Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 160 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
    Pakistan’s Fragile Health System Faces a Viral Catastrophe

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...al-catastrophe

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post

Places like this are going to be trouble for everyone. An inability to manage this pandemic in countries like Pakistan could mean we live with flare ups from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    Places like this are going to be trouble for everyone. An inability to manage this pandemic in countries like Pakistan could mean we live with flare ups from time to time.
    Yup and we can hardly keep up here. Can’t imagine the number of negligence cases we’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the US is managing it well?

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    And the US is managing it well?
    Absolutely not but do expect we will eventually get our arms around it. Can you say that about Pakistan? Or Yemen?

Oh things are probably gonna get bad. I forgot if I had posted this earlier, but back in mid march they had a huge mass gathering, religious gathering of 100,000 people from all over the world, the govt warned against it but didnt shut it down.

https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/south...k-after-100000

That's just pure ignorance. The govt cant be allowing this stuff to happen, but they did.

Somehow 3rd world countries hadn't been hit as hard, but maybe they're just on later timelines. I dont know.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Interesting article from Bloomberg Businessweek on using a “super chapter 11 process”:

The Bankruptcy Trap: https://www.magzter.com/article/Busi...ankruptcy-Trap
    Great read, thanks for sharing.

They are one of three countries that still has active polio transmission...........wow. They are going to be absolutely ravaged by this. Really hard to come from behind when so little money is put into medical.

I disagree with your premise.

Just to be clear. Do you think that McConnell put forward a proposal and Pelosi said no and then how ever many day of delaying she said yes and pretended McConnell was responsible for the delay?
    from what I understand there was a bill with money for small businesses. Nancy Pelosi/Democrats wanted other things included in that bill so they objected to it. why couldn't they agree to help small businesses at the time, and then come up with another bill for hospitals/ect.

don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't like what I'm posting.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I see you're up to your new favorite trollish behavior of quoting numerous poster's words within the same post. If you are trying to get people to completely avoid the topic of your posts and instead belittle you for your insane approach to posting, keep up the good work.
    my trollish behavior? in a post where you didn't even address what I said or have anything on the topic.

don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't like what I'm posting.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Absolutely not but do expect we will eventually get our arms around it. Can you say that about Pakistan? Or Yemen?
    I hope we do (but I am not nearly as optimistic as you). As for other countries, well I don’t doubt that they’ll handle it poorly as well, but either way, I imagine we’ll have plenty of locally grown flare-ups here before we have to deal with the fallout from them.

That was the case from the beginning no matter what anybody does. It's what viruses do, and this is a pretty strong one.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Oh things are probably gonna get bad. I forgot if I had posted this earlier, but back in mid march they had a huge mass gathering, religious gathering of 100,000 people from all over the world, the govt warned against it but didnt shut it down.

https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/south...k-after-100000

That's just pure ignorance. The govt cant be allowing this stuff to happen, but they did.

Somehow 3rd world countries hadn't been hit as hard, but maybe they're just on later timelines. I dont know.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Earlier this month China went forward with the Qingming Festival

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Earlier this month China went forward with the Qingming Festival
    Yep, just goes to show how much more we really need science focused people in leadership around the world.

Not that it would make anything perfect, but there are countless decisions across this outbreak that would just make you scratch your head.

Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Yep, just goes to show how much more we really need science focused people in leadership around the world.

Not that it would make anything perfect, but there are countless decisions across this outbreak that would just make you scratch your head.

My working theory is that the Chinese figured out how the disease spread and then killed the people who weren't powerful enough to stop themselves from being killed and quarantined those who did have enough power to safe their lives.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!