Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 160 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    https://covidtracking.com/data/us-daily

Testing has been linear since the first of the month. Average around 145k tests a day and 30-35k positives a day. I havenít seen any data that addresses the possibility of multiple tests on a given person but the total testing as of the last time that website was updated is about 3.7 million tests. Thatís a little over 1% of the US population.

Any thought of the country reopening is likely gonna need at least 3.7 million tests a day not every couple months.
    Here is the problem with testing right now- you have Maryland where our governor says our testing capacity is 10,000, which he said late last week. It wasn't until after that press conference where our total case number in the state went over 10,000. So just because so few people have been tested, doesn't necessarily mean that our testing is lagging behind. In some states there just isn't a need.

Also, Rutgers developed a swab-less test last week that was being deployed to NYS and NJ. I expect other places will begin using that test shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    This just means kids are going to skate through the neighborhood, or find parking garages at the empty malls now.
    So what.

PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    So what.
    Because the point of this stuff is to stay home.

Additionally, there is a lot of liability for those places if someone gets hurt on their premises.

Additionally, there is a lot of liability for those places if someone gets hurt on their premises.
    I'd rather they have to get creative to find somewhere to skate than have an obvious meeting spot where many more would congregate together. If a few kids choose to skate through neighborhoods (including mine), I don't give a damn.

PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Here is the problem with testing right now- you have Maryland where our governor says our testing capacity is 10,000, which he said late last week. It wasn't until after that press conference where our total case number in the state went over 10,000. So just because so few people have been tested, doesn't necessarily mean that our testing is lagging behind. In some states there just isn't a need.

Also, Rutgers developed a swab-less test last week that was being deployed to NYS and NJ. I expect other places will begin using that test shortly.
    There is a need everywhere. Right now we are only testing people after they are overwhelmingly symptomatic, thatís too late to prevent transmission. We need to test people will mild symptoms and eventually asymptomatic people. The reason this is such an issue is because people transmit without being symptomatic. If we want to let people out without causing a massive spike, we need to test a lot of people. One plan I saw called for 22 million tests a day and would require everyone to get tested every two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Once again big money funding the idiots to protest against their own interests. I love how some of them brought their guns. Exercising their white privilege. No other ethnic group could get away with protesting while armed. Not that I am pushing for the same right, but that it is dangerous to have armed people in a highly charged protest march. Think of the vandalism and police confrontation that occurs during various G7 and some Black protest. There is always idiots mix in those marches.
    Not a gun advocate, but I do wonder if there were more ethnic people protesting with guns showing it might result in some progress in a bunch of directions.

I don't know where you are but our parks are all open, because the problem isn't staying indoors so much as not being where other people are. I went to a dog park the other day, there were never more than 2 people in a very large area and nobody got closer than 20 feet of each other and the dog got a bath when we got home.

Is the issue the skate park or that skaters can't be trusted to maintain their distance? Because that I've seen, but it's not a skater or skate park issue. I've seen teens chatting in parking lots, I actually saw several doing some kind of choreographed dance last week. I saw 8 kids playing soccer yesterday.

And grocery stores are a nightmare right now. I've never seen the parking lots as full, and with the hours being reduced I can't really avoid the crowds, and with the aisles you can't even maintain 6' of distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I don't know where you are but our parks are all open, because the problem isn't staying indoors so much as not being where other people are. I went to a dog park the other day, there were never more than 2 people in a very large area and nobody got closer than 20 feet of each other and the dog got a bath when we got home.

Is the issue the skate park or that skaters can't be trusted to maintain their distance? Because that I've seen, but it's not a skater or skate park issue. I've seen teens chatting in parking lots, I actually saw several doing some kind of choreographed dance last week. I saw 8 kids playing soccer yesterday.

And grocery stores are a nightmare right now. I've never seen the parking lots as full, and with the hours being reduced I can't really avoid the crowds, and with the aisles you can't even maintain 6' of distance.
    I am in a suburb of Annapolis, a series of smaller communities and one larger one. Annapolis is the state capital of Maryland, and a city of 50,000 or so. I am about the same distance from Washington DC as I am from Baltimore.

The county executive put an executive order in place banning parks from people congregating and using them, unless they were running/jogging/walking through, or walking a pet. In my own community, all of the kids were congregating in two areas where they were jungle gym equipment that wasn't ever sanitized, instead of being at home. This was the case all around the county apparently, so they shut them down.

The grocery stores in our area over the past week have now put into effect limits in the store, and are enforcing lines outside of the store where people are six feet apart from one another. This is true at Sams Club, the Giant that I frequent as well as the local community supermarket right down the street from me.

I am in a suburb of Annapolis, a series of smaller communities and one larger one. Annapolis is the state capital of Maryland, and a city of 50,000 or so. I am about the same distance from Washington DC as I am from Baltimore.

The county executive put an executive order in place banning parks from people congregating and using them, unless they were running/jogging/walking through, or walking a pet. In my own community, all of the kids were congregating in two areas where they were jungle gym equipment that wasn't ever sanitized, instead of being at home. This was the case all around the county apparently, so they shut them down.

The grocery stores in our area over the past week have now put into effect limits in the store, and are enforcing lines outside of the store where people are six feet apart from one another. This is true at Sams Club, the Giant that I frequent as well as the local community supermarket right down the street from me.
    Iíve been doing the shopping for my parents, but I feel like the government should be doing something to help add way more capacity for businesses to do grocery shopping online at like amazon or simple pickups and go at grocery stores.

And maybe add priority passes for seniors and immunity compromised individuals for things like prime grocery shopping. Because when I try and shop online there are often no times available since I assume there just isnít the capacity available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

COVID-19 has become political, no ****.

this should be something where politicians and media are bipartisan, but nope. I've already provided evidence of how Democrats have wanted things included to help their agenda that had nothing to do with this.

don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't like what I'm posting.
    Į\_(ツ)_/Į

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

11. 04-19-2020, 05:31 PM
    Reason
    Insults

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Iíve been doing the shopping for my parents, but I feel like the government should be doing something to help add way more capacity for businesses to do grocery shopping online at like amazon or simple pickups and go at grocery stores.

And maybe add priority passes for seniors and immunity compromised individuals for things like prime grocery shopping. Because when I try and shop online there are often no times available since I assume there just isnít the capacity available.

Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

NYT is blaming Hannity for a death from the virus.

https://twitter.com/comfortablysmug/...117807621?s=21

Read that thread

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post

Read that thread

Where is the link?

Read that thread

I like how 1. Thatís not what that article says and 2. The Twitter dude submits a WaPo article as evidence of the media downplaying COVID-19 by saying ďGet a grippe, America. The flu is a bigger threat than coronavirus, for now.Ē

Itís always fun when your facts donít align with your facts.

Read that thread

Where is the article?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 9 of 160 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast