Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 424 of 560 FirstFirst ... 324374414422423424425426434474524 ... LastLast
Results 6,346 to 6,360 of 8389
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    you don't think Dems loved the fact much of the general public found Trumpublican responses to be bad?
    I’m sure they liked Trump’s ineptitude from a political standpoint, but that’s a far cry from actively cheering the disease.

Democrats wanted to shut the entire country down specifically to stop the disease. What they said was incorrect partisan drivel.

Prisons are being ravaged by COVID https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/21/o...e=articleShare

Guards and their families at high risk in small towns without infrastructure to take on a spike. Ugh

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    There’s rarely any accountability for making obviously absurd political predictions.

Remember, the same people telling us COVID would disappear if Biden won are the same people saying the increase in mail-in voting would lead to rampant election fraud. Heck, they’re the same people that said thousands of little girls would get raped in bathrooms if we allowed transgender people to use their bathroom of preference. 4 years later... near zero instances...

If you go back and look at all their bogus predictions, you realize how frequently they are dead wrong. The only question left is: why do they keep believing these predictions given how often they’ve been wrong before?
    You answered your final question in your opening statement.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    They didn't cheer for the virus but they sure the hell saw it as a political switchblade and politicized the ****ing **** out of it.

However, they did cheer for a failure from the trump administration in regard to a response. So in a massive roundabout way...I suppose you could say that they cheered that the virus would not be contained during Trump's administration.
    In a sense, maybe.

But face it, it is about time that Trump and his supporters acknowldge that they completely fubarred the re-election (it WAS his to win) precisely because of his (and their) POS response to Covid-19.

Seriously, even at such a late date as it was, that assclump in the White House would probably have won if he had come out of his own recovery with any sense of humility, empathy, and leadership.

Screw your excuses. Covid-19 didn’t bring down Trump and his merry band of deplorables. His response to it did.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I’m sure they liked Trump’s ineptitude from a political standpoint, but that’s a far cry from actively cheering the disease.

Democrats wanted to shut the entire country down specifically to stop the disease. What they said was incorrect partisan drivel.
    What good is that going to do? Once you reopen, cases are going to happen. It isn't like a lockdown is going to do away with the virus. Plus, how many businesses and people's livelihoods will be lost? By god, you will be saved from a disease with a 99%+ recovery rate, but you won't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out.

When does people's actual livelihoods and economic well being take some precedence over the virus?
    Eichel Tower

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    What good is that going to do? Once you reopen, cases are going to happen. It isn't like a lockdown is going to do away with the virus. Plus, how many businesses and people's livelihoods will be lost? By god, you will be saved from a disease with a 99%+ recovery rate, but you won't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out.

When does people's actual livelihoods and economic well being take some precedence over the virus?
    First Bolded: Save hundreds of thousands of American’s lives...

Second Bolded: when do American lives take some precedence over the economy?

I agree an indefinite shutdown is too far, but seriously, the absolute indifference displayed towards hundreds of thousands of dead Americans is astounding.

therein lies the quandry....where is the point of diminishing return, where is the balance that slows this thing down to a crawl yet doesn't kill the economy.....
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

therein lies the quandry....where is the point of diminishing return, where is the balance that slows this thing down to a crawl yet doesn't kill the economy.....
    A great question. Off hand I’d say somewhere in between total shutdown and Sweden’s “no restrictions” plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I’ll say 1/3 of eligible voters.
    My bad, I should have said a little less than half of those who voted were for Trump. Either way, it doesn't give me much hope.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

There’s no business to be done on a dead planet.

When the government decides to support them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

The economy is fine. It it wasn’t we’d bail it out like we did under Obama. It’s people who are getting ****ed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    There’s no business to be done on a dead planet.
    well, there's also no virus that's going to be able to wipe out the entire population either, so moot point
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

well, there's also no virus that's going to be able to wipe out the entire population either, so moot point
    No it's not. Fixing the economy and fixing the pandemic go hand in hand. Can't do the former without the latter.

I feel like you got the point entirely and just drifted passed it because you weren't sure how to respond.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!