Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 706 of 749 FirstFirst ... 206606656696704705706707708716 ... LastLast
Results 10,576 to 10,590 of 11235

COVID-19 Response: An issue that shouldn't be at all political....yet here we are

5 years ago I said Jaylen Brown didnít have much of a jump shot and at the beginning of March Fauci said people donít need to wear masks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 04-17-2021 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Fauci argued against masks. It wasn't a partisan mistake. And we have no idea what a Dem leader would have done in the situation because we don't know what they would have done.

No Fauci said masks weren't necessary because president dumb **** kept saying so and wanted to be backed up, so he was like technically I guess hes right.

Yes we do know what Democrat leaders would have done, they would have taken social distance more serious. We have seen this play out

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Did Trump campaign on anti-mask rhetoric? I didn't pay attention to him so I don't really know, but that would have been well into the pandemic so I'm not sure what point you are trying to make there.
    Not presidential campaign scoots, lol!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

When I think both sides suck it's not "butwhatabout" when I talk about both sides sucking. If you don't think Fauci's message to not wear a mask resulted in people not wearing masks fine, but I think THAT is disingenuous.
    Are you referring to the period at the very beginning of the pandemic when we didn't know how the disease spread or whether they would be helpful? Or was Fauci saying that after we had gotten a better grasp on what we were dealing with? Because if you're referring to something he said before we learned more information and then he changed what he was saying, well that would just be downright disingenuous.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Are you referring to the period at the very beginning of the pandemic when we didn't know how the disease spread or whether they would be helpful? Or was Fauci saying that after we had gotten a better grasp on what we were dealing with? Because if you're referring to something he said before we learned more information and then he changed what he was saying, well that would just be downright disingenuous.
    To be fair to Fauci, there isn't really a blueprint for the modern pandemic. The last pandemic of this magniture was over a 100 years ago before modern medicine was a thing and people's average lifespan was somewhere in their late 30s, early 40s. You would die of dysentery, flu, malaria, etc with regulairty.

Its not like they were with certainty sure how it spread originally either. I think they always knew it was respiratory but there was a time where there was a lot of concern about it living on surfaces or it being in more open air settings. Look, Fauci is not perfect but its doesn't prove to be beneficial to ignore him and other members of the scientific community in regards to the virus. Just because a few people scream on Fox News that Fauci was wrong in January of 2020 doesn't disprove all the things we've learned about the virus since.

Fauci is a fraud but Tucker Carlson, who is suggesting people not get vaccinated, is someone we should trust? Yeah I get that Carlson is not a doctor but it doesn't stop from trying to play one on tv.

So, you're saying fauci is an idiot? After all of those decades as an epidemiology expert, he didn't know whether a mask would help or not?

Or are you of the ilk that thinks nasty is a genius?
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    So, you're saying fauci is an idiot? After all of those decades as an epidemiology expert, he didn't know whether a mask would help or not?

Or are you of the ilk that thinks nasty is a genius?
    I am saying that he isn't a god and we didn't really know very much at all about this for months. Someone saying that masks wouldn't be required back in the January-March timeframe can be forgiven. People still advocating against them are the people who are idiots.

You will notice in his clarifications about the masks, he noted that one of the biggest things we didn't know about COVID (as compared to most other infectious diseases was that it was so prevalent with asymptotic spread. We (incorrectly) assumed that people who were infectious were people with symptoms. Those people could who had symptoms could more easily isolate when they presented or tested positive. But with COVID, you can go 4-5 days before you get symptoms and be infected. For the cold and flu (and other similar diseases), the timeline is usually a day at most.

I am saying that he isn't a god and we didn't really know very much at all about this for months. Someone saying that masks wouldn't be required back in the January-March timeframe can be forgiven. People still advocating against them are the people who are idiots.

You will notice in his clarifications about the masks, he noted that one of the biggest things we didn't know about COVID (as compared to most other infectious diseases was that it was so prevalent with asymptotic spread. We (incorrectly) assumed that people who were infectious were people with symptoms. Those people could who had symptoms could more easily isolate when they presented or tested positive. But with COVID, you can go 4-5 days before you get symptoms and be infected. For the cold and flu (and other similar diseases), the timeline is usually a day at most.
    Did he know it was contagious?
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

I feel like you're intentionally trying to not understand. Please re-read what I said, I'm not reposting the same thing over again.

COVID-19 Response: An issue that shouldn't be at all political....yet here we are

I think he thought it was the FLU

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I believe that Fauciís initial position regarding masks early in the pandemic was issued specifically to the general public under the assumption that the virus was contagious, but transmitted by those persons who already exhibited symptomatic of the disease. At the same time the wide range of health care workers were definitely encouraged to wear masks, and to insure that functional masks remained available to those people on the front lines, Fauci made the official statement. Later evidence, particularly the knowledge that asymptomatic transmission was clearly at play, dictated a change in the official position.

Thatís how things evolve. Fauci was wrong, perhaps justifiably so, but still wrong, and I have no doubt he would take back his statement if he could. Likewise, I have no doubt that Trump would not.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I believe that Fauciís initial position regarding masks early in the pandemic was issued specifically to the general public under the assumption that the virus was contagious, but transmitted by those persons who already exhibited symptomatic of the disease. At the same time the wide range of health care workers were definitely encouraged to wear masks, and to insure that functional masks remained available to those people on the front lines, Fauci made the official statement. Later evidence, particularly the knowledge that asymptomatic transmission was clearly at play, dictated a change in the official position.

Thatís how things evolve. Fauci was wrong, perhaps justifiably so, but still wrong, and I have no doubt he would take back his statement if he could. Likewise, I have no doubt that Trump would not.
    This is all obvious but if one is determined to undermine COVID and act as if itís not serious, then there are no lengths they wonít go.

I'm trying to be genuine, I guess I'm just failing to make the point I'm trying to make while also missing yours.
    Well the issue is you always do this, so much that you and other posters joke about it. It's been pointed out repeatedly the issue and you just keep pushing forward with the butwhatabout the dems and using some form of right wing talking point that's been overly politicized. Over time it gets harder and harder to believe this is an accident happening over 100 times and not simply your actual intent when you do it (and I think this is why many over time have assumed it to be so).

If your intent isn't to but what about or both sides over issues like Fauci thats been turned into propaganda, simply stop doing stuff like that. It's all up to you if you truly don't mean to be doing this continuously, you can stop doing it.

The biggest problem I have with masking, and I wear a mask at work, in stores, drs offices, meetings, church, etc., is that people still don't know how to wear masks properly. I see too many people walking around with the mask not covering their nose. I used to correct people, but with all of the dirty looks and "mind your own business" comments I got, I just shake my head and walk away from them.
    Same thing goes for wearing gloves in public. I see people wearing gloves and masks that pull their mask down and scratch their noses or eyes with the gloves on.
    And then there is the disposal of the gloves and masks. Many people simply take the gloves and masks off and drop them on the ground. It is disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I think he thought it was ThE fLu

*ftfy