Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 707 of 759 FirstFirst ... 207607657697705706707708709717757 ... LastLast
Results 10,591 to 10,605 of 11372
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    The biggest problem I have with masking, and I wear a mask at work, in stores, drs offices, meetings, church, etc., is that people still don't know how to wear masks properly. I see too many people walking around with the mask not covering their nose. I used to correct people, but with all of the dirty looks and "mind your own business" comments I got, I just shake my head and walk away from them.
    Same thing goes for wearing gloves in public. I see people wearing gloves and masks that pull their mask down and scratch their noses or eyes with the gloves on.
    And then there is the disposal of the gloves and masks. Many people simply take the gloves and masks off and drop them on the ground. It is disgusting.
    Many people are choosing to wear the masks not covering their nose because people have told them that the mask will lower their oxygen intake and that it is actually unsafe to wear the mask. People have been lied to by people who act like wearing a mask is a restriction on their freedom.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

The people wearing mask without covering their noses are wasting their time with their masks, and putting people at higher risk for disease. The Corona virus is generally found in the nasal passages, and not very deep in the passages. If they breathe through their nose, they expell virus particles. The majority of people I encountered, when I tried to correct them, told me they were wearing the masks the way they were shown to wear it.

The people wearing mask without covering their noses are wasting their time with their masks, and putting people at higher risk for disease. The Corona virus is generally found in the nasal passages, and not very deep in the passages. If they breathe through their nose, they expell virus particles. The majority of people I encountered, when I tried to correct them, told me they were wearing the masks the way they were shown to wear it.
    People donít care.

Whenever I see people who don't know how to wear the mask, I will go around them and be sure to stay the six feet away from them. I treat them as if they aren't wearing the mask at all.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Many people are choosing to wear the masks not covering their nose because people have told them that the mask will lower their oxygen intake and that it is actually unsafe to wear the mask. People have been lied to by people who act like wearing a mask is a restriction on their freedom.
    Lower? - yes. Unsafe for some.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

From what I've seen, the majority of people wearing a mask but not covering their nose fall into 2 categories:
    1) I have my mask so loose it keeps sliding down and I'm not very good about pulling it back up or
    2) Fine, I'll wear the damn mask, so quit yer *****in'. If it ain't over my nose, tough ****, you can't say I'm not wearing one.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    From what I've seen, the majority of people wearing a mask but not covering their nose fall into 2 categories:
    1) I have my mask so loose it keeps sliding down and I'm not very good about pulling it back up or
    2) Fine, I'll wear the damn mask, so quit yer *****in'. If it ain't over my nose, tough ****, you can't say I'm not wearing one.
    Yeah, they answer which group they are in quite often with the design of the mask they are using. Saw one last week that said "SHEEP" across it.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Lower? - yes. Unsafe for some.
    Medical study after medical study has show definitively that it does not lower the oxygen intake. The only people who say that it does are people with an agenda and no science.

I noticed a major increase in the volume of beards during the pandemic and beards are proven to be a major factor in reducing the effectiveness of masks.

I know some people get their beards professionally trimmed so that is likely a major factor in the trend, but I wonder if some were doing it to "fight the man"?

I'd guess more so because they were in stay at home bum mode (assuming there even was an increase in beards across the nation).

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    So, you're saying fauci is an idiot? After all of those decades as an epidemiology expert, he didn't know whether a mask would help or not?

Or are you of the ilk that thinks nasty is a genius?
    I suggested masks dont help..?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I Fauci was wrong, perhaps justifiably so, but still wrong, and I have no doubt he would take back his statement if he could. Likewise, I have no doubt that Trump would not.
    Not justifiably so. We all already know how a virus works and as of jan 23rd we all saw wuhan shut down die to exponential spread rate starting roughly 2 months after the virus first showed up.

The main issue here is president dumb *** kept on pushing anti mask rhetoric.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Medical study after medical study has show definitively that it does not lower the oxygen intake. The only people who say that it does are people with an agenda and no science.
    Show me one, you have yet to do that and you keep insisting that you have. Again it does 100% lower. It's a blockage, however small.

Those who deny and then get. Ted Nugent got rona, and whining about nearing dying on a video while ranting racial slurs I am told.

I am a shame to admit I tended his concert in the day with a friend who dug him.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Those who deny and then get. Ted Nugent got rona, and whining about nearing dying on a video while ranting racial slurs I am told.

I am a shame to admit I tended his concert in the day with a friend who dug him.
    Why be ashamed? If that was the case, we'd all be ashamed of everyone including ourselves. You went, enjoyed the time with your friend. End of story.