???? If Amazon stopped all their deliveries, people would complain about that.

    This virus is an event unprecedented in our time. No one knows what to do. No one has any answers.If you want to blame Trump…fine. Then tell us what BO would have done. Or Hilly. Or Joe B in a few months (actually Pelosi until Joe B steps down ow croaks and then Kamala).

    It seems like the best solution is to ride it out until some treatment or vaccine pops up…which may never happen. Or it goes away … not likely. Then we just live with it.

    I do notice that all the ones with what they think are the best ideas always seem to be people with guaranteed incomes. At lot easier to speak from that perspective. Easy to say stay at home when you are making top dollar with no chance of losing it. Easy to say stay off the beaches, parks and golf courses when your life is pretty cushy and you still have social outlets to save your sanity. Many people are not so lucky.

    The are no answers. And it is going to get worse.

    Do you think Los Angeles residents are going to stay inside for 3 months while other places are opening up??? I don't think so.

    Stay tuned.

  6. #1506
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Typical deflection. I did not ask for comparisons. I asked very specifically whether you believed McConnell was an exception as per your statement.

    And again, please define best in terms of what a lobbyist’s objective is for his or her employer.
    I do not see McConnell as a detriment to our government.

    A lobbyist's objective is to sell his employers wares. To convince someone with the authority to by his employer's product to actually buy his employer's product. That product could be $300 hammers or $30 million fighter jets.

    And you know this…why are you being such an *** and pushing this issue????

  7. #1507
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I do not see McConnell as a detriment to our government.
    You are incorrect, but at least you answered — sort of.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    A lobbyist's objective is to sell his employers wares. To convince someone with the authority to by his employer's product to actually buy his employer's product. That product could be $300 hammers or $30 million fighter jets.
    So, no matter the product? And then you wonder why some people hate lobbyists?
    Last edited by Crovash; 05-19-2020 at 09:30 AM.

  8. #1508
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    First para……so they were generous and now they are meanies???? At least they still have jobs.
    Yes sir. Thank you, master.

  9. #1509
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    You are incorrect, but at least you answered — sort of.



    So, no matter the product? And then you wonder why some people hate lobbyists?
    I am not incorrect. it is an opinion. As such, it is just as correct as yours.

    Never said I liked or disliked lobbyists. They are just a part of life. I talk to lobbyists (salespeople) every week (although a bit less lately.) They are annoying. Many times the only way to get rid of them is to be rude.

    And you didn't answer my question…why are you being such an *** and pushing this issue????

  10. #1510
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Yes sir. Thank you, master.
    Dumb answer…means nothing.

  11. #1511
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I am not incorrect. it is an opinion. As such, it is just as correct as yours.
    In which case, my observation is correct.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I Never said I liked or disliked lobbyists. They are just a part of life. I talk to lobbyists (salespeople) every week (although a bit less lately.) They are annoying. Many times the only way to get rid of them is to be rude.
    And once again, you did not read with comprehension. I never said you liked or disliked lobbyists. Rather I said “you wonder why some people hate lobbyists,” l which I based on this post:

    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Interesting how so many hate lobbyists...
    As for...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    And you didn't answer my question…why are you being such an *** and pushing this issue????
    Because I am not being one. I am asking simple, straightforward questions. If that constitutes your criteria for being one, then there must be an awful lot of them in your little world.

  12. #1512
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    104,228

  13. #1513
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,876
    Because I am not being one. I am asking simple, straightforward questions. If that constitutes your criteria for being one, then there must be an awful lot of them in your little world.[/QUOTE]

    You're pushing questions you know the answer to in an attempt to come off as the intellectual you like to project yourself as. And it's worse today than usual.

    What happened??? Did the barista screw up your whatever when you asked for "my usual"??? Seems like that would take on crisis proportions for someone like you.

  14. #1514
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    28,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I'm going to reply about a tweet in general, not this specific tweet. now that there is an active moderator, shouldn't we be having tweets so that they can be read? using the [ ] allows them to be seen.
    I've just seen this for awhile now, from many.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  15. #1515
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I’d be a little suspicious of “twitter news”.

    That said, I would not be surprised that there is pressure to “cook the books.”

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •