Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 242 1231151101 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

COVID-19 Response: An issue that shouldn't be at all political....yet here we are

Indeed, a number of recent polls by Axios, Civiqs, NBC News/Wall Street Journal, Pew, Reuters, and Quinnipiac University have all confirmed that concern about COVID-19 is greater among self-identified Democrats than Republicans (this summary suggests that, on average, 65 percent of Democrats are either somewhat or very concerned about catching the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus compared to only 38 percent of Republicans), while Republicans are much more likely to believe that social distancing is an unnecessary overreaction.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psy...-beliefs%3famp

The title of this thread came to me prior to actually finding this article. Just something I've been noticing more and more lately.

Regardless this could be used as a general thread for COVID-19/coronavirus discussion as well.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    People are in a culture war and we don;t know how to stop... Hell There's a chance for a global ceasefire to actual war and we can't listen to each other with out calling people stupid.

Ya know people are scared... scared of dieing. Scared of going broke. scared of losing control. And instead of shutting the **** up and going you know what it sucks to deal with that. Instead of processing all these god damn feelings... It's just easier to say you are ****ing stupid because Trump/ libtards.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

I donít think that this split is entirely political. Republicans and democrats are widely believed to see the world differently in a way that would impact their view of the crisis.

Republicans tend to be less likely to trust anything out of the government including scientific data. The tend to look for solutions by the individual and not the collective. Democrats are more likely to accept government information especially scientific information and solutions in group actions.

Iím not saying there isnít a strong political component to the division, just that there is also likely personality reasons for how we see the crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    I donít think that this split is entirely political. Republicans and democrats are widely believed to see the world differently in a way that would impact their view of the crisis.

Republicans tend to be less likely to trust anything out of the government including scientific data. The tend to look for solutions by the individual and not the collective. Democrats are more likely to accept government information especially scientific information and solutions in group actions.

Iím not saying there isnít a strong political component to the division, just that there is also likely personality reasons for how we see the crisis.
    Absolutely but you also can't deny the correlation. Yes, I'm aware you didn't but still.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    I donít think that this split is entirely political. .
    I think its political. There are 2 sides to this issue, the virus and the economy. Each political side seems to prioritize differently. Both sides are right. It just depends how we want to move forward as a country.

Essentially what Brewers is saying is true. We need to figure out what protocol to set to allow us to start slowly opening back up. That's the smart way to go about it.

The big question is do we have leadership capable of figuring that protocol out. The answer is a resounding no.

So we're kinda stuck in the middle...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righ