Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 697 of 754 FirstFirst ... 197597647687695696697698699707747 ... LastLast
Results 10,441 to 10,455 of 11305
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    You are the one that made the comparison, though.
    Regardless, neither has done a good job of fighting this virus. If Biden had 11 months of virus, I doubt if the death total would be lower than it is today.
    And, by the way, Dr. Sanjay Gupta of CNN has said that he feels the virus escaped from the Wuhan virology lab. Thusly he feels it is the China virus.
    See, this is where your Republican bias is showing. You really think Trump's rhetoric and downplaying of the virus had no influence on his vast constituency? Give me a break. I'm not saying they all bought it hook, line and sinker but when Dr. Birx is saying there were ways to mitigate death after the first 100,000 people, you can't say with any seriousness that Biden and Trump would have had distinctly similar outcomes.

Good portions of the American public are highly impressionable and easily swayed.

That's the same reason why you don't call it the "China" virus because all it does is create a bigoted component to the country and people associated with the virus. Maybe all that rhetoric could have to do with why crimes against Asian Americans in this country skyrocketed in 2020.

Who gives a **** what Gupta said btw? Was he in Wuhan when it happened?
    Last edited by metswon69; 04-13-2021 at 03:49 PM.

Careful, he is a nurse.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    You are the one that made the comparison, though.
    Regardless, neither has done a good job of fighting this virus. If Biden had 11 months of virus, I doubt if the death total would be lower than it is today.
    You honestly think the numbers would be the same with biden as president? Trump literally made fun of people for social distancing. He was the single biggest factor in why the American population was completely and utterly lost in combating the virus. Its easy for you as a nurse to look at him and easily recognize that he has no clue what hes talking about and dismiss it, but people believed all the stupid **** he said. Not everyone is a nurse.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Excuses is all the left wants. Not accountability. Plausible deniability.
    You are literally denying accountability in your post lol
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    You honestly think the numbers would be the same with biden as president? Trump literally made fun of people for social distancing. He was the single biggest factor in why the American population was completely and utterly lost in combating the virus. Its easy for you as a nurse to look at him and easily recognize that he has no clue what hes talking about and dismiss it, but people believed all the stupid **** he said. Not everyone is a nurse.

It's entirely anecdotal, but it's almost certain that Herman Cain would still be alive if Trump wasn't president and Biden was.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    You are literally denying accountability in your post lol
    Those words don't mean what you think.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Those words don't mean what you think.
    You are contributing to racism and you dont want to be held accountable for that

pathetic
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

You are contributing to racism and you dont want to be held accountable for that

pathetic
    LOL. Create any number of lies you want. The one you'll someday have to deal with is that your whole life was the biggest con of it all.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

LOL. Create any number of lies you want. The one you'll someday have to deal with is that your whole life was the biggest con of it all.
    Calling it the "China Virus" identifies that person as a certified moron for the rest of us
    Yep
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

If you are defending calling it china virus, you are supporting racism. It's pretty simple and clear cut.

If you are defending calling it china virus, you are supporting racism. It's pretty simple and clear cut.

Yep. I don't dispute for a moment that the disease originated in China. But there is absolutely no clinical benefit to calling it the China virus. It accomplishes nothing at all. Call it by it's clinical name because while there is no clinical benefit, it does have the benefit of NOT inspiring people to want to attack Asian people.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yep. I don't dispute for a moment that the disease originated in China. But there is absolutely no clinical benefit to calling it the China virus. It accomplishes nothing at all. Call it by it's clinical name because while there is no clinical benefit, it does have the benefit of NOT inspiring people to want to attack Asian people.
    The only issue I have with the "China Virus" narrative is that it started with Trump. It was all over the media before Trump opened his stupid mouth. And I'm not sure the name of the virus was the reason people were mad at China.

(not that Trump wasn't racist and wasn't intentionally inflaming xenophobes)

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The only issue I have with the "China Virus" narrative is that it started with Trump. It was all over the media before Trump opened his stupid mouth. And I'm not sure the name of the virus was the reason people were mad at China.

(not that Trump wasn't racist and wasn't intentionally inflaming xenophobes)
    Hes just way too racist-y in the way he approaches everything.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    See, this is where your Republican bias is showing. You really think Trump's rhetoric and downplaying of the virus had no influence on his vast constituency? Give me a break. I'm not saying they all bought it hook, line and sinker but when Dr. Birx is saying there were ways to mitigate death after the first 100,000 people, you can't say with any seriousness that Biden and Trump would have had distinctly similar outcomes.

Good portions of the American public are highly impressionable and easily swayed.

That's the same reason why you don't call it the "China" virus because all it does is create a bigoted component to the country and people associated with the virus. Maybe all that rhetoric could have to do with why crimes against Asian Americans in this country skyrocketed in 2020.

Who gives a **** what Gupta said btw? Was he in Wuhan when it happened?
    No, I'm simply being honest. Biden would not have done a better job of handling the virus than Trump would have in my opinion.
    And, by the way, Dr. Gupta is one of the heros of the leftists. He was the "go-to" guy during the pandemic. I'm sure he was not in Wuhan during prior to the virus surfacing, but he has a lot of professional capital invested in this. I, personally, think that the virus mutated from an animal virus and became infective to humans.
    And, by the way, some posters should refrain from posting their typical nonsense just to increase their "all important" post count.
    Last edited by catman; 04-14-2021 at 11:11 PM.

Yes, I think the numbers would have been similar or worse with Biden handling Covid. For reference, I give you his response to H1N1. Over 60million Americans were infected with that virus under his "handling". He did nothing to slow down the spread. I worked for the VA during that pandemic and we received no direction from the feds as to how to handle it. We at least got direction with this situation, even if the actual response to the virus was bungled.