Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 819 of 917 FirstFirst ... 319719769809817818819820821829869 ... LastLast
Results 12,271 to 12,285 of 13751
  1. #12271
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    40,223
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I did not. Thanks.

    I read the link as well as the link for schools and perhaps I missed it. Why do vaccinated people need to wear masks again? What science discovery has happened to make this a new requirement?
    This is why.

    CDC study shows three-fourths of people infected in Massachusetts covid-19 outbreak were vaccinated
    By Carolyn Y. Johnson, Yasmeen Abutaleb and Joel Achenbach

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...ak-vaccinated/

    "A sobering scientific analysis published Friday of an explosive Massachusetts covid-19 outbreak fueled by the delta variant found that three-quarters of the people who became infected were fully vaccinated. The report, from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, bolstered the hypothesis that vaccinated people can spread the more transmissible variant and may be a factor in the summer surge of infections.

    The data, detailed in the CDC’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, provided key evidence that convinced agency scientists to reverse recommendations on mask-wearing and advise that vaccinated individuals wear masks in indoor public settings in some circumstances.

    Critically, the study found that vaccinated individuals carried as much virus in their noses as unvaccinated individuals, and that vaccinated people could spread the virus to each other. The CDC was criticized this week for changing its mask guidance without citing unpublished data. The report released Friday contains that data."


    The vaccine will keep you out of the hospital, but it's not going to stop the spread of Delta. Given how many people remain unvaccinated in certain places, it's a grim finding.

  2. #12272
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    100,562
    I can't believe the government is making me wear a seatbelt. Is that their way of telling me that airbags don't work?
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  3. #12273
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    4,442
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    This is why.

    CDC study shows three-fourths of people infected in Massachusetts covid-19 outbreak were vaccinated
    By Carolyn Y. Johnson, Yasmeen Abutaleb and Joel Achenbach

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...ak-vaccinated/

    "A sobering scientific analysis published Friday of an explosive Massachusetts covid-19 outbreak fueled by the delta variant found that three-quarters of the people who became infected were fully vaccinated. The report, from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, bolstered the hypothesis that vaccinated people can spread the more transmissible variant and may be a factor in the summer surge of infections.

    The data, detailed in the CDC’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, provided key evidence that convinced agency scientists to reverse recommendations on mask-wearing and advise that vaccinated individuals wear masks in indoor public settings in some circumstances.

    Critically, the study found that vaccinated individuals carried as much virus in their noses as unvaccinated individuals, and that vaccinated people could spread the virus to each other. The CDC was criticized this week for changing its mask guidance without citing unpublished data. The report released Friday contains that data."


    The vaccine will keep you out of the hospital, but it's not going to stop the spread of Delta. Given how many people remain unvaccinated in certain places, it's a grim finding.
    Paywall

    The questions
    1) The vaccine was never to stop the spread, but reduce the effects, right?
    2) They got the shots, but were they vaccinated? (remember the shots are not 100% effective)
    3) Finally, 75% of what? 4, 400, 4 million?
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  4. #12274
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    100,562
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Paywall

    The questions
    1) The vaccine was never to stop the spread, but reduce the effects, right?
    2) They got the shots, but were they vaccinated? (remember the shots are not 100% effective)
    3) Finally, 75% of what? 4, 400, 4 million?
    The vaccine helps stop the spread but it's not a silver bullet that just eliminates the virus.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  5. #12275
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    40,223
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Paywall

    The questions
    1) The vaccine was never to stop the spread, but reduce the effects, right?
    2) They got the shots, but were they vaccinated? (remember the shots are not 100% effective)
    3) Finally, 75% of what? 4, 400, 4 million?
    I think Delta has changed the equation some. The vaccine is keeping people out of the hospital, but I'm increasingly getting the feeling that Delta's higher R0 is a problem even with the vaccine.

    What I quoted said they were "fully vaccinated," so I'm not sure what you're asking here.

    The outbreak has all the hallmarks of a superspreader event, with infected people reporting to public health officials that they gathered in “densely packed indoor and outdoor events that included bars, restaurants, guest houses and rental homes.” The full outbreak, which began July 4, is close to 900 cases, but the analysis included only a subset of them.

    About three-quarters of cases occurred in people who were fully vaccinated, and that group had received vaccines from Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson.
    Scientists at the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, a research institute in Cambridge, Mass., involved in the genetic analysis of the outbreak highlighted that this was not a single event. At least five events sparked the outbreak, so it is not possible to blame it on one party or one bar.

  6. #12276
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,637
    Republicans being so opposed to something they can't even be bothered to look up the definition of is pathetic.

  7. #12277
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    100,562
    Ron Johnson saying that COVID isn’t deadly enough for a vaccine mandate tells you he’s not pro-life.

  8. #12278
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    100,562

  9. #12279
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    40,223
    I hate this ****ing state.


    "The thing we may have to accept is that red states really like this pandemic and want to keep it.”" - @LOLGOP

  10. #12280
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    6,573
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    I hate this ****ing state.
    Is anyone forcing you to stay? If you hate it so much, move.

  11. #12281
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    40,223
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Is anyone forcing you to stay? If you hate it so much, move.
    If it was that simple, I would've done it already.


    "The thing we may have to accept is that red states really like this pandemic and want to keep it.”" - @LOLGOP

  12. #12282
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    4,442
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    I think Delta has changed the equation some. The vaccine is keeping people out of the hospital, but I'm increasingly getting the feeling that Delta's higher R0 is a problem even with the vaccine.

    What I quoted said they were "fully vaccinated," so I'm not sure what you're asking here.
    Are you hung up on how the percentages work for the fully vaxed?
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  13. #12283
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    6,573
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    If it was that simple, I would've done it already.
    Then stop complaining about how much you hate your state.

  14. #12284
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    40,223
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Then stop complaining about how much you hate your state.
    Hey, guess what?

    I hate the state I live in.

  15. #12285
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    40,223
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Are you hung up on how the percentages work for the fully vaxed?
    No?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •