Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 112 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2430
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The Fox hosts are replaceable cogs in a machine designed to ensure that certain ideas get out there while others get silenced. Theyíre a whole different problem.
    To manufacture consent?

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    To manufacture consent?
    I suppose that's what you can call it. I believe they exist to ensure that no Republican president is ever subjected to the kind of accountability that Richard Nixon faced. Whatever you want to call that, that's what they are there for.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Sound like a fun class for everybody.
    It is... It's a 3 week course I do in January... and it's kind of a blow off class. The whole point is to get students to think about how the portrayal of mental illness (and psychologists) shapes their beliefs about mental illness (and psychologists). So they watch movies then I wind them up with loaded questions and they argue with each other like it's the PSD politics forum. It's so much fun.

For example we watched Room... and I asked if the Brie Larson character's attempted suicide changes the way you see her as a good/bad mother. I didn't have to so anything for an hour... and learning still happened.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    lol, what I been saying since january.

The biggest downside to our govts ineptitude is yet to come, we bout to kick out another 3 trillion corona stimulus. Trumps inaction cost America trillions of dollars. Think how much cheaper this could have been had we been active from the start.

The way the numbers looks so far, had we been active from the start we probably wouldnt have even had to shut down the economy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    We should all get tests? We should get all tested? If so, yes.

My state (Connecticut) was in the thick of the first wave due to our proximity to New York City. We have the third highest mortality rate (103 dead per 100,000 population) from covid-19 and the highest infection rate per test (24%) of any state in the country ó statistics I am sure we would prefer not to possess.

When we get the opportunity to assess our response, we will no doubt see the lack of testing as among the major factors for our situation (another will be the problem of what happened with our nursing homes, where over 50% of our dead resided). The biggest question will be: where were those tests when we needed them and called for them?

CDC now estimates that the mortality rate is .26%. They also believe many more Americans have been affected with the disease but donít show any symptoms and the mortality rate is much larger in older people and people with other health conditions

https://twitter.com/cdcgov/status/12...161772033?s=21

When this first started many estimates were in the 2-3% for mortality rate but itís obviously much lower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They also said the mortality rate in people under 50 is 0.032%. The same mortality rate in under 50 with the flu is 0.1%.

Itís obviously much more contagious than the flu because people arenít immune to it but you have a bigger chance at getting struck by lightening and dying than you do getting covid and dying if youíre under 50

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    They also said the mortality rate in people under 50 is 0.032%. The same mortality rate in under 50 with the flu is 0.1%.

Itís obviously much more contagious than the flu because people arenít immune to it but you have a bigger chance at getting struck by lightening and dying than you do getting covid and dying if youíre under 50

Iím suspicious

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

How many Americans die every year from lightning strikes? There must be a crazy amount of storms and stupid people going out in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    How many Americans die every year from lightning strikes? There must be a crazy amount of storms and stupid people going out in them.
    An average of around 50 people in the U.S. per year die from a lightning strike. The COVID-19 death count for Americans under the age of 50 was already near 800 in early April. Having trouble finding exact figures for the present right now but I'd guess that it's easily double that.

Either way about it, Brewer's comparison has no grounding in reality.

PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I suppose that's what you can call it. I believe they exist to ensure that no Republican president is ever subjected to the kind of accountability that Richard Nixon faced. Whatever you want to call that, that's what they are there for.
    I think the fourth estate fell apart without Fox News. From talking to and listening to old journalists it was the death of the local city desk beat reporter that was the first step to get us here. And that death was mostly caused by craigslist taking the backbone of the newspaper industries revenue out in less than a year.

Add to that that our government allowed the massive consolidation of the media industry, including the news media, and there were not only fewer discernible voices, with the government cooperating the corporate interests were not interested in rocking the political boat.

Once the fourth estate fell away as a major check (the public) on government actions, the parties grew closer and closer to each other and it became more and more about playing a good game for the public to keep the status quo going.

Trump came along and didn't play by the rules, and the media, with no rules on how to handle someone like him, fell back on what worked in the past which was to point at and mock at every opportunity. That's has worked countless times in political press in the past so it confused them when it didn't work at first, so they doubled down. The end result being that Trump won the office largely on the path laid out by left leaning media and bringing conservative media on board toward the end (Fox hated Trump until mid-2016) when there were no other choices left.

What is sad is that we haven't learned and nothing has changed. We are still allowing consolidation. We are still stuck talking about everything Trump says or does. We are still being fed controversy by both sides so we don't pay attention to them selling our future and extending their programs that spy on us.

I'm a patriotic person and I love my country, and I'd love it to be great again ... but really great, like a beacon of hope and opportunity and true freedom. I'm going to vote whenever possible for someone trying to get us there, and politicizing a pandemic (on either side) is not part of that formula.

As evidenced by the thousands we tragically lose every year due to lightning strikes in the US.

If you seriously believe you have a greater chance of dying from a lightning strike than Covid if you're under 50, God help you.

"They"? Is that in here somewhere? https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...iew/index.html