Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 1527 FirstFirst ... 8910111220601105101010 ... LastLast
    Hereís the article

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/18/n....co/otdvaWx76u

Read yourselves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    NYT is blaming Hannity for a death from the virus.

https://twitter.com/comfortablysmug/...117807621?s=21

Read that thread

Sure, people absolutely need to take some personal responsibility for their decisions but that doesn't take away from the fact that some of these media members say some truly reckless stuff all in the name of siding with their team (damned if impressionable followers hurt themselves and those around them in the process).

Hereís the article

Read yourselves

So his family is blaming hannity? Why were we just supposed to read the twitter thread?

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Iíve been doing the shopping for my parents, but I feel like the government should be doing something to help add way more capacity for businesses to do grocery shopping online at like amazon or simple pickups and go at grocery stores.

And maybe add priority passes for seniors and immunity compromised individuals for things like prime grocery shopping. Because when I try and shop online there are often no times available since I assume there just isnít the capacity available.

Same, I'm shopping for my grandmother who is in her 90s. Thankfully she is still at home and never went to assisted living like she discussed. She tried calling our local supermarket and they don't offer delivery.

I think if the stores are now limiting in-store visits, that there are more associates who are now available to put together shopping lists for people. Although it's hard. You and I can do online ordering just fine. There are some people, like my grandmother and other older people, who don't really know how to use a computer enough to place orders. They would certainly be able to place them on the phone, and the supermarket can have a tablet on data service to process the payment. Problem is that online stuff for supermarkets and delivery is still very new to them and they all likely have the ability to impose limits on a store-by-store basis.

Hereís the article

Read yourselves

Thatís a very sad story. I donít know if they should have run it or not. It is a well written story but itís not ďnewsĒ Iím not sure about how I feel about it since I can see it hurting Hannity. even if he was irresponsible and the family is understandably bitter towards him I not sure how I feel

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Thatís a very sad story. I donít know if they should have run it or not. It is a well written story but itís not ďnewsĒ Iím not sure about how I feel about it since I can see it hurting Hannity. even if he was irresponsible and the family is understandably bitter towards him I not sure how I feel

Didnt really seem like a story that needed to be politicized, but I imagine the family wanted to stress that it was important to have good information about the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    They do have a point that other parks/places (i.e. tennis courts) weren't treated the same.

I think at this point, instead of sand (which is going to cost a whole lot more to pull up than to put down) you make a couple arrests and fines and then see what happens. I hate to do that, but these orders don't have any teeth to them, so people will continue to do what they want.
    The skate park where I used to live put down traffic reflectors (or bots dots) in the park. Didn't make it totally unskateable just more sketchy. And they have tools to quickly remove them when the time comes.

Still, having grown up a CA skater, my buddies and I would be out there the next day cleaning out the sand and skating considering the lengths we went to back before there were skate parks all over the place. At one point in the early 80s we took over and skate-parked an abandoned construction project. We build barricades, cleaned up all the roads/sidewalks/foundations/pools so we could skate it all in peace. It took me and around 20 guys a month to do all the work. Then one day they re-started construction and locked us out. I suspect our work helped them sell the project to a new developer.

We built our own BMX track under a railroad trestle too, then one day it all got bulldozed with the argument being they could be sued. Nobody was going to sue them, we had put WAY too much work in to let that happen.

Being a kid now kind of sucks for that sort of thing ... too many rules, not enough stupid freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    So his family is blaming hannity? Why were we just supposed to read the twitter thread?
    Fox has been gearing up for lawsuits. It was only a matter of time before someone with a reasonable case for standing puts this to the test. Itíll lose when someone tries it.

Hereís the article

Read yourselves

Way to misrepresent that for your own meansódefinitely give you credit for having the guts to post something that completely discredits your stance, though.

Nothing in that article blames Hannity. The NY Times itself doesnít even come close to blaming Hannity. You are a liar.

What it does is show an example of people who were misinformed by a POTUS and his state run media (Fox) that lie, spread false information, and downplay a pandemic they didnít take seriously and failed to respond to. You donít seem to have much of an issue with the factual reporting of Hannity calling the virus a hoax and then changing his attitude. Probably because it reflects your own trajectory.

And somehow you still beat your chest downplaying it and posting this article and lying about it. What the **** is wrong with you?

The NYT did not blame Hannity for a death. You made that up.
    Last edited by browski234; 04-19-2020 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

The quote and stuff they used in the story was published 7 days after the cruise started. There was no reason to publish that and the author itself downplayed the virus one week before Hannityís quote and the NYT ran a story downplaying the virus.

Plus thereís no proof he got it on the cruise. He lived in NYC and didnít have symptoms until days when he returned

Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    Way to misrepresent that for your own meansódefinitely give you credit for having the guts to post something that completely discredits your stance, though.

Nothing in that article blames Hannity. The NY Times itself doesnít even come close to blaming Hannity. You are a liar.

What it does is show an example of people who were misinformed by a POTUS and his state run media (Fox) that lie, spread false information, and downplay a pandemic they didnít take seriously and failed to respond to. You donít seem to have much of an issue with the factual reporting of Hannity calling the virus a hoax and then changing his attitude. Probably because it reflects your own trajectory.

And somehow you still beat your chest downplaying it and posting this article and lying about it. What the **** is wrong with you?

The NYT did not blame Hannity for a death. You made that up.
    The NYT ran the article with the family blaming Hannity. That article should have never been published. The quotes they used about Hannity happened after the cruise already started.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    I am in a suburb of Annapolis, a series of smaller communities and one larger one. Annapolis is the state capital of Maryland, and a city of 50,000 or so. I am about the same distance from Washington DC as I am from Baltimore.

The county executive put an executive order in place banning parks from people congregating and using them, unless they were running/jogging/walking through, or walking a pet. In my own community, all of the kids were congregating in two areas where they were jungle gym equipment that wasn't ever sanitized, instead of being at home. This was the case all around the county apparently, so they shut them down.

The grocery stores in our area over the past week have now put into effect limits in the store, and are enforcing lines outside of the store where people are six feet apart from one another. This is true at Sams Club, the Giant that I frequent as well as the local community supermarket right down the street from me.
    The grocery stores here and Costco have lines out front all spaced out, but there is still far more than 50 people in the store so there is no way to keep people apart really.

It surprised me a little that the liquor stores and booze distributors were considered essential.

I got screwed today while out walking the dog, walked 1/2 mile to a gate I've used dozens of times before, including a few weeks ago, but today it was closed, had to walk an extra mile to get back home because of that gate being closed which I don't really get since both sides of the fence are open and available to the public, but someone decided that that gate needed to be locked. (fences and rivers all around, thus the extra mile of walking).

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Iíve been doing the shopping for my parents, but I feel like the government should be doing something to help add way more capacity for businesses to do grocery shopping online at like amazon or simple pickups and go at grocery stores.

And maybe add priority passes for seniors and immunity compromised individuals for things like prime grocery shopping. Because when I try and shop online there are often no times available since I assume there just isnít the capacity available.
    I think the stimulus is supposed to make money available to businesses so they can expand their services. I mentioned somewhere that the local animal feed place is offering free same day delivery with no minimum. The grocery stores are all overwhelmed so they can't really solve that issue without putting more people at risk. Maybe if they did the filling of orders after hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    We built our own BMX track under a railroad trestle too, then one day it all got bulldozed with the argument being they could be sued. Nobody was going to sue them, we had put WAY too much work in to let that happen.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they didnt wanna bulldoze it either.

But this is America, that's a clear path to a lawsuit

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The grocery stores here and Costco have lines out front all spaced out, but there is still far more than 50 people in the store so there is no way to keep people apart really.

It surprised me a little that the liquor stores and booze distributors were considered essential.

I got screwed today while out walking the dog, walked 1/2 mile to a gate I've used dozens of times before, including a few weeks ago, but today it was closed, had to walk an extra mile to get back home because of that gate being closed which I don't really get since both sides of the fence are open and available to the public, but someone decided that that gate needed to be locked. (fences and rivers all around, thus the extra mile of walking).
    At least in Maryland, I believe they are counting only allowing a certain percentage of maximum occupancy into grocery stores and wholesale places.