Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 176 of 338 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 5070
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Listen to the medical experts not politicans. Why is that so hard to do?
    Neither of them have any idea as to how to deal with this. I choose to listen to neither. I listen to the things I see in front of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    How many times will you use a variation of ďthis virus isnít that seriousĒ before you realize it is serious?
    The exact amount of times you choose to put those words in my mouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    A few months back he told us it was a farce because he didn't know anybody who had it. So I guess "this virus isn't that serious" is a small improvement. I hope it doesn't take an IC ward visit to bring it home to him.
    Hey look. Someone else putting words in my mouth again.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Why do you think your child is incapable of learning from home?
    Surprising! More words being put in my mouth. When did I ever say that my child is incapable of learning from home? I am blessed that if need be, I can pay for excellent private learning but Id prefer to not do that as it distracts from social and societal interfacing.

I suspect that not a single person that I am replying to in this post has a child or specifically one of schooling age. You guys have not seen the crap they were teaching on-line the end of last semester. It was horrific and a complete waste of my, my wife's, my child's and his teacher's time.

And let's not look at me as the single participant in the education conversation. Let's also discuss the impact on single parent families and families that require both parents to work full time. How's on-line learning going to work for them? It simply won't.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Neither of them have any idea as to how to deal with this. I choose to listen to neither. I listen to the things I see in front of me.
    This actually gave me a good chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    and again what if all the kids and adults the infected cane in contact with? Just let them keep going to school?
    kid gets infected at school, we already know two people are infected at a minimum
    infected kid now goes home...potentially infected their whole family
    family members then go to work for several days before having any idea they're infected, infecting co-workers
    A big reason we're IN this situation is because too many had the 'it won't happen to me' or 'I can't see it therefore it's not there' mindset........the geometrically increasing snowball effect continues

substitute teachers are also quite often older people who retired...or just tired...of teaching full time....therefore higher risk, so yeah let's put more of THEM in these situations, too
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

The exact amount of times you choose to put those words in my mouth.

Hey look. Someone else putting words in my mouth again.

Surprising! More words being put in my mouth. When did I ever say that my child is incapable of learning from home? I am blessed that if need be, I can pay for excellent private learning but Id prefer to not do that as it distracts from social and societal interfacing.

I suspect that not a single person that I am replying to in this post has a child or specifically one of schooling age. You guys have not seen the crap they were teaching on-line the end of last semester. It was horrific and a complete waste of my, my wife's, my child's and his teacher's time.

And let's not look at me as the single participant in the education conversation. Let's also discuss the impact on single parent families and families that require both parents to work full time. How's on-line learning going to work for them? It simply won't.
    You said they weren't getting an education, that what I was referencing. I think kids are more capable and adaptable than you think. In high school, college, and law school, we always had online components, every school does (and that was as much as 15 years ago for me). This is just more of that for the time being. Just because the system is foreign to you doesn't mean its ineffective for your kid. Same goes for socializing that others have brought up. There are lots of ways to socialize that aren't face to face.

I'm sure there were problems in the Spring, that was a makeshift system that was made on the fly.

Sending kids into a petrie dish to spread the disease is not the answer. Kids can be schooled online for 1-2 semesters.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

An aspect of online learning I've not seen maybe enough talk about is.....online learning currently means kids staying at home...kids staying at home mean daycare issues. Earlier, parents themselves were largely at home, but that's less and less the case now. So, if the kids aren't in school, the parents can't necessarily work from home, and the day cares are either not open or scaled down capacity...now what?

Maybe hazmat suits should just be the new norm
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    1. If a student or teacher tests positive then they have to quarantine themselves for 14 days like what the usual protocol is right now

2. Teacher tests positive then you have subs to fill in

3. Would be pretty similar to how it is at your normal company

4. Obviously you have sub teachers. Also depends what grade level this is

5. The govt/states should be providing the tests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1. Just themselves or the classes/students in them they were in close contact with at the time as well? If they test positive again after 2 weeks is it 2 more? If we start removing classrooms for weeks due to high risk exposure if say teacher and classmate have it and then that happens multiple times you have now really affected the learning ability as they may be missing over a month of a semester and it could be in the form of come back leave come back leave and so on.

2. So we are assuming we will always just have more subs even if this hits hard? If some school or area is hit hard what if a sub declines to go there? Is there any sort of pay to make up for these risks and precautions and so on for teachers who already have a low salary often while needing to pay for supplies themselves?

3. If this is true then like I said in 1 we will have major issues as entire classrooms may be getting shut down for 2 weeks at a time then. If this happens 4 times in a semester you lost 2 month in a roughly 4.5 month time frame of learning for the entire class.

4. See 2 I guess.

5. So the government is going to provide the massive amounts of tests to continually test teachers/kids? Do you have any idea of our ability to provide that many/the costs to do this by chance?

Essentially this route seems more dangerous, more costly, more likely to lead to massive gaps in learning potentially eating up say half of a semester in quarantine if people in class get it and they treat it like companies where those in close contact also get quarantined etc. which doesn't seem like a good environment at all anyways. It seems very chaotic and could easily lead to more sick days for workers and so on anyways themselves having to stay quarantined with their kids every time this happens. I can go on but there are tons of logistical issues and it seems most just want to scream "open up the schools" without ever addressing this or having real thought out plans.

Must be nice to continue to hurt the economy right before the election. All the retail stores missing out on back to school sales etc

Itís going to be hilarious how all of this will be a non story if Biden wins
    Hey remember when you were saying how Florida didnít have an increase of cases after re-opening?

Howís that looking now?

Serious question: do you ever get tired of being wrong about this virus?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Hey remember when you were saying how Florida didnít have an increase of cases after re-opening?

Howís that looking now?

Serious question: do you ever get tired of being wrong about this virus?
    Or the irony of the anti-mitigation crowd complaining about schools not re-opening. Try the awful inconvenience of a mask for six weeks and this being over vs crying about how schools wont reopen months later.

Going to be a good time to see the cult of
    Trump go from supporting police unions and cops quitting and not showing up to work to complaining and berating teachers and their unions for not showing up because they donít feel safe.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    kid gets infected at school, we already know two people are infected at a minimum
    infected kid now goes home...potentially infected their whole family
    family members then go to work for several days before having any idea they're infected, infecting co-workers
    A big reason we're IN this situation is because too many had the 'it won't happen to me' or 'I can't see it therefore it's not there' mindset........the geometrically increasing snowball effect continues

substitute teachers are also quite often older people who retired...or just tired...of teaching full time....therefore higher risk, so yeah let's put more of THEM in these situations, too
    Yup, while working for a ****** salary because is not like they will get hazard paid.

And we have not even begun to state who will paid for medical bills and tests since you know this countries healthcare system sucks ***.

AGAIN the vast majority of people under 60 will not die from this. A lot of times they wonít even have symptoms. Stop acting scared from a virus that is vastly overhyped by the media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You're brainwashed. All I did was state WHY this virus is an issue that cannot be ignored. If its ignored, it will destroy the health system and economy beyond what any lockdown can do.

It's sad because you can see off the bat, close to half of americans support the republican party, so off the jump half of Americans are completely ignorant as to how we can act while being safe. This is the reason we are having surges. Theres a lot of ignorant people like brewers fan walking around and spreading this thing and wreaking havoc, and they are completely clueless about it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Unbelieveable. This is exactly what I was pointing out in my post to brewer's, republican supporters are completely clueless because they are mimicking their own leadership, which is clueless.

Just an FYI, humans know exactly what to expect in a pandemic. Everything that has happened I could have predicted in January. The american educational and medical system KNOWS how to deal with everything thats going on. Your political party has no clue what's going on, and so is trying to convince you that no one does either. Wrong. Theres a reason this thing started in China and they have less than a fiftieth of our casualties. Because they applied verified human knowledge to their pandemic response. America didnt.

It really is that simple.

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Unbelieveable. This is exactly what I was pointing out in my post to brewer's, republican supporters are completely clueless because they are mimicking their own leadership, which is clueless.

Just an FYI, humans know exactly what to expect in a pandemic. Everything that has happened I could have predicted in January. The american educational and medical system KNOWS how to deal with everything thats going on. Your political party has no clue what's going on, and so is trying to convince you that no one does either. Wrong. Theres a reason this thing started in China and they have less than a fiftieth of our casualties. Because they applied verified human knowledge to their pandemic response. America didnt.

It really is that simple.

Have fun banging your head on this wall. The right is actually having armed protest against wearing mask, stay at home orders and social distancing requirement. I saw one owner of a closed bar, demanding that "Bars lives matter too" Thank the republcan party in making this a cultural thing instead of a public health threat.
    Last edited by WES445; 07-16-2020 at 03:35 PM.
    WE STILL KNOW WHERE THE PITCHFORKS ARE:Beau of the Fifth Column, you tube.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    This actually gave me a good chuckle.
    It's definitely a post of the year candidate

We having a Doofus Awards event?
    WE STILL KNOW WHERE THE PITCHFORKS ARE:Beau of the Fifth Column, you tube.