Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 39 of 160 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I'm well aware that they are not butcher shops and nowhere near it. My dad was a butcher that managed a meat department and would get flown out to slaughterhouses. I was certainly not trying to equate a butcher shop or meat department to a slaughterhouse.

Losing some of these resources would not be good but I'm very confident going vegetarian for a few months isn't going to kill anyone.
    Taking away a MAJOR source of food for the planet will kill a lot of people.

Keep in mind that the reserve pipeline in toilet paper of 2% was exhausted the first day the shelter was started and took weeks to recover, and TP is not perishable like veggies are. Moving people to a vegetable diet will result in mass panic if nothing else, and panic almost always results in some deaths.
    Last edited by Scoots; 04-29-2020 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Yes
    By who? How?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    By who? How?
    Capitalism

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Yeah, my daughter's been having a rough go. Graduated college this year and started working in January, now she has an apartment that I'm paying for because she cant work due to the virus. It's a tough situation to be in, but I guess they had to draw a line somewhere.
    I would invest in some bootstraps for her. I’ve been told if you have those you can pull yourself up out of anything.

Yankees Farm System

Capitalism
    Capitalism is not an instrument of force. It's a choice ... not an easy choice, but still a choice.

There is force in place to make people in the military go to work, but really nobody else I can think of, and military people agree in advance to the terms, so even then it's their choice, and they have legal recourse in place if they object to what they are being told to do but they do have an actual threat of force. I might be missing some and I know actual force has been applied to try to make people work in the past but I don't think it's happening now.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Yeah, hes told me the details but I'm so far off I dont remember. He really enjoys his bus driving, a reason to get up in the morning and a little spending money.
    School bus drivers always seemed to be the friendliest of people in my experience. Wouldn’t be surprised if it pulls in a lot of people who really just want to interact with kids in a low stress way.

Yankees Farm System

How do you feel about the Lakers getting a small business loan?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/27/busin...rnd/index.html

It’s amazing how they ‘**** it up’ every time one of these programs get instituted.

At least shining a light on some of this has shamed some businesses into returning these.

Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I've said before that anyone right or left deserves to be criticized. if Mike Pence should have worn a mask and he didn't, then he deserves to be criticized.

this is why having me on ignore is stupid, immature, childish. you miss bipartisan/important information. here and the Joe Biden thread too.
    1. Rephrase your first paragraph. The last sentence should be “Mike Pence should have worn a mask and he didn’t; he deserves to be criticized.

2. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    This is spot on. The invisible hand of poverty, or looming poverty, leaves so many without a real choice in so many matters.

If a job reopens that could put them at risk, and they are told they need to go back to work or they will lose their job, what options do they really have?

Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    1. Rephrase your first paragraph. The last sentence should be “Mike Pence should have worn a mask and he didn’t; he deserves to be criticized.

2. LOL

I'm sorry I wasn't clear. yes Mike Pence should have worn a mask. I don't know a good reason why he wouldn't have.

don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't like what I'm posting.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    This is spot on. The invisible hand of poverty, or looming poverty, leaves so many without a real choice in so many matters.

If a job reopens that could put them at risk, and they are told they need to go back to work or they will lose their job, what options do they really have?

So Chris Hayes suggestion is……………

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    So Chris Hayes suggestion is……………
    Become a vegeterian.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Become a vegeterian.
    That’d be a start.

The “such a ****ing Edison” comment on that thread is *chef’s kiss*