Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 207 of 323 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217257307 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 4837
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    a) Everyone isn't getting $1,000/week.

b)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...ary-state/amp/

c) As per usual, you're full of **** and doing everything you can to make it seem like the low income citizens of this country are living like kings off the government's back.

Keep licking them boots.
    You’re full of **** like usual!

And I have a problem when on average people are making 134% more than what they did prior to the pandemic by staying home AND the democrats want to extend this until end of the year even though everything is pretty much open right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    When you say they are getting 1000 a month it sounds like you are saying that is what everyone on unemployment is getting. It’s not. People who had lower paying jobs don’t get max level benefits. I think that was Broncs point

Ok people on average are making 134% more than when they worked by staying home. To me that’s not fair when you have all these lower paying jobs who the workers had to work through everything. “Essential” workers. There should be some sort of hazard pay for people who had to risk their lives and work through everything

Why are you so worked up about the government actually helping people in a time of need?

You sound jealous of those that are on unemployment. Pretty sad look to be honest. Maybe you should be happy you're able to work and keep your trap shut.
    I think extending them another 6 months is stupid. At what point do you cut it off or do you expect the govt to pay for all the extra benefits for years?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    You’re full of **** like usual!

And I have a problem when on average people are making 134% more than what they did prior to the pandemic by staying home AND the democrats want to extend this until end of the year even though everything is pretty much open right now.

Oh they are laid off,not staying home. See when their employer calls them back to work, they go back. Then they dont qualify for benefits. I get your complete misunderstanding of the facts though.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Oh they are laid off,not staying home. See when their employer calls them back to work, they go back. Then they dont qualify for benefits. I get your complete misunderstanding of the facts though.
    well, some aren't going back when called saying they'll wait until these benefits end
    Yes, the employer could then let the govt know, but most of them haven't been doing that if they can fill the position with someone else.

And now they need census workers...if they want to fill those up, they could offer a deal to the unemployed who may not otherwise apply for similar reasons.....because any income they make is normally dollar for dollar removed from an unemployment check, but they could reduce that to fill positions.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Oh man that 22 dollar difference!

Again, how long should people get the extra 600? Every business is pretty much open right now so why should they still get the extra money?

Gee I don't know. How long will it take to get a treatment for the coronavirus? Because that's the real answer. Until we can have people know they will be safe and not risking their lives just going to work, not everyone can return to work. But since you're intentionally missing my point let me once again spell it out...

The only people getting close to this magicaly $1000 a week you're talking about are folks who were making the most out of anyone. Most folks are getting significantly less than that. The people who are most likely to not be able to go to work for COVID are earning near the bottom of the barrel in salary.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

a) Everyone isn't getting $1,000/week.
    To add further emphasis to this, no one in Virginia is earning $1000 a week. And thankfully Virginia is a state that waives income taxes for unemployment. Not all states do that.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Ok people on average are making 134% more than when they worked by staying home. To me that’s not fair when you have all these lower paying jobs who the workers had to work through everything. “Essential” workers. There should be some sort of hazard pay for people who had to risk their lives and work through everything

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Agreed

But he won't see that as a reason to raise the minimum wage. He sees it as a way to keep those who are getting a bit closer to a fair wage something taken away from them.

BTW, has anyone prior to this mentioned that Louie Gohmert has tested positive for COVID? Or that apparently Herman Cain was in a coma or something due to COVID? Two people out there pretending it's not real who got whammied with it.
    _____

_____

Oh really? Right now they are getting 1,000 per week or 4,000 per month on unemployment. That’s 48,000 per year

Here’s the average salary of a police officer by city: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/Salarie...alary-by-State

So how is it “drastically higher”

How long should we keep paying the extra 600 per week? Forever? Months? Most businesses are currently open right now.

Again, why do you take no issue with how low of a wage so many people are getting in the first place? I think it ****ing RULES that people are making more money. I wish they all were. Wages have been stagnant for many decades now. People were struggling immensely before this are are struggling even more now. I think it kicks ***. I'm happy when poor people make more money.
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    well, some aren't going back when called saying they'll wait until these benefits end
    Yes, the employer could then let the govt know, but most of them haven't been doing that if they can fill the position with someone else.

And now they need census workers...if they want to fill those up, they could offer a deal to the unemployed who may not otherwise apply for similar reasons.....because any income they make is normally dollar for dollar removed from an unemployment check, but they could reduce that to fill positions.
    If you dont go back when called you are no longer eligible to receive benefits. Why wouldn't the employer let the govt know? It costs the employer money.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    If you dont go back when called you are no longer eligible to receive benefits. Why wouldn't the employer let the govt know? It costs the employer money.
    I don't have an answer to that other than they don't want to get the person cut off.
    It does and doesn't cost them money...if they'd already been collecting, the employer is already paying the UI they were going to be paying. And maybe it's not happened that much anymore, I don't know. I just know I'd seen it when Georgia first opened and knew of a couple situations here locally.

My larger issue hasn't been that people are getting this extra money, it's been about how the government went about it and the loopholes they left wide open. They encouraged companies to keep their employees and offered them PPP money to do so, which helped the company but sometimes cost the employee. Then they left loopholes open so SOME companies basically double dipped- got PPP money but laid off employees with plans to bring them back...got their loan forgiven because their number of employees was the same at the end, but in the middle let taxpayers pay their payroll for a few weeks.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I don't have an answer to that other than they don't want to get the person cut off.
    It does and doesn't cost them money...if they'd already been collecting, the employer is already paying the UI they were going to be paying. And maybe it's not happened that much anymore, I don't know. I just know I'd seen it when Georgia first opened and knew of a couple situations here locally.

My larger issue hasn't been that people are getting this extra money, it's been about how the government went about it and the loopholes they left wide open. They encouraged companies to keep their employees and offered them PPP money to do so, which helped the company but sometimes cost the employee. Then they left loopholes open so SOME companies basically double dipped- got PPP money but laid off employees with plans to bring them back...got their loan forgiven because their number of employees was the same at the end, but in the middle let taxpayers pay their payroll for a few weeks.
    Yeah, I can't figure out why they wouldn't report it, I pay my guys to sit home the better part of six weeks a year to avoid it.

I agree with the rest of this. It was a hurried mess of a deal.

Which is why it is ridiculous people keep focusing on unemployment benefits in this way when there are much bigger issues and that one is truly a need for many who got laid off.