Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 160 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

COVID-19 Response: An issue that shouldn't be at all political....yet here we are

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Yeah thatís exactly it! Damn Fox News! Iíve always said that shutting the economy down is stupid. Thatís going to potentially cause more harm than the virus itself will. Especially if these numbers are true where the mortality rate could be closer to the flu than the 1-2% like first projected.

People have lost their jobs. People donít have any money. Small businesses are closing daily. Over 50% of restaurants in WI will likely be shutting down for good according to the WI restaurant association. Depression is likely a lot higher resulting in more suicide cases. Domestic abuse issues are higher now and kids/seniors are being forced out of a lot of stuff. Prom, graduation, athletes missing their last year.

They should have protected the most vulnerable without shutting down the entire country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wait, so the economy is worth more than the lives of thousands and thousands of our citizens? This is nothing like the flu. Have you had anyone in your life affected by this? I have and I donít wish it upon anyone. Imagine having someone you love go into the hospital to be checked and you never get to see that person again. Canít wait for you or FNK or Sluggo try to tell me you all coincidentally disagree.

Last edited by Pierzynski4Prez; 04-18-2020 at 01:48 AM.

This country isnít meant to be shut down. People want to work, run their business, go to ballgames, movies etc. People are struggling financially and we have two parties who canít even pass a simple bill to add more money into the small business loan. I know people who got permanently laid off. Heís 61 and was 3 years away from retirement. Going to be hard for him to find a good paying job now.

Thereís gotta be a way to open up counties that havenít been hit hard yet still protect the most vulnerable. Things like nursing homes and keep fans out of stadiums yet until this thing is pretty much gone.

Thereís no need though to shut the entire country down, especially when a lot of states have very few cases.

What people want and what people need aren't generally one and the same. This is financially tough on most everyone but it's not something we can't bounce back from. Give me another half year or year of this **** if that's what it takes; I'm not trippin'.

I'd rather take the measured and safe approach than just say "**** it" and hope for the best.

PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Wait, so the economy is worth more than the lives of thousands and thousands of our citizens? This is nothing like the flu. Have you had anyone in your life affected by this? I have and I donít wish it upon anyone. Imagine having someone you love go into the hospital to be checked and you never get to see that person again. Canít wait for you or FNK or Sluggo try to tell me you all coincidentally disagree.

Heís pro-life bro.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    What people want and what people need aren't generally one and the same. This is financially tough on most everyone but it's not something we can't bounce back from. Give me another half year or year of this **** if that's what it takes; I'm not trippin'.

I'd rather take the measured and safe approach than just say "**** it" and hope for the best.
    Please tell me where I said ď**** itĒ and hope for the best.

Thereís ways you can keep the economy open and take precaution against this. Keep the elderly people at home (especially the retired people)

Nursing homes only allow people in if theyíve been tested (15 min rapid testing) or temperatures taken. Allow a time period where they can go to the grocery store. Sometime in the morning.

Protect the most vulnerable while not destroying the economy.

Im not saying open up beaches or have concerts and packed stadiums. But thereís a reasonable approach you can take to protect the elderly and keep people working.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post

I have not but I can tell you shutting down areas that have like 5 cases the entire time in a wide area is beyond stupid. You canít shut down entire states with little cases and widespread area with very little population. Iím not saying open everything up but I think thereís more reasonable steps that can be taken other than shutting down everything

Thereís ways you can keep the economy open and take precaution against this. Keep the elderly people at home (especially the retired people)

Nursing homes only allow people in if theyíve been tested (15 min rapid testing) or temperatures taken. Allow a time period where they can go to the grocery store. Sometime in the morning.

Im not saying open up beaches or have concerts and packed stadiums. But thereís a reasonable approach you can take to protect the elderly and keep people working.

Which is going to blow your mind more: the definition of ďasymptomaticĒ, the fact that grocery stores are not boarded up like a Walking Dead scene (we can excuse this as one of your reliable strawman deflections in retreat), or the fact that the nature of a pandemic is such that the vulnerable youíre pretending to care about here are made more vulnerable by the way you treat those that arenít?

COVID-19 Response: An issue that shouldn't be at all political....yet here we are

Please donít take his word for me wanting to work.

Last edited by ewing; 04-18-2020 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I know people who were affected by the virus, both by getting sick and as a repercussion of NY shutting down. My neighbor got it, my uncle got it, I had distant relatives die from it, momís uncle has it, sisters coworker died from it, and thereís probably more that I havenít heard of yet.

On the other hand, Iíve been laid off, donít qualify for a stimulus check, have been blowing through my savings, and have a lot of friends in my age group doing the same. I know essential workers who are getting sick and making less money than those getting unemployment, and I know people who do qualify for unemployment/the stimulus check but got neither and as a result, are also blowing through their savings.

People need money and need to be paid adequately to get by. All of what Iím saying is very true and I bet all of you guys know people on both sides of the spectrum who are affected by this but that doesnít mean itís a testament to open up the country, it means the government should be doing more for its citizens to make sure that their quality of life doesnít dramatically decrease.

Itís easy for people to say that $1200 is enough or that people are selfish for wanting to go back to work/reopen the economy but the people who say that are typically in a position of privilege where they donít need to worry about these things.

I mean just think about it, people are willing to sacrifice lives just so they can go back to their ****** job because otherwise, theyíre going to go broke. Thatís some dystopian kind of **** right there.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

According to most people who are qualified to have an opinion we need greater testing and contact tracing abilities to safely do want you are asking for in most areas. If we can do it safely sure but I donít think we should do it based on you or Trumps instincts

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    I know people who were affected by the virus, both by getting sick and as a repercussion of NY shutting down. My neighbor got it, my uncle got it, I had distant relatives die from it, momís uncle has it, sisters coworker died from it, and thereís probably more that I havenít heard of yet.

On the other hand, Iíve been laid off, donít qualify for a stimulus check, have been blowing through my savings, and have a lot of friends in my age group doing the same. I know essential workers who are getting sick and making less money than those getting unemployment, and I know people who do qualify for unemployment/the stimulus check but got neither and as a result, are also blowing through their savings.

People need money and need to be paid adequately to get by. All of what Iím saying is very true and I bet all of you guys know people on both sides of the spectrum who are affected by this but that doesnít mean itís a testament to open up the country, it means the government should be doing more for its citizens to make sure that their quality of life doesnít dramatically decrease.

Itís easy for people to say that $1200 is enough or that people are selfish for wanting to go back to work/reopen the economy but the people who say that are typically in a position of privilege where they donít need to worry about these things.

I mean just think about it, people are willing to sacrifice lives just so they can go back to their ****** job because otherwise, theyíre going to go broke. Thatís some dystopian kind of **** right there.
    Sorry for your losses. The virus sucks. Itís destroyed a lot of peopleís life like you laid out. I just personally think that thereís ways to open the economy back up while having strict protections in place. I think shutting everything down is going to do more harm in the long run than this virus and this isnít to undermine it at all.

We know who the most vulnerable people and areas are. We know who it affects the most. Letís protect them but also understand that less density areas should reopen. Thereís many parts of WI for example that literally have less than 5-10 people in the hospital from it. Why should these areas be forced to completely be shut down and have many people lose their business and employment? Obviously it can spread but itís less likely to spread in cities with less population/density than cities like NYC, Chicago, Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    According to most people who are qualified to have an opinion we need greater testing and contact tracing abilities to safely do want you are asking for in most areas. If we can do it safely sure but I donít think we should do it based on you or Trumps instincts

Except that these experts said yesterday that thereís enough testing for states to go into phase one as soon as today...

Exactly. Thereís also huge financial impact when you just ignore the problem and allow for wide swaths of people to just die or get very ill.

Brewers this is nothing like the flu (especially from a death rate perspective). Weíre two months in on this virus in the US and it would still be getting exponentially worse without the drastic measures.

Yankees Farm System

Sorry for your losses. The virus sucks. Itís destroyed a lot of peopleís life like you laid out. I just personally think that thereís ways to open the economy back up while having strict protections in place. I think shutting everything down is going to do more harm in the long run than this virus and this isnít to undermine it at all.

We know who the most vulnerable people and areas are. We know who it affects the most. Letís protect them but also understand that less density areas should reopen. Thereís many parts of WI for example that literally have less than 5-10 people in the hospital from it. Why should these areas be forced to completely be shut down and have many people lose their business and employment? Obviously it can spread but itís less likely to spread in cities with less population/density than cities like NYC, Chicago, Detroit.

Thatís the same reactive thinking that allowed this to get out of hand in the first place.

Waiting until you get too many cases and canít control things is not the way to go.

People should be taken care of. Many other nations are giving people that canít work because of the shut down things like 80% of their salaries as long as this goes on. Yes itís expensive, but there are still groups
    That are making money. They can help subsidize this short term with temporary higher tax rates.

We arenít ready yet to combat this thing with a functioning economy.

Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Exactly. Thereís also huge financial impact when you just ignore the problem and allow for wide swaths of people to just die or get very ill.

Brewers this is nothing like the flu (especially from a death rate perspective). Weíre two months in on this virus in the US and it would still be getting exponentially worse without the drastic measures.

While I think some businesses should have been given the chance to remain open and operate within CDC guidelines for handling their business, I'll point to Maryland at least and say that they recommended people stay home early on. Until we got this stay at home order, people were still going out and about on their daily routine. Delaware had to implement the same stay at home order after people came to their beach homes fleeing other stay at home orders. Now we have a state-wide order mandating masks in all open businesses and we aren't four hours in and social media is lighting up about the amount of people who aren't complying.

If we could rely on people to stay at home and use common sense, I doubt that so many businesses would be closed right now. But I'm sure it's the same in other areas- too many people were still out doing their routine and not taking precautions, so they had to shut it down.

When all is said and done, Iím guessing that of the so-called developed countries, the US will end up being the hardest hit by this pandemic ó in a number of ways.

I suppose we can only hope that going forward we will have learned something from the experience because I think we all know this will not be the last serious challenge of this nature we will encounter.

Page 2 of 160 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast